Fraggle Rock fanfic: Those Of The Black Snow

Redsonga

Reaction score
The arrival of a new creature in the lower caves was always a big event in fraggle rock. It was better and happier however when this new creature happened to be a fraggle that promised to be a new playmate for everyone, even if they did'nt know it themselves yet.

But this new fraggle was a bit different than all the rest. It was not her shaggy thick fur, such a light shade of sky blue it was nearly white, or the fact that she was four inches shorter than even Boober.

It happened to be, at that moment, what Red was a breath away from poking before Boober gave her a silent glare of doom from across the room.

"What are those things on her legs?" Wembley asked, the first to say out loud what they were all been thinking.

"I don't know, but they look like…" Gobo began.

"They look like the splint I had when I twisted my ankle, remember Mokey?" Red finshed, eyeing the strangers small light blue legs where they lay oddly straight upon the bed she had slept in for the last hour.

"Well, in a way, but they do go up pass the knee…" Mokey said, slipping a pair of earmuffs over the fraggles ears, that were already bured in a mess of forest green hair grown out to the tip of her muzzle, decorated in small segments with carved wooden beads.

"They look like they're made of leather and something hard and shiny, like that black box we found that time…What did Uncle Matt say the silly creatures called it? A Raid dee oh?" Gobo added, trying to be helpful.

Mokey sighed, putting another warm blanket on the bed and beganing to draw near to the strange leg things as if to untie them. " My it must have been so hard to travel with…"

"No one touch her anymore! Stop it!" Boober yelled all the way from his safe small ajoining cave on the other side of the room in a tone so high-strung it made everyone jump.

" Sheesh Boober, I don't get you sometimes…" Red begin, thumping up to the little fraggles' perch.

" First you carry her all the way here and refuse to have us help you even with these heavy things…"

Red picked up a large traveling bag and let it fall back to the ground, it's contants making a weak whimpering sound.

"And then you dig your way into a corner away from your sister and won't even let us do anything to help when she's hurt…"

Boober turned away from Red silently on his rock, pressing his forehead against the opposite wall with a jerk.

"You're definitely winning a trophy in first class weirdness today…"

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Poor, poor weird Boober. Hopefully some light can be shed in the next installment.

Pork

Reaction score
Aagh! *is confused*

Mlech! *wants to not be confused*

:big_grin: *likes it regardless of Aagh and Mlech*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*is also a little lost, but doesn't care, due to the quality of the story*

Redsonga

Reaction score
Gobo looked lost in thought for a moment before rubbing a hand though the dark pink hair beneath his cap.

"Maybe we shouldn't be so hard on him Red. Maybe..well, family is…"

"Boomer?"

The whole group turned in unison at the sound of the weak voice, Boober promptly falling off of his rock.

"Who's Boomer?" Wembley asked.

"Shh!" Red hissed, as Mokey moved to prop up the pillow under their guests head.

"Boom, I made it finally…" The fraggle raised her head, unseen eyes behind her long green hair scanning the area around the bed as Boober gave her a long glance from afar before going back to his rock. "… the walkers made..frozen time…"

"Hello!" Red shouted at the dazed form who had just now noticed she was surrounded on all sides by a curious group of faces.

"Are you feeling any better?" Mokey asked.

"Oh, hello…a little bit I suppose." The nearly full strength voice that made that reply was worn and somehow heavy sounding, as though beaten down by years of little use.

Gobo leaned upon the bed-frame in his best gentlemanly fashion.

"Hi, I'm Gobo, and this is Red, Wembley and Mokey and well…"

Red had returned to eyeing the odd leg things as Wembley waved and Mokey bowed her head a little in hello.
"…If you're looking for Boober I don't know how to say this but…"

"He's dead?"

Bimsy finished flatly, her voice fading away to such a distant serious edge it nearly knocked Red falling backward where she stood.

"No, no! Your brother is only suddenly acting like a world class dung beetle…"

"Is he now?"

Boober seemed to feel his sister's invisible prodding gaze even though the bodies of his friends were masking his hiding spot from view, turning his head toward the wall once more.

"Oh boy, I can see this family reunion is going to be a barrel of laughs." Red said with a sigh.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, my name is Bimsy."

The fraggle began, bowing her head a bit and bringing it back up quickly in a movement that made bends on the ends on her hair bounce against her nose.

"I hope my condition did not give you any unnecessary stress."

Wembley had been standing all this time, his large youthful eyes, unlike Red's trying to look at everything but the newcomers legs..and failing horrorably.

Finally, he seemed unable to contain the bubbling questions of a diehard wembler anymore.

"Um, Miss. Bimsy what is your condis…? I mean why are…? Do you…?"

The question he was finally about to form all the way was softer than a breeze upon the fraggle pond.

"Does it hurt?"

"The silly creature diagnosis is called polio,"

Bimsy answered so matter of factly that it was a if she had just been asked about the weather.

"…and yes it does... At least, too much to deserve a nice sounding name like that one…my kind calls it…"

She stopped short as she caught a sliver of the view of Boober sitting in his nock between the forms of the other fraggles.

"That is our kind called it..nix."

In his makeshift hole, Boober shivered head to toe in a silent shutter, making the pebbles around his feet clatter a light refrain.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Oooh...A fraggle with polio. But, poor poor Boober. :frown: I hope the vaccination can be used on Fraggles just as it can for us human Silly Creatures. If not, Boober reunion just might be a short-lived one. :cry:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Heh ... THAT explains the hypochondria... :big_grin:
At least, it starts to :coy:.

Oooh...A fraggle with polio. But, poor poor Boober. I hope the vaccination can be used on Fraggles just as it can for us human Silly Creatures. If not, Boober reunion just might be a short-lived one.
Well..it is a Boober story is all I will say....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a Boober story, but not even Boober deserves to have a family member possibly get k-k-k-klobered. :frown: