Grover the Salesman

mikealan

Reaction score
I've remembered a few skits where Grover sells anything to Kermit back when I was a kid. Now, when I watched Play With Me Sesame yesterday, I saw one sketch that I remembered so far right after the Ten Tiny Turtles On the Telephone and before Jazzy Spies#10. It was where Grover wants Kermit to wear sunglasses, but he doesn't want to wear them, because he doesn't have a nose and ears, so Grover puts the sunglasses on Kermit and puts on a nose and ears next. Kermit enters wearing sunglasses, nose and ears and thinks that it's ridiculous, so he lets Grover get out of his house.

Anyone got the other Grover the Salesman memories?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember a lot of those. It's funny how Grover used to always torture Kermit. Let's see. There was one tried to sell him toothpaste or something, so he put false teeth on Kermit. I'll try to come up with more of them. I didn't even know they still played those sketches on "Play With Me Sesame."

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
That's one of the things that I really enjoy about Play With Me Sesame. They often play vintage sketches that you would never be able to catch on the regular street in it current format.

Thijs

Reaction score
The thing that made me laugh the most was Grover with his nose between the door.

SillyRed

Reaction score
There was another one where he mentioned he didn't have teeth.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I remember once when Grover was selling wigs to the fat blue guy....Fat Blue asked Grover something like, "Now, why do I need to buy a wig?" And Grover's response is, "Well, no offense, Sir, but whatever FUZZ there WAS, has gone SOUTH!" One of my favorite Grover lines ever!!!! Brightens up my day just THINKING about it!!!! :big_grin: