George in MTI

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I always figured JP Grosse as a big property mogul, owning a LOT of different properties: businesses, theaters, apartment complexes, duplexes...maybe even a banker.

But, if he left the theater to the Muppets, how come they were still paying on it in VMX? Hmm...
Kermit: "Hmm, when Scooter's Uncle left us the theatre, I had no idea it had so many debts."

That was roughly what he said. That was why they were paying on it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He probably took out a few mortgages on the property with different banks, died or split, and had the title to the property transfer over to the Muppets' name.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Kermit: "Hmm, when Scooter's Uncle left us the theatre, I had no idea it had so many debts."
it is strange that, on a talk show, Kermit referred to him as Scooters uncle, instead of J.P. Gross. If I was the host of a show and had to mention the owner of the theatre I would refer to him by name and not as the uncle of somebody who worked backstage (and even if I did i wouldn't mention the nephew by just their first name).

Since he only said that scooters uncle left them the theatre, it is possible that J.P. gross sold (or gave) the theatre to another one of Scooters uncles and then that uncle had died.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But, that would kill the running gag of JP Grosse being Scooter's Uncle. I think probably it was something they were trying to just get away from and didn't go into detail. As a matter of fact, I'm ready for the theater to just be their's wholly.