Fraggle Rock Inconsistences

TARDIS60

Reaction score
As far as fraggle songs go, the lyrics are very silly-creature-centric. At the top of my head is 'Follow the Road' from 'Manny's Land of Carpets,' containing the phrases "Ice cream cones with zippers" and "Dixie diamond flippers." Since the lyrics to the songs were written separately from the episodes, they don't necessarily fall in with the fraggles' worldview. Poetic license strikes again! Perhaps they're words the fraggles have heard and liked the sound of but not understood, or in some cases learned of from Traveling Matt, or perhaps even heard in stories like The Elder Clan Adventures.

In 'The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles,' in order to distract Sprocket and escape back to Fraggle Rock, Gobo points and says, "Hey look, there's Sandy Claws!" Uncle Matt doesn't write Gobo about his experience with a mall Santa until 'Manny's Land of Carpets,' in which Santa is referred to as the Wish-Granting Creature.

In MFC, when Robin and Kermit go down the fraggle hole and explain about Christmas, the Fraggles say they have a tradition very much like it and sing 'Pass it On,' from 'The Perfect Blue Rollie,' -- while it's not strictly a continuity error, I would have really liked it if instead of singing 'Pass it On' they'd explained about the Festival of the Bells, introduced two seasons earlier in 'The Bells of Fraggle Rock.' I've always loved the weeba beast and 'There's a Promise.' Oh well, it's just plain awesome the fraggles are there!

Uncle Matt is the only fraggle I've ever seen wearing socks, but there are socks being referenced throughout the series... in 'We Love You, Wembley,' Wembley is comissioned to be Boober's clothesline on the basis of the fact that you could hang a sock on Wembley's nose. Later, he's covered in socks. Doc dreams about a fraggle who gives him red-and-white striped socks in 'Boober's Dream.' I love those socks.

Kassi

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
<<1. In episode #05 The 30 Minute Work Week, Wembley goes to the Trashheap for advice on what job he should do and the Trasheap tells him mabye he could be a shoe salesman. But Fraggles don't wear shoes, and I really don't think Fraggles know what they even are!>>

That's in a lot of there songs, though...and we know they have shoes available, for Uncle Matt wears 'em. :cool:

<<2. In the invasion of the toe ticklers, when Gobo reads his postcard from Uncle Matt, at the end all the Fraggles are standing around him reading along with him saying "Love your Uncle Traveling Matt" Including Red. That seems impractical for Red to do that, cause I thought she hated Uncle Matt's cards.>>

Although she doesn't like 'em, there are those rare occassions where she happens to be in a good enough mood to actually find one interesting, enjoyable, or applicable. There's one episode where she actually says some'in' to the effect of, "Yeah, even I didn't find that one boring! :excited:" (could have been that same show, not sure).

<<3. In Doozer is As Doozer does, during the one brief scene in which the Fraggles are in that episode Wembley talks about getting everyone to leap stick and Red says "Wembley we did that all day yesterday" and Wembley says "yeah, but I'm just starting to get good at it" and Gobo says "which is more than I can say for you Red!" and Red says "very funny Gobo" meaning that Red must have not been good at it. Now Red was always the most Athletic and it seems like she'd definetley be good at something like that. It seems like mabye Red and Gobo's lines got mixed up in that episode.>>

Just cause Red was the most athletic doesn't mean she'd be the best at all athletics. ;-) I think it's more realistic that she's not the "perfect athlete"---just as it's more realistic she could be in a different enough mood to enjoy a postcard from time to time (more in-depth characterization).

<<4. In Red's Club Red tells Cotterpin they're gonna go to a Gorg's Garden to help the Gorgs. And Cotterpin says "What's a Gorg anyways" Now in an episode before that Cotterpin's father Flange goes to the Gorg's Garden with Mokey, and Flange finds out what a Gorg is.>>

Yes, but maybe Flange didn't want to terrify his daughter with tales of what a gorg was, so perhaps he 'n Wingnut thought it best to keep it from her.

-----------------------------------------

<<I CAN DO IT ON MY OWN (FR3): "I can pop the popcorn, I can fill the pop machine" - Where in the Rock would we find one of those???>>

You wouldn't, but she'd know what what is was via the Trash Heap or Uncle Matt.

<<IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU (FR41): The whole first verse is posh - Red describes witnessing the other Fraggles putting Mokey in the cage, yet Mokey was already IN the cage by the time Red found her.>>

Yes, but she was desperate to get the fraggles' attention, and had to resort to the most dramatic exaggeration of the situation to make 'em listen to her.

