GMC in Theaters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind a lot of movies, when aired on network TV like that, have many scenes cut for time.
I know. It's just that for The Great Muppet Caper I mainly watched the version I had tapped for many years, then saw some additional broadcasts which included scenes cut from that broadcast (though I recall one such broadcast editing other scenes... My local UPN station cut the entire prision scene between Miss Piggy and Kermit).

Interestingly, I don't ever recall seeing TMM or MTM being edited for television broadcasts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I only saw those two on actual movie channels (HBO, Starz, etc)... though I do remember taping TMM from Disney Channel back in the 90s, and you're right, it wasn't cut... but then again, Disney wasn't bad about cutting movies; I also had FTB and The Chipmunk Adventure taped from Disney from the 90s, and both are uncut... but boy, it's amazing how much they've been restored for recent DVD releases.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think I only saw those two on actual movie channels (HBO, Starz, etc)... though I do remember taping TMM from Disney Channel back in the 90s, and you're right, it wasn't cut... but then again, Disney wasn't bad about cutting movies; I also had FTB and The Chipmunk Adventure taped from Disney from the 90s, and both are uncut... but boy, it's amazing how much they've been restored for recent DVD releases.
Well, I don't think the Muppet movies or FTB have anyhting that would need to be cut for content. And the Disney Channel didn't have commercial interruptions back when those were shown (though I know that TMM and FTB have been broadcast on the channel since Disney became a regular cable channel with commercial interruptions). I think I've read that The Disney Channel did edit it's broadcasts of The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, there's commercials on both that I tape, but then again, even back in the 90s, commercials weren't as bad as they are today, where they have like five minute breaks for every ten minute's worth of program, lol.