Gorch on E

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Hiya gang,

Has anybody been watching the classic SNL episodes on E!, and have they shown any of the Land of Gorch sketches? I haven't heard anyone say for sure, but I assume they have been part of the half-hour edited out.

Just wondering,

Scott

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Hey,
Yeah they edited most of the The Land Of The Gorch sketches out.

I think they had some scenes that the Muppets were in, But only for a few seconds.

See ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gorch-E...

Hiya Hiya Hiya!

I have taped only ONE episode that had the Gorch sketch in it, and other than that I think they may be editing it out...UNLESS they meniton "Jim Henson's Muppets" in the opening credits. I printed off the Gorch Episode list off some SNL website somewhere and so I've been watching for those episodes.

Also, was the original format only one hour long?

FOZ

Ryan

Reaction score
Drgoshposh

They have shown one, whcih was the one where Ploobis and Scred get drunk! (A classic!) :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
E!'s not showing the episodes in order, and a lot of the shows they've been showing were post Gorch shows...i don't think they've shown any episodes yet that the Muppets were originally in but were edited out of the E! showing.

The Richard Pryor episode with the Drunk sketch is the only one shown so far as of the time of this posting.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for tellin me! I'm going to keep my eyes out, tho. They made mention of "Muppets" tonight w/ Candace (sp?) Bergen.

FOZ

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When the Lily Tomlin episode comes up on the schedule, be sure to let us all know as that features Jerry Nelson's Scred singing "I Got You Babe" with Lilly Tomlin. Hopefully that won't be cut as well.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Candice Bergan has hosted the show more than once...and she's hosted two shows with a Christmas theme! Last night was Christmas 1976 so if you watched and didn't see Muppets, don't worry - you want to watch for Christmas 1975 w/ Candace.

(Still last night's was a classic ep! The great line/name flub in Candace and Gilda's stupid girl commercial and Emily Litella sweetly as sugar calling Jane Curtin the B word are some of my fave moments!)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That ep WAS indeed one of the funniest!!

I also hope to get all the Blues Brothers shots from SNL, too. With Jake and Elwood, I only have Soul Man and "B" Movie songs.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
This is not a very good heads up (unless you have a time machine), but on today's episode of SNL on E (Raquel Welch), they included the Gorch sketch.

I don't really remember what it was about, I was just so excited (it wasn't so much the Gorch sketch, but the fact that my mom bought me some mini muffins)...

:smile: