Fraggle Rock Rock On! Episode 1 - Shine On!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 1 - Shine On!
AppleTV+ Premiere: Tuesday April 21, 2020

When new Doozertubes are delivered to each Fraggle's cave, they're able to come together for a song even though they're apart.

If you've seen "Shine On!" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Cast list
Karen Prell- Red
Donna Kimball- Mokey
John Tartaglia- Gobo
Boober- Dave Goelz
Wembley- Frankie Cordero

I must say Donna Kimball is a very good Mokey. I was convinced it was Katherine Mullen

And Henson seriously won’t go near Steve huh? shame

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Cast list
Karen Prell- Red
Donna Kimball- Mokey
John Tartaglia- Gobo
Boober- Dave Goelz
Wembley- Frankie Cordero

I must say Donna Kimball is a very good Mokey. I was convinced it was Katherine Mullen

And Henson seriously won’t go near Steve huh? shame
I'm surprised Kevin Clash is no longer Wembley. He took over when Steve was done.

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
As a fraggle fan, this is amazing news. :excited: I watched the first episode, everybody sounds great, and they sang one of my favorite songs.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
i love this so much!!!!! great to see all the Fraggles back together! the song was cute, and i think the performers did a great job emulating the original performers. Donna Kimball, in particular, did such an amazing job that i legit thought that it was Kathryn Mullen at first!

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVED it!!
Especially loved that John Tartaglia is now performing Gobo.
Donna Kimbell, AMAZING as Mokey! Like everyone else, I originally thought she was performed by Kathryn Mullen (if only, right?).
And I'm especially happy that Karen Prell reprised her role as Red (Woo Hoo!). Only fitting.

I'll definitely be watching this every week!

MWoO

Reaction score
Was certainly interesting. Nice to see new Fraggle content. I wonder if something like this was always in the works or if they threw it together due to the current situation. I assume the latter is true.

Donna Kimbell really does a pretty good Mokey, though maybe a little too much energy from the start. John Tartaglia seems ok as Gobo. Of course no one can replace Jerry Nelson, especially with his sharp and perfect pitched singing voice. I'm not feeling Wembley here though....

So weird that the Jim Henson Company didn't bring back Steve for this project. Not to open up old wounds, but it really does seem like no one wants to work with the guy which is a shame. He really is a great talent and one of the few that can reprise his role, one that he created.