Fraggle Rock Inconsistences

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Now I know you might not think Fraggle Rock would have Inconsistences but it sure does here are a few I will name.

1. In episode #05 The 30 Minute Work Week, Wembley goes to the Trashheap for advice on what job he should do and the Trasheap tells him mabye he could be a shoe salesman. But Fraggles don't wear shoes, and I really don't think Fraggles know what they even are!

2. In the invasion of the toe ticklers, when Gobo reads his postcard from Uncle Matt, at the end all the Fraggles are standing around him reading along with him saying "Love your Uncle Traveling Matt" Including Red. That seems impractical for Red to do that, cause I thought she hated Uncle Matt's cards.

3. In Doozer is As Doozer does, during the one brief scene in which the Fraggles are in that episode Wembley talks about getting everyone to leap stick and Red says "Wembley we did that all day yesterday" and Wembley says "yeah, but I'm just starting to get good at it" and Gobo says "which is more than I can say for you Red!" and Red says "very funny Gobo" meaning that Red must have not been good at it. Now Red was always the most Athletic and it seems like she'd definetley be good at something like that. It seems like mabye Red and Gobo's lines got mixed up in that episode.

4. In Red's Club Red tells Cotterpin they're gonna go to a Gorg's Garden to help the Gorgs. And Cotterpin says "What's a Gorg anyways" Now in an episode before that Cotterpin's father Flange goes to the Gorg's Garden with Mokey, and Flange finds out what a Gorg is.

Does anyone know of any others?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Most of the inconsistencies I find are within the songs.

I CAN DO IT ON MY OWN (FR3): "I can pop the popcorn, I can fill the pop machine" - Where in the Rock would we find one of those?

IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU (FR41): The whole first verse is posh - Red describes witnessing the other Fraggles putting Mokey in the cage, yet Mokey was already IN the cage by the time Red found her.

KEEP ON SMILIN' (FR58): The only place I can picture Gobo encountering a "mad rhinoceros" or grizzly bear would be either in the Gorgs' garden or the workshop (escaped zoo animals in the workshop! what a predicament Doc and Sprocket would be in!).

More to come as soon as I remember them ... :smirk: :excited:

P

Philo and Gunge

Gunge the Great and Glorious:
"And stars as bright as Mars."

How do the Fraggles and/or Gunge know about Mars?

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
Episode#6; In the song when he tells them not to eat the towers, convinsing john explains how one fraggle eating the doozer tower started to change at the end he said "by the time he was done he was a human being thourgh and through!" Now how could this be if they called them silly creatures? :smirk:

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Here's something else I don't understand from the 30 minute work week. "Get out that door explore explore, and bring back pink Ice Cream" How does Gobo know what Ice cream is? I mean Doc and Sprocket had Ice Cream in Red's Club, but that was later in the series and Gobo was no longer visiting Outerspace at that point anyways.
:smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Minor inconsistencies. I give credit to all Muppet writers for making Travelling Matt (and Sprocket) the only FR characters to interact with all non-FR Muppets until the end of the series/Robin discovers the Fraggle hole in MFC!

Foodie

Reaction score
Don_Music_2004 said:
Now I know you might not think Fraggle Rock would have Inconsistences but it sure does here are a few I will name.

1. In episode #05 The 30 Minute Work Week, Wembley goes to the Trashheap for advice on what job he should do and the Trasheap tells him mabye he could be a shoe salesman. But Fraggles don't wear shoes, and I really don't think Fraggles know what they even are!

2. In the invasion of the toe ticklers, when Gobo reads his postcard from Uncle Matt, at the end all the Fraggles are standing around him reading along with him saying "Love your Uncle Traveling Matt" Including Red. That seems impractical for Red to do that, cause I thought she hated Uncle Matt's cards.

3. In Doozer is As Doozer does, during the one brief scene in which the Fraggles are in that episode Wembley talks about getting everyone to leap stick and Red says "Wembley we did that all day yesterday" and Wembley says "yeah, but I'm just starting to get good at it" and Gobo says "which is more than I can say for you Red!" and Red says "very funny Gobo" meaning that Red must have not been good at it. Now Red was always the most Athletic and it seems like she'd definetley be good at something like that. It seems like mabye Red and Gobo's lines got mixed up in that episode.

4. In Red's Club Red tells Cotterpin they're gonna go to a Gorg's Garden to help the Gorgs. And Cotterpin says "What's a Gorg anyways" Now in an episode before that Cotterpin's father Flange goes to the Gorg's Garden with Mokey, and Flange finds out what a Gorg is.

The one that kinda bugs me is when in... one of the first 13 episodes... I can't recall which one, Gobo whistles but, then we learn that he couldn't whistle ( & then learned how ) in " Gobo's School For Explorers ". So... uhh.. there's one. :smirk:

Nick

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
What about the entire song "Catch a Tail by the Tiger"? How do Fraggles know about tigers, bulls, and hounds, especially when they think Sprocket is a monster? Uncle Matt had yet to discover those things. How did they have those figures of speech on top of that? And how did they know about and understand taxes? Do Fraggles even have taxes?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Foodie

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
What about the entire song "Catch a Tail by the Tiger"? How do Fraggles know about tigers, bulls, and hounds, especially when they think Sprocket is a monster? Uncle Matt had yet to discover those things. How did they have those figures of speech on top of that? And how did they know about and understand taxes? Do Fraggles even have taxes?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Yeah, I always wonder about that too. I just pretend that they don't pay attention to their lyrics... or the ditzies inspire their songs & they don't question the exact terms that come out of their mouths.. or something goofy like that.
:smirk:

Nick :smirk:

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Don_Music_2004 said:

There is one exception , Uncle Matt wears hikeing boots. Also Boober is often washing socks.