Four Ball Foxtrot

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Maybe if you came back more often, you wouldn't miss out on thread updates. And maybe your awesomeness would live on through your own stories. But I'm glad you're back, this place definitely missed you.
*Leaves choc chip cookies, don't worry, :insatiable: has a stash of his own so he won't eat yours.

Yeah, yeah. Don't think I don't your tone, cause I hear it. :big_grin:

And yes, before you ask, this is the next story that I plan on reviving. And I missed you guys, hence why I came back. I don't care, I just...got accustomed to your virtual faces.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Yes....an actual update with an actual chapter!

III.

The next week

There was nothing like the excitement of putting on a live show, but coming off of one into a two week hiatus was even better. The Muppets had done their last show for the next two weeks, when they were hoping to return with bigger and better stunts, acts, and all around lunacy.

For Scooter, the start of the first week of freedom was the best; not because he wasn’t helping to put on a show, but because he had four days of bliss to spend with his girlfriend, in a remote cabin, all to themselves. He had taken Kermit up on his offer and decided to let the frog handle putting both trips – this week and next – into his calendar.

He was tempted to check, to make sure Kermit had actually put the trips in the calendar, but every time he went to do so, he felt bad and guilty. His boss may not have been the most joyful at getting in to technology, but he was trying and the fact that he and Piggy were usually on his case about it, the red head thought it only fair that he back off and let the director handle it.

Besides, Scooter had a ton of his own things to do.

Happy in the fact that he had a gorgeous cabin to bring his girlfriend to, Scooter began to put in motion foods that he would need to get to bring up there. The thought of having a romantic dinner while there was still on his mind and as he planned a pseudo shopping list, he kept that in mind; he also knew that they would need to pick up a few items for the cabin’s next occupants, so he went through a list of what he knew Piggy and Kermit would want.

There were definitely ups and downs to being the assistant in the middle of the power couple, especially when they were having a power couple struggle. The big break up between them, that culminated during a splitting of the group as a whole had been rough on the young assistant; he wasn’t sure he would ever tell Kermit and Piggy just how much he cared for them or how much he looked up and respected them, but it was certainly more feeling and emotion that a person should have for their boss.

Their breakup had been devastating for Scooter and it had taken him a long time to realize the reasons why it had been so hard and then more time for him to come to terms with those reasons. That was why he tried his best to make sure they were happy, because when the power couple was happy, the entire troupe was happy.

The first week off, Scooter was finishing up his plans for his romantic getaway, including looking up flights for the power couple and thinking about meals they would want. He wouldn’t be seeing Amanda until their vacation because she wanted to catch up on work before leaving, a proposal that Scooter himself was doing as well.

He knew that a couple of others were taking the two weeks off to rest and relax, but a good majority of them planned on getting together to go over some of their acts. Camilla and her group were doing a show in Denver that he knew Gonzo and Fozzie were tagging along for, while the Electric Mayhem and Rowlf were going to be playing a few gigs that week and over the weekend. Piggy was doing some of her own marketing and promotion for that week, so that she and Kermit could have the next week to themselves.

On Wednesday, Scooter started making a grocery list for both his weekend and the weekend that Kermit and Piggy would be having. He tried picking the most romantic and easily stored foods he could think of, just in case they wouldn’t be back for a while; he write down a couple of canned goods, fruit, and of course some champagne and wine.

That night, Amanda rushed over to his town home after work, enthusiastic at not only escaping for four days from work, but to be escaping with the Muppet she loved more than anything. She packed light, but also made sure to pack something very special for her one and only.

Knocking on the door, she heard his call to come in, and entered, watching as he walked by her, phone to his ear and delivered a kiss on his cheek.

“Yeah Gonzo,” he was saying. “You’re clear to go, but I’m telling you, this would make more sense if you waited until we all came back.”

He paused in conversation, turning his anticipation on the girl who stood in front of him. “Look, if I can get the frog on the same page, will you leave me alone?” he asked, causing Amanda to chuckle at his response. “No,” he said. “They’re out next weekend, so don’t you dare. I mean it, Gonzo; a happy Kermit and a happy Piggy makes life easier for everyone involved.”

Amanda half listened to the conversation, smirking when he rolled his eyes as he hung up. “Loose ends?” she asked, smiling at him.

“It usually is where Gonzo’s concerned,” he joked, pulling her into his arms. “Have everything?”

Nodding, the Whatnot replied with a wink, “Everything and then some.”

“Let me grab my bag and we’re out of here.”

[hr]

In the home of the power couple, packing was also being done, though probably without as much enthusiasm as one would think.

Standing in the double closet, Piggy tried to decide which set of clothes would make for the better appearance; while she had been aware that Kermit had wanted to plan a nice little getaway for the two of them, she had really expected that he would tell her at least a week in advance.

Yesterday, he had seemingly looked at his phone, called her, and stated that tomorrow he was taking her up for a romantic cabin getaway. She certainly wasn’t going to say no, but it didn’t mean she wasn’t a tad annoyed at the short notice.

“Darlin’, what are you doing?”

Turning her head slightly, the diva turned her gaze upon the very frog she had been thinking about. “I’m packing,” she huffed, turning back to the closet. “You know, for this mystery trip that you sprung on my yesterday. And why aren’t you packing?”

Opening his arms, he exclaimed, “Ta-da! I’m already packed.”

Once again turning back to look at him, she replied, “You know it’s going to be cold up there.”

“I’ve thought about that,” the frog replied, taking the steps necessary to reach her and before she knew it, he had thrown his thin arms around her middle. “And I’ve decided that’s where you come in.”

“Get off.”

“Me thinks the lady protests too much.”

He was right, of course; there few and far in between times in which Piggy didn’t enjoy having Kermit’s arms around her. And despite being little annoyed at the surprise trip, the diva had to remind herself that the thought had been for the two of them to spend time together, alone, and even a surprise trip was a trip she wanted.

“And just what exactly were your intentions on this trip, Frog?”

Smirking, he winked at her. “Why?” he asked. “What were your intentions?”

Shaking her head in mirth, the diva stated, “I planned on going on a scenic vacation.”

“Really?” he asked. “That’s…that’s what you thought we were going up there for?”

“There are people who would be shocked at how very roguish you can be.”

“I think that’s a compliment.”

Turning unexpectedly, Piggy draped her own arms around Kermit’s shoulders. “Where exactly are you absconding me to?” she asked.

“A little cabin,” he began. “Out of the way, fully stocked with food, surrounded by trees and a lake and…peace. And quiet. And just us.”

Kermit made sure to add the last part, least Piggy wasn’t aware that he had planned this vacation for just the two of them. He had been very meticulous when it came to making sure that this trip would work the way he wanted to; wanting to prove himself not only to her, but Scooter as well, Kermit had handled all the flight arrangements himself, enlisting the help of Walter to make sure that he had gotten the flights and destination correct. He had only asked for directions to Scooter’s cabin the day before, telling his assistant that he wanted to make he knew where he was going before they left.

The director knew he had a lot to make up for when it came to some of the mistakes that he had made before the reunion that brought him back his friends and his girlfriend; he had made decisions, said things that had driven a wedge between him and the people that he cared about.

And it didn’t matter how long it took, he was going to make amends. Starting now.

"Just us, huh?"

"You bet, sweet pea," he murmured, giving her a slight squeeze around the middle. "You wanted a vacation and the frog has provided."

"You can be useful when you need to be," she sighed, running a gloved hand down the side of his face.

"Apparently, I like you to the point of providing whatever you want, within reason."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay, I is happy with this update. And of corpse, we all can see the classic comedy miskew that's been thrown into the plot. It's a gap so obviously open wide you could drive a mactruck through it.
:batty: Someone's been taking notes in Scripted Plotholes 101.
*Clock opens up: If you're still taking classes at this hour, then you're cuckoo-cuckoo-cuckoo!

Thankses for posting, please, more?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just dropped in on this one because I saw that Countie had posted in it yesterday and found it sweet and enjoyable. Although I'm sure that there will be more togetherness than both couples planned for, I'm sure that years of living on the road and trying to carve out a social life will stand them in good stead and a good time will be had by all.

Unless, of course, they get into one of those horrible girls-against-boys arguments while there and end up drawing a chalk like down the middle of the cabin floor....

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Just dropped in on this one because I saw that Countie had posted in it yesterday and found it sweet and enjoyable. Although I'm sure that there will be more togetherness than both couples planned for, I'm sure that years of living on the road and trying to carve out a social life will stand them in good stead and a good time will be had by all.

Unless, of course, they get into one of those horrible girls-against-boys arguments while there and end up drawing a chalk like down the middle of the cabin floor....

First....why? Why was I not made aware of this? WHY??

And yes, there will be loads of togetherness; the original thought HAD been a girls vs boys thing with the chalk and everything, then as my mind is want to do, I changed it.

And a reminder, Aunt Ru, that is number...of ****, what number is this? Five? Five or four in a series I call the Pool Hall series. Hijinks and hilarity have all lead up to...more hijinks and hilarity.

And this time, there. will. be. debauchery.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The word you want isn't want but wont. She wants to do something, but she is wont to do something that is customary or habitual for her. Below is one of my favorite sites.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wont

Also, one meaning of debauchery is depravity or sinfulness. Do you mean that there is going to be lots of hugging and kissing and maneuvering to get close to a person of the opposite sex? That, I'm definitely in favor of. But if you mean they're going to start hacking each other with axes, then I'm not.

Language, though varied, becomes most artful when it is precise. I can tell you have a large vocabulary, and I know that--like me--you sometimes post in a hurry, but spell check will often catch things like this as well as broaden your verbal bag of tricks.

Good luck on future installments!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... The bit about there being debauchery in WMG's Pool Hall series or any of her fic seres... Well, as :smile: would say, "Sheesh, it's a running gag."

:news: And now we return you to your regularly scheduled story.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
The word you want isn't want but wont. She wants to do something, but she is wont to do something that is customary or habitual for her. Below is one of my favorite sites.
Well, I'm glad that my first response was the correct one (which was wont), but then I changed it thinking that was wrong.

Also, one meaning of debauchery is depravity or sinfulness. Do you mean that there is going to be lots of hugging and kissing and maneuvering to get close to a person of the opposite sex? That, I'm definitely in favor of. But if you mean they're going to start hacking each other with axes, then I'm not.
As the Count said, debauchery is a running gag, especially in this particular series. The reason it's funny is...there is never any debauchery. I usually add it to my "what's up next?" list, usually at the end, but there's never any of it.

Though I guess technically, there is hugging and kissing in this, but no. No debauchery.

*collective groan* Well...she kinda outed me, what was I supposed to do?

:concern:

Alright, alright, Three Ball will have debauchery.

:concern:: Really?

Technically. *thinks* Yeah, there's debauchery in that. So there you go.

And speaking of - what's next, Mistress of Mayhem?

Well, as you have all figured out, there's a bit of a mix up here. So be prepared for four people, two couples, and one cabin.

Hilarity will ensue.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hilarity will ensue?
:oops: That hilarity must have one good lawyer.
:embarrassed:: How come he gets all the good jokes?

Misskermie

Reaction score
Aw, I absolutely adored this chapter!

Especially that cute little remark about Kermit not packing anything...
But if he gets cold... :smile:

I have that feeling that something hilarious will happen though. :stick_out_tongue:
Like, really really hilarious.

More please!