Fraggle Demo Theme: Take A Roll Down A Hole...

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Someone from MC was kind enough to send me the mp3 of this theme version and I'd just like to know more about it. All I know about it is that it is possibly the first original testing copy of the Opening Theme and it has the lyrics:
Take a roll down a hole and you know that you're soon gonna be there.

Take a skip -

Take a drip -

Take a slip -

And what do you see there?
Does anyone know anything else about this version that they can share?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it was the original theme of the show. Terry Angus' talked about it in his MC interview.

I remember the first thing I did was the original opening, which the public has never seen. The first one we did had a different set of lyrics. It didn't explain the show very well, so they got rid of it and re-shot the opening all over again. The original opening had a different set of lyrics, like, "Take a roll down a hole and you know that you're soon gonna be there. Take a skip, take a trip, take a flip, and what do you see there? Now you race to the place and a smile on your face that goes goofy. Fraggle Rock is the spot where the smile that you've got is whoopie… Dance your cares away" (and so on). At that time everything was zipping by so fast they didn't show how everything was connected. Finally, the final theme had us go through the window of Doc's workshop. Then down the tunnel and we see how everything connects to the Fraggles. We then brought up the Doozers, they're in there with the Fraggles, then Gobo goes down another tunnel and finds himself out by the Gorgs' garden.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/interviews/angus1.shtml

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Is this original test version in rotation on MC radio?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Erine81981

Reaction score
Do you have it to share with others? I would love a piece of FR history. Does anyone know anything else about this version that they can share?

Luke

Reaction score
I'd love to hear this too actually. Sounds cool !

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Was it all filmed? Did they cut it out? So is their the origanal version we can see?