George in MTI

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe pushing the mop or broom got to be too much for George?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Nah. He said he would never want to quit showbiz. I say George was kidnapped by aliens. He could have been kidnapped by Klingons..........Ya, that'll work.

ryan

That Announcer

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Nah. He said he would never want to quit showbiz. I say George was kidnapped by aliens. He could have been kidnapped by Klingons..........Ya, that'll work.

ryan
"Qat'lh?" (Little in-joke there...)

I would like to see a "parallel universe" series where George, Mildred, Hilda, Cynthia Birdley, Mary Louise, Wayne and Wanda open their own theater. That would be fun, you've got to admit... :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be neat. Perhaps, you could include Seymour the Elephant in that universe as well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
What's funny is that the writers and "grabber of Muppets for a scene" forgot that George was the Janitor and we were used to a certain voice for him, and that JP Grosse owned the Muppet Theater, and was Scooter's uncle--and, based on VMX, JP Grosse is dead now.
Still, VMX came after MTI. So he could have been alive when MTI was filmed.

Still, they really should not use him again after VMX.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
different voice

Muppetsdownunder said:
Yes I think he was in Muppet Christmas Carol aswell! And his lines are something like " When a cold wind blows it chills you, chills you to bone" If i remember rightly.
In that scene, George spoke with a different voice, but I think the voice was still done by Frank Oz (althouhg for some reason I have been thinking that it was David Rudman). Perhaps there was no specification in the script as to who was supposed to sing that line, voices were recorded with no recognizable characters in mind, and then somebody just randomly chose george and other characters for that scene.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
What's funny is that the writers and "grabber of Muppets for a scene" forgot that George was the Janitor and we were used to a certain voice for him, and that JP Grosse owned the Muppet Theater, and was Scooter's uncle--and, based on VMX, JP Grosse is dead now.
Well it could be that he wanted do do something else in the world than owning a theater. And just handed over the ownership before he started on something else.
They did not state that he was dead in VMX just that "he left the theater to them" or something like that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Well it could be that he wanted do do something else in the world than owning a theater. And just handed over the ownership before he started on something else.
They did not state that he was dead in VMX just that "he left the theater to them" or something like that.
I guess that is true...but, the fact he "left it to them" certainly suggests that he is dead...unless he is hibernating...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I always figured JP Grosse as a big property mogul, owning a LOT of different properties: businesses, theaters, apartment complexes, duplexes...maybe even a banker.

But, if he left the theater to the Muppets, how come they were still paying on it in VMX? Hmm...

Gonzo14

Reaction score
But in Very Merry Christmas Movie, Scooter says that his uncle USED TO own the theatre, what happened there