<<KEEP ON SMILIN' (FR58): The only place I can picture Gobo encountering a "mad rhinoceros" or grizzly bear would be either in the Gorgs' garden or the workshop (escaped zoo animals in the workshop! what a predicament Doc and Sprocket would be in!).>>

Like popcorn 'n popcorn machines, he prob'ly heard about 'em from Uncle Matt or the Trash Heap.

<<How do the Fraggles and/or Gunge know about Mars?>>

See above, lol.

<<Episode#6; In the song when he tells them not to eat the towers, convinsing john explains how one fraggle eating the doozer tower started to change at the end he said "by the time he was done he was a human being thourgh and through!" Now how could this be if they called them silly creatures?>>

He prob'ly just wanted to be more dramatic---like maybe "human beings" is a more "forbidden/curse-y" word for "silly creatures". lol

<< How does Gobo know what Ice cream is?>>

Uncle Matt or the Trash Heap.

<< I can't recall which one, Gobo whistles but, then we learn that he couldn't whistle ( & then learned how ) in " Gobo's School For Explorers ">>

Okay, Nick got me on that'un! Lol! :embarrassed:

<<What about the entire song "Catch a Tail by the Tiger"?>>

Two words: Trash Heap. lol :stick_out_tongue: If in fact he hasn't received any postcards from Uncle Matt yet (I can't remember)...

I love makin' sense outta stuff like 'is in shows! :big_grin:

Foodie

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
<< I can't recall which one, Gobo whistles but, then we learn that he couldn't whistle ( & then learned how ) in " Gobo's School For Explorers ">>

Okay, Nick got me on that'un! Lol! :embarrassed:

:big_grin:
Ha ha! I win!!!!!
:excited: :smirk:

Actually, & maybe I missed this rather obvious " inconsistency " being pointed out already, but where the heck did Wembley buy his banana tree shirts? Eh? Eh? Gobo's striped shirts seem a bit more... on the manufactured side too. Of course, the fraggles' sense of fashion is one of the main draws to the show for me. Heh heh. If Gobo wasn't such a stylish fraggle, I dunno if I would be the fraggle nut that I am now. :smirk:

Nick

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Maybe they got 'em from the Trash Heap? She has access to anything! Or maybe she made 'em for him...hey! Maybe Gobo's whistlin' in that one episode was a fluke? :stick_out_tongue:

Foodie

Reaction score
Maybe they got 'em from the Trash Heap? She has access to anything! Or maybe she made 'em for him...hey! Maybe Gobo's whistlin' in that one episode was a fluke? :stick_out_tongue:

You mean Gobo forgot that he didn't know how to whistle?

* pauses and reflects *

BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!!! :smirk:

Nick

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
I thing they put these things in the show too see if were paying attention when we were kids? :confused: You know just for the halibit. :big_grin:

Foodie

Reaction score
No, I mean maybe he accidentally whistled 'n didn't realize it. lol :stick_out_tongue:
Well... I guess I can give you that. Gobo on the other hand wants nothing to do with it! * whispers * I think he's a 'lil embarrassed that he's created such a continuity flaw.
:smirk: :smirk:

Nick

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Here are a few more I know of. In the episode Boobergorg Boober gets hit on the head and has Amnesia, when he is singing that song trying to remember who he is he says something about cooking little fraggles. When he goes to the Gorg's Garden and they tell him he has been turned into a Fraggle he asks "What's a Fraggle?"

In Born to Wander, before the Gorgs Garden was discovered it was said that they only had Doozer Sticks and Mushrooms. Now how could this be if it was made clear in The Great Radish Famine Doozer sticks are made out of Radishes.

In Sprocket's Big Adventure at the end Gobo tells Sprocket "The Trasheap told me why you were looking for me" but when Gobo was at the Garden he did not even go near The Trasheap at any time, so how could she have told him that??

Foodie

Reaction score
Don_Music_2004 said:
Here are a few more I know of. In the episode Boobergorg Boober gets hit on the head and has Amnesia, when he is singing that song trying to remember who he is he says something about cooking little fraggles. When he goes to the Gorg's Garden and they tell him he has been turned into a Fraggle he asks "What's a Fraggle?"

In Born to Wander, before the Gorgs Garden was discovered it was said that they only had Doozer Sticks and Mushrooms. Now how could this be if it was made clear in The Great Radish Famine Doozer sticks are made out of Radishes.

In Sprocket's Big Adventure at the end Gobo tells Sprocket "The Trasheap told me why you were looking for me" but when Gobo was at the Garden he did not even go near The Trasheap at any time, so how could she have told him that??
As far as the doozer sticks go, the Fraggles don't really know what the doozers make them out of so, they could've been and prolly were made of radishes even back during the mushroom era since I believe that the radish mines are under the gorgs' garden.

Nick
:smirk: