Getting More Classic Muppets On Home Video

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I mentioned this in the thread about the upcoming release of The Muppet Movie on Blu-Ray, but I wanted to make sure it got as much attention as possible, so word could spread, so I figured I'd start a new thread just for this. Yesterday, I finally got around to creating a Facebook fan page for showing the level of fan interest in getting more of the Classic Muppet material released on home video and streaming video services. I'm hoping to get this seen by the powers-that-be, so they can really know what we want, and even just that there is a true demand for it.

It is also a place to make suggestions for what to be put out, including the case of something like bonus features for the already announced upcoming Blu-Ray. Otherwise, it's for sharing fond memories of any and all Muppet productions which have not been put out there on current media formats or if they've been released on DVD before, suggesting more worthwhile additions to a Blu-Ray release, such as commentary.

Here is the address: http://www.facebook.com/MoreClassicMuppetHomeVideo . Please share it on sites like Twitter and Facebook and any other Muppet fan sites you might be a member of. I really want this to grow, as social media can be a powerful tool in making things happen, in this day and age. The obvious example I can think of is a Facebook campaign succeeding in getting Betty White to host Saturday Night Live. Cookie also appeared after gaining buzz in a similar attempt, if not a full-on hosting duty. So far, there are 33 Likes, which is not too shabby, having just started it later, yesterday, but we have a long way to go to really show Disney/Muppets Studio that we mean business. Thanks, in advance, for your support in this effort!

-Zach