Gas Prices out of control

Crazyminnyhaha

Reaction score
This is an e-mail I got and would like to share with all who are fed up with the rising gas prices

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME - AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT
AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS

Like most of you Im SICK of the rising gas prices and thanks to the recent hurricane in the gulf there going up again. :mad:

Regular by me is 2.69 what is everyone else paying

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This sounds like another one of those chain letters. I hope you're not going to be another Barney Fife.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Crazyminnyhaha said:
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.
I've seen this kind of thing attempted before. One radio host I like to listen to, Bob Grant, often mentions that if people would just agree to not buy any gas for one day (say, a Saturday or Sunday) it would make a profound difference. But he always adds something like, "But it'll NEVER happen. People don't have the self-discipline. It would take huge numbers of people agreeing to this. Just a few here and there not buying gas won't do a thing." He used the Jersey shore recently as an example. He said look at all these people that just have to spend their weekends going to the shore, using all that gasoline in their cars, and willing to wait in long lines of traffic to get there.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i was charged 172.00 today for gas instead of 17.20 i was upset when i found out

That Announcer

Reaction score
Sigh...

My uncle Roger sent me this letter, and I found a few major holes in it. First of all, if a bunch of people agree not to buy gas for one day, those that are desparate will still buy gas that day. Second, those that did agree to the proposal will buy gas two days beforehand. Third, when the oil companies see what little gas they sold on that day, they'll jack the prices up by an insane percentage because they needed to make a profit for that day. In short: sorry, Crazyminnyhaha, but it won't work. :frown:

Crazyminnyhaha

Reaction score
So basically there gonna keep jacking up the prices no matter what happens. This is why im thinking about getting one of those gas electric cars.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Crazyminnyhaha said:
So basically there gonna keep jacking up the prices no matter what happens. This is why im thinking about getting one of those gas electric cars.
Not a bad idea, indeed. In Canada, where the prices are significantly worse than those in America (we're in heaven when we head to Maine), we've kinda learned to deal with high gas prices. Many are indeed switching to hybrids here, but the price is prohibitive for some (including my mother). So, if you've got the money, I say go for it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, gas is much worse here than down south. It's at a dollar a litre, at least. Someone do the math, that's alot of money. I wouldn't be able to figure it out in american moeny cause you'd have to convery litres to gallons(? I forget the unit of measure) and canadian dollars to american.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Yeah, gas is much worse here than down south. It's at a dollar a litre, at least. Someone do the math, that's alot of money. I wouldn't be able to figure it out in american moeny cause you'd have to convery litres to gallons(? I forget the unit of measure) and canadian dollars to american.
We're at 1.20 a gallon as of tomorrow. Horrible. :mad:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
A $1.20!?!?! We're at $2.60!!!

Unfortunately, this really never does work, and even if it did, it would mean that everyone would fill up the day before or after, making record high sales, so it really doesn't do crap.

The really sick thing is that this is all speculation. The rise in prices however is starting to choke retail sales; bad timing considering the holiday season is right around the corner. Take also into consideration that most retail stores make anywhere between 25 to 60% of their annual sales in December. Either way; the American economy is going to take a hit and we'll slip into a recession.