Fur

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
its cutsom dye at the workshop, very little fur used by the Workshop is off the rack , or bought as is at stores, it almost always starts off as a basic white fur(of varing pile hieghts and thicknesses,), most start off straight , the texture is often the result of the dye process, and how much it was restored after drying ,

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Okay, thanks.:smile: I think I'll look around and see if I can find any fur that looks somewhat similar to their's. If you know something that does let me know.

DPuppets

Reaction score
One thing I have learned about dyeing fur, it is better to just put it in a big pot on the stove instead of the washing machine. I just let it set for while and cook it. It causes the fur to really give a nice look something like what I have seen from muppet fur.

puppetree

Reaction score
hi everybody. ive been a lurker for a while but i had to ask. If I'm correct, most fur is polyester and i've read here you can't dye polyester. Does the Muppet workshop have the special equipment? should I look for fur made of something else to dye it on the stove? or does it work with polyester? I'm confused!!!

DPuppets

Reaction score
I have thought the same, but I use a white fur and I put it in a big pot of water on the stove. I put my dye in there and just let it simmer for a long while. The fur does not take all the dye like Antron but does take it. Also it gives it a rough look too. When I rise it out in cold water after the dyeing process I just let it air dry. Hope that clears up what I posted earlier.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
look thru this forum, this topic come up alot , and has been discussed adnausium,

tyhe main thing to know is that basic over the counter dyes will not give you the desired results,

goole ALJO dye,

they sell what you need, its great stuff