Fraggle Rock comics - round 2!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well the debut issue of the second run of Archaia's Fraggle Rock comics is out this week (as well as Issue #15 of Boom!'s Farscape). Had to read this one in the store due to my current situation - but like the other recent comics i fully plan to buy it for real when things (hopefully!) turn around. This collection is a welcome return and one of the best issues so far. Though i do have to comment of Cory Godbey's art in the last story - i've mentioned how (whether he's doing it purposefully or not), each time Roger Landidge draws Statler in The Muppet Show comics, he actually looks more like a Muppetized Richard Hunt. Well, by the same token, Godbey's Wembley looks more like a Fraggle version of Steve Whitmire! (And Convincing John seems to have gotten a perm)

bazingababe24

Reaction score
Does this one have Cantus on the cover? I saw the artwork on DA.:coy:

bazingababe24

Reaction score
I'm sorry. :embarrassed: I just joined, if that explains it.

Wembley does sorta look like Steve in that one story! Like in that BTS short from the '80s that was on the first-season DVD, where he had that bad perm.:coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno if this just sounds troubling to me or if I'm reading too much into this...

According to tough Pigs, issue 2 is coming out THIS WEEK? ! ? !

Now, keep in mind, last time TP got the scoop, the release date was incorrect, a week off. So I'm wondering if this will really be out next week or whatever. I'm just going to wait until Comic Previews has something pop up before I get too excited.

Sure, it sounds great that it's coming out a week after the first one, but to me it sounds like they're rushing to get these out before something or other. Plus, I'd rather wait the month and let the last issue sink in before I get excited for the next one. Sure, I miss getting 2 Muppet comics in a month, but those were 2 different comics written and illustrated by different people.

Slackbot

Reaction score
It's possible that the first issue was delayed and the second came out on time, thus putting them on the stands closer together.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a bit too early, just being Monday and all, but Archaia has already posted a preview of something it's releasing Wednesday, and lemme tell you, it ain't Fraggle Rock. It's only one thing though, and I can't imagine them putting out their weekly previews one comic a day, when all at once is so much easier. So I'll keep watching for you guys.

I can't imagine ANY comic book company putting out 2 issues in a 2 week period no matter how far delayed things are.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Well, Archaia.com now says the following:

IN STORES JAN. 26:
FRAGGLE ROCK VOL. 2 #2 (OF 3)
Two FRAGGLE ROCK issues two weeks in a row! Why? Because we know you can’t get enough! FRAGGLE ROCK Vol. 2 #2 is in stores this week. Preview after the jump!​

The Previews list for this week (posted yesterday on the Diamond Comics website) also has issue two scheduled for tomorrow.

Having these issues a week apart is really weird. "We know you love Fraggles" is hardly an explanation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is clearly unsettling, and it has a feeling of "We better get this out before the license runs out." I love this comic as much as the next guy, but I don't want to breeze through the series in less than a month, waiting months for something else to pop up. I feel the entire fanbase needs some time for the last issue to digest before they shoot it out last moment.

I know it's strange to want to actually wait longer between comics, but I'm sure everyone would agree the following week? There's something not Kosher about it.

I know these were done well in advance. Maybe it's because these were 2 or 3 months past when they planned on releasing them? And above all, now I gotta scramble to get 4 bucks tomorrow.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Well, despite Archaia's statement and the Diamond shipping list, my local comic shop didn't have issue #2 this morning (they did have #1 last week). I was there about 2 minutes after they opened, so I know they didn't sell out.

So—? Has the issue shown up elsewhere?