Fraggle Rock Rock On! Episode 1 - Shine On!

Luke

Reaction score
I LOVED it. So amazing to see the Fraggles back, and especially Karen as Red Fraggle. Some amazing new talent too, well new in terms of the first time the mainstream public has really seen them in action. Mokey's clearly in great hands with Donna Kimbell
The premise of Doozertube and also the current Co-Vid situation (and how the Fraggle message relates) was the perfect platform for a Fraggle comeback. Seeing Uncle Travelling Matt's take on the "silly creatures" is especially great and there's plenty of scope to look at how the world has changed. Hopefully we'll see more new projects in time for the Fraggles.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Donna Kimball makes a really good Mokey. Her singing voice is just about as pretty as Kathy Mullen's. Frankie Cordero's voice for Wembley, a kinda Rudy/Wembley mix works. I liked Gobo complimenting Mokey's singing, and her sweetly saying "Thank you." Of course, it's always a delight when Johnny T sings.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
About Dave Goelz only doing voices. You might notice that the last few Gonzos used throughout the decade look bigger (and kinda fatter) and a friend of mine who met someone from Puppet Heap years ago told me that when gonzo was rebuild he had to be built that way because as Dave got older he had a harder time holding his arm in the air for long periods of time so Dave has probably just limited his performing., And also (this might be a bit of a stretch) he mentioned in the live stream on May 16th that he injured his right hand after falling off of a ladder so maybe that has prevented him from performing. Why Frankie is only doing Wembley's voice I don't know, my guess is that he's busy with Sesame Street

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually it's more of Dave Goelz not wanting having more puppets in his household after having to disinfect his Muppet characters throughly and didn't want more puppets.

cahuenga

Reaction score
About Dave Goelz only doing voices. You might notice that the last few Gonzos used throughout the decade look bigger (and kinda fatter) and a friend of mine who met someone from Puppet Heap years ago told me that when gonzo was rebuild he had to be built that way because as Dave got older he had a harder time holding his arm in the air for long periods of time so Dave has probably just limited his performing., And also (this might be a bit of a stretch) he mentioned in the live stream on May 16th that he injured his right hand after falling off of a ladder so maybe that has prevented him from performing. Why Frankie is only doing Wembley's voice I don't know, my guess is that he's busy with Sesame Street
If Dave can´t hold Gonzo´s puppet why did they make him bigger instead of smaller and lighter? I don´t buy that information. Fraggle Rock on was filmed during lockdown, so Frankie wasn´t busy with Sesame. I wonder which devices were used by Dave and Frankie to record fraggles voices....

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
If Dave can´t hold Gonzo´s puppet why did they make him bigger instead of smaller and lighter? I don´t buy that information. Fraggle Rock on was filmed during lockdown, so Frankie wasn´t busy with Sesame. I wonder which devices were used by Dave and Frankie to record fraggles voices....
Dave Goelz explain in MOMI presentation on Fraggle Rock On, it's more of about the germs and that he doesn't want the puppets.