Future Dr. Seuss Films

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if there'll ever be a sequel to The Cat in the Hat based on The Cat in the Hat Comes Back.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wasn't there a cartoon called 'The Cat in the Hat meets the Grinch'? That would be an interesting CGI movie.

Daniel

AquaGGR

Reaction score
What if they did a crossover with a bunch of characters from the Suess universe? I think that would be interesting to watch.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wasn't there a cartoon called 'The Cat in the Hat meets the Grinch'? That would be an interesting CGI movie.

Daniel
I love that special and for that reason I pray it stays off the Hollywood radar because I would cry to see it ruined. I'm sorry I just have zero faith in Hollywod's ability to do Suess well, lol.

snichols1973

Reaction score

Daniel

You're probably thinking of "The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat"......

Teheheman

Reaction score
You're probably thinking of "The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat"......

Yup, that's the one I'm thinking of. I think they used to show that on the day after Thanksgiving every year. I remember watching that at the horse track between races.

Daniel

Princeton

Reaction score
In the years since I first posted this thread, a few Seuss properties have had new adapts that I'd love to hear your thoughts on : the new animated Grinch film (which I think if nothing else has made us all grateful for the Jim Carrey film in a way we weren't before) and the Green Eggs and Ham Netflix series which I really loved a lot.
To whoever suggested "Butter Battle Book" before, the only problem I see with that is that a film version would defeat the book's cliffhanger ending, which was arguably the book's strongest aspect.
I'd also like to change my opinion on the Lorax film because since starting this thread I have read the book and consider the film a great insult to the book's mesage and also I think it's the most dated film in terms of the pop culture sensibilities portrayed.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
In the years since I first posted this thread, a few Seuss properties have had new adapts that I'd love to hear your thoughts on : the new animated Grinch film (which I think if nothing else has made us all grateful for the Jim Carrey film in a way we weren't before) and the Green Eggs and Ham Netflix series which I really loved a lot.
To whoever suggested "Butter Battle Book" before, the only problem I see with that is that a film version would defeat the book's cliffhanger ending, which was arguably the book's strongest aspect.
I'd also like to change my opinion on the Lorax film because since starting this thread I have read the book and consider the film a great insult to the book's mesage and also I think it's the most dated film in terms of the pop culture sensibilities portrayed.
Personally I'm excited for the new cat in the hat movie coming out from Warner Bros.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, anything has to be an improvement on the Mike Myers Cat in the Hat live actioner. Though the 2000 Jim Carey live action version of The Grinch is a classic, I still love and yearn to once again watch/hear the original animated version narrated by Boris Karloff. The Lorax film was a hot piece of mess all around, and that's only from the trailers.

As for new endeavors... I think Pontoffel Pock would make for an amusing version for its quasi-obscurity, and the refrain of the pickles song has always stuck in my mind. :zany:

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Meh, anything has to be an improvement on the Mike Myers Cat in the Hat live actioner. Though the 2000 Jim Carey live action version of The Grinch is a classic, I still love and yearn to once again watch/hear the original animated version narrated by Boris Karloff. The Lorax film was a hot piece of mess all around, and that's only from the trailers.

As for new endeavors... I think Pontoffel Pock would make for an amusing version for its quasi-obscurity, and the refrain of the pickles song has always stuck in my mind. :zany:
I agree the Mike Myers Cat in the Hat movie is pure garbage. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.