Grover, The Count and Hot Dogs

Timothy Callil

Reaction score
Ancient bump, I know... but I've been researching this episode and found a few tidbits on the internet, though no video. Can anyone attest to seeing this, or is it just an urban myth?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ancient bump, I know... but I've been researching this episode and found a few tidbits on the internet, though no video. Can anyone attest to seeing this, or is it just an urban myth?
Muppet Wiki cites an "earleist known appearance" episode number via the CTW Archives, so that's some proof.

I don't think anybody has a copy, but it seems to be transcribed here: http://members.tripod.com/tiny_dancer/waitercount.html

Not sure if that fan has a copy or transcribed it by memory (which would make the accuracy questionable).

This segment seems to be a minor holy grail among fans. It's a shame it wasn't on the Old School or 40th anniversary DVDs (though I understand them choosing a waiter sketch with Mr. Johnson if they could only include one), or in the episodes on iTunes, or at sesamestreet.org. If there is ever a character spotlight video for The Count I hope this gets included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm so glad that we got to finally see this segment.

I was surprised that the lighting wasn't darker. I always assumed this was from the fourth season, since The Count used his powers which I assumed were gone after the characters first season. I thought the EKA for this was a season four episode, but then I looked at the Waiter Grover page and saw that the EKA is a season six episode. That doesn't mean that it wasn't from earlier, but it does look like it's from a little later than season 4.

I saw that Oscarfan uploaded this. I'd like to thank Oscarfan for uploading this segment.

Heh, I like how the video description says that we're probably tired of seeing it for the millionth time. I wonder how long it'll take before this clip gets one million views.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This and a Leslie Mostly skit too. Not going to ask him how he got them, but instead be thankful that someone managed to stumble across these two.

The Count was really much an isolated character back then, wasn't he? As if he's just stepped outside of his castle after thousands of years. I love how he calls hot dogs his "favorite American Food." Certainly not the Count we all know and love today. Very isolated and weird. Glad that and the more vampirish mind control thing were all in the rear view mirror.