Fraggle Rock on Boomerang UK TV July 23rd

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Hi all UK fans,

As reported on toughpigs.com, Fraggle Rock is going to be aired on UK TV for the first time since its re-runs in the early 90's on Nickelodeon. Starting on July 23rd on TV Channel BOOMERANG.

It appears by there web site ad that it will be using the USA versions, and unfortunetly not the UK versions that most UK fans want to re visit, but at least its back.

http://www.boomerangtv.co.uk/events/fragglerock/

Chris

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I think that The Jim Henson Company wants to have the world get useed to the US version so everyone haa seen the first version and feels it has universal appeal. Also so the movie can focus on one doc.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
That's great news!

It's not the first time that UK Boomerang had puppet shows. Last time it was Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds.:wink:

Fingers crossed if the show get lots of viewers it may get HIT DVD to release more Fraggle DVDs in the future.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I wish I lived in the UK. You guys are so lucky!:smile:

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Did anyone manage to catch this this morning?

I cant get Boomerang, also Im at work when its on, I just wandered if there showing the episodes in order, or just random, and if it is definetly the US version?

Chris

RugbyTiger

Reaction score
I caught it this morning, and checked the evening showing to check it was the same episode (which it was). We started with 'Beginnings' so it looks as if we are going in order.

It is the American version of the show, which I think is probably for modern screenings - I think the Captian sequences would look terribly dated today, whereas Doc has always had a more timeless 'young at heart' quality. Along with the consistency of him appearing in all 96 episodes, I'm pretty happy with the decision. I just hope there isn't a flood of "Where's the Lighthouse?" responses that cause people to switch off.

I love that they are promoting it as a new show, and apart from the occasional dated music cue or outer-sapce fashion disasters it still feels super fresh! It was very thrilling knowing that a whole host of kids were seeing it for the first time.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Im glad you liked it. Doc is timeless and wonderful.

kbug67

Reaction score
I Hope that if the episodes that are been shown on Boomerang get enough viewers the Henson Company + Hit entertainmnet may think about releasing full season dvds!

PLEASE!

Rose

Reaction score
Just seeing it again on TV would be good enough for me.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Craig Shemin said that the reason that the North American version is shown is because it ran the longest and is made up of 96 episides where as the coproductions ran shorter.