Gordon Lightfoot

Beebers

Reaction score
That does not seem possible. Love him and his music, always have. The Canadian Troubadour.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I have been such a big fan all of my life! A couple of years back we were all a little worried about the guy's health, but he pulled through it, and I believe he's back recording and performing!

If anyone is unfamiliar with his work, grab the "Gord's Gold" and "Gord's Gold 2" (is there a 3?) collections and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. (I've noticed that this message board has the widest acceptance of different kinds of music I've ever seen among this wide of an age gap!!)

Happy Birthday, Mr. Lightfoot!

later
eric

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the GG releases have songs from the 1st 9 or 10 years of his career.what's bad about the GG releases or at least i know with the 1st GG while the 70s songswere put on the album as is, the 60s stuff witch is everything from side 1 was re-recorded for that album. thought there are CD's and cassette of the original recording of them. here's a site about him http://www.corfid.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ulimate.cgi

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Sixty-six? Gee, he's older than I thought. Did you know he was hospitalized earlier this year? Seems to me it was a stroke and he was near death but the hospital pulled him through it. He then performed a benefit for the hospital to thank them. I went to see Gordon Lightfoor in May of 2000, and it's the closest I've ever come to the front row. We were in the second row, and the tickets were only $25. It was an awesome concert. I was just thinking about Gordo because it's November, and the song I most associate with November is "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." It's a brilliant song, and it contains one of my all-time favorite lines: "Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?" Anyway, hope he has a happy birthday!
Erin

salemfan

Reaction score
Ord Lightfoot's song, "Christian Island" reminded me of the crosses I see on highways for people who died in accidents.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
the GG releases have songs from the 1st 9 or 10 years of his career.what's bad about the GG releases or at least i know with the 1st GG while the 70s songswere put on the album as is, the 60s stuff witch is everything from side 1 was re-recorded for that album. thought there are CD's and cassette of the original recording of them. here's a site about him http://www.corfid.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ulimate.cgi
Yeah, the old original stuff is much better than the re-records, IMHO, and I had most of it on an album (8-track, actually) put out by K-Tel called "Gordon Lightfoot -- Fantastic!" These were the original recordings and was very satisfying.