Gonziggy aka Miss Pigzo the Great -- The first Gonzo and Piggy shippers association

Beauregard

Reaction score
It started with Mummenschanz...first aired on January the Ninth, 1977...

...the episode in which Gonzo first unveiled his carefully concealed desire for a closely connected diva...

And it was apparently called off when Gonzo transfered his affections to Madeline Kahn, and later Camilla...

...but what if Gonzo still harboured the crush that he carried around since they were babies under Nanny's protective care...

...what if Piggy's revoltion was born from attraction?

What if Kermit did not exist?

Would Gonzo and Miss Piggy have ended up together?

--

According to the association laid down in the early hours of Sunday 30th March, by Beauregard and Mrs Pepper...they would, and maybe they did, or will do in the future.

It is our belief that the two are suited to each other, matched, and evenly balanced.

Feel free to join us...or ignore us...Or eat candy.

Bea:zany:{This would be interesting...}regard

Skye

Reaction score
Ooooo, candy! *grabs some* :insatiable:

Hmmmm.... a pig and a whatever. Lol, that would be some odd couple! :wink:

It's always Piggy and Kermit to me, though. I think they're so cute together! And Gonzo and Camilla... what a sweet couple!

But Gonzo and Piggy... that's a strange thought, lol. This would be, uh, very interesting, indeed! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
One thing that I should mention before the thread goes off, though, is that the main thoughts related to the Gonziggy relationship is that in a Gonziggy world, Kermit doesn't exist.

Of course, it will always be Kermit and Piggy...I for one am one of their biggest supporters.

...but what if...what if...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah yes, 1977... that was a very fateful year for this pairing... :mad: :concern:

Beau and I (among many others, I'm sure) cannot help but wonder, if Kermit was not in the picture to keep everything right in the world, would Piggy have finally given in to Gonzo's urgent affections? *sigh* It is shameful that the world will never know such bliss.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I makes you wonder if Gonzo and Piggy maybe have a past that goes back before The Muppet Show started. She seems to have a pretty strong hatred towards the blue weirdo and for, apparently, no real reason. Did they have a fling in high school that ended badly? Also, was Kermit, maybe, being rather calous in pushing Piggy and Gonzo together when he knew very well that the Pig couldn't stand Gonzo?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh wow, Mistersuperstar! That's a really good point. Did they not only have a potential future, but possibly a tumultuous past? :concern:

AND, if Kermit wasn't there to try to push them together (ultimately resulting in Piggy's dislike of Gonzo), would they have gotten together on their own? :confused:

This is all very dramatic. Like sand through the hourglass...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Sign me up, gentleweirdos and ladypigs. <3

I adore this shipping far more than Pig-frog.

Yes, I am a hypocrite for saying so because I posted something similar about the two---BUT! In my heart, it just HAD to be Gonzo and Piggy.

Let's compare.
This isn't a bashing, my friends!
This is only observation....

Kermit was snarky to Piggy's affection for him and disrespected her many times. XP (Not a bashing!)

Gonzo always praised her...smothering her with love, warmth, and kindess....and constant clinginess <3 LOL! Which is CUTE!

Now, which muppet is better for this porky princess? :concern: :mad:

Sadly, this never happened...

Until fanfics came along >).
BWAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*Laughs maniacally, plotting their forced romance* <3

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Gonzo seems to have gotten over her, however, though maybe he wouldn't have been forced to in a Kermitless world, and perhaps a Camillaless world.

He did seem a little hurt in the special features for the Muppet Show Season 2 when his crush on Miss Piggy came up. If I recall:

Rizzo: Well what happened between you?
Gonzo: Oh it was, it was nothing, it was just this thing, this thing that happened in the seventies.
Man: You and Miss Piggy?
Rizzo: What happened in the seventies between you and-?
Gonzo: Ohh I had a little crush, I don't want to go into it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Love the point you made, BeaSquee, that Gonzo has always been devoted to her! I suppose the argument could be given that Piggy needs someone who doesn't need her though?

Mind you, its not as if Gonzo would just give in to her every wish...he's can be very original with his art.