Guess it's about time: From the REAL Greg Berg

gregishere

Reaction score
Ah... well, I'm gonna guess they recorded him separately without telling any of the other actors.

Another small question. I noticed in the episode of Muppet Babies where they're all operatic super heroes, when Baby Fozzie was one of the Ninja Turtles, he was referred to as Fozzatello. Was that a direct reference to your role as the alternate voice of Donatello in the actual 1980's series, or was that all a co-incidence?
It'd be best to check the year of the episode, as when voicing TMNT, I can't recall telling the MB people, (or whomever was writing that episode, and they threw it in?)
If the episode came 'before' TMNT, then it'd be an eerie occurrence of destiny!

Somewhere there may be an episode/year list and it can be compared as the Turtles were popular at the time and MB wrote about them,..then maybe later I did Turtles.

The series original episodes endedearly90's..by then, I slipped into voicing a newly animated show in 1989 , 'The Simpson's'.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was one of the really late Muppet Babies episodes... possible last or second to last season (Bean Bunny was there). I can't remember exactly the first episode of Turtles you first did Don's voice... I know one featured the Return of Baxter Stockman.

But the Muppet babies episode had to have been from the early 90's. They referenced the Batman movie. Gonzo had a line about having to pay Warner Brothers millions of dollars for a 30 second clip.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the credits in that book, it was copyrighted 1985, between the first two seasons, and I saw Frank Welker was credited as Skeeter (Bunsen and Beaker were both absent), so I guess maybe they hired him and then replaced him with Dave Coulier before the new season.

The superhero episode is one of the first from the last season, 1990-1991. The TMNT cartoon debuted in 1987.

catherine

Reaction score
welcome greg, hi there. Great to have u on board.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Wow, this is amazing! :smile: It's after midnight at the moment, so forgive the lack of eloquence.

I've always loved Muppet Babies, but I guess I don't have to tell you who my favourite character always was. :wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
It'd be best to check the year of the episode, as when voicing TMNT, I can't recall telling the MB people, (or whomever was writing that episode, and they threw it in?)
If the episode came 'before' TMNT, then it'd be an eerie occurrence of destiny!

Somewhere there may be an episode/year list and it can be compared as the Turtles were popular at the time and MB wrote about them,..then maybe later I did Turtles.

The series original episodes endedearly90's..by then, I slipped into voicing a newly animated show in 1989 , 'The Simpson's'.
What work do you do on "The Simpsons"?

rome kapen

Reaction score
Wow! It's just amazing to have you on the forum,Greg! By the way, what were recording sessions for muppet babies like?

gregishere

Reaction score
Doing voice recordings on a weekly basis was a constant burst of creativity. Each week, the talent on each show would show up to the recording and find out THAT day what the episode was about! Are we visiting an imaginary zoo or creating our own radio show?

One week I was called to work, I had just started coming down with a cold which was going around town(so everyone was bound to get it eventually),I was at the 'sniffling' stag, the voice usually suffers next, so I was worried my voice/characters would be affected...I was ready to leave if they weren't normal sounding and was ready to offer coming in when the nasally sound cleared and record my segments later.

As luck would have it, the episode that week was 'Scooter's Uncommon Cold!' So I was in perfect tone for the recording!

rome kapen

Reaction score
Doing voice recordings on a weekly basis was a constant burst of creativity. Each week, the talent on each show would show up to the recording and find out THAT day what the episode was about! Are we visiting an imaginary zoo or creating our own radio show?

One week I was called to work, I had just started coming down with a cold which was going around town(so everyone was bound to get it eventually),I was at the 'sniffling' stag, the voice usually suffers next, so I was worried my voice/characters would be affected...I was ready to leave if they weren't normal sounding and was ready to offer coming in when the nasally sound cleared and record my segments later.

As luck would have it, the episode that week was 'Scooter's Uncommon Cold!' So I was in perfect tone for the recording!
Thanks for the information!