Forget Me Not, Piggy

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
My computer has a lot of viruses which an make it a pain in the felt to write or go onto the internet. I'm hoping to get it cleaned soon. :stick_out_tongue: Anyways, I am so sorry for the long wait! Please accept this update and my humblest of apologies.

Chapter 3:
Working on a Hollywood set could be described, at least in some ways, like the movies filmed it to be. In every way an assault on the senses, the set appeared to Piggy a rainbow in motion. It was filled with lights and colors, movements and so many noises, all rather flabbergasting. She rushed in Prada heels with coffee for this certain actor or quickly scrawled messages to this or that writer. Very little did she or Kermit bump into each other and most often it was only enough to exchange smiles or breathless "Hellos". Over the course of the month that Piggy had worked at Henson Studios, she and Kermit had shared many moments of comfortable companionship, they never mentioned anything about the little messages each would find on their respective desks in the morning or even the more noticeable "gifts" they would treat each other. Later, Piggy would blame it all on the 'cheese' incident, another unspoken moment between them. The following morning had found her with a simple yellow rose on her desk and a note of Thank you ~K written in a flourish upon it. In the present moment helping Janice with her hair and makeup and a few bobby-pins in her prim mouth, Piggy still blushed at the memory.
"Ooh, like, that's the fifth time you've blushed this morning." Janice sang, her luxurious lips smiled smugly.
"Moi doesn't know what you're talking about. I have hot and cold flashes every once in a while, doesn't everyone?" Piggy ignored the singer's taunts and added another pin to her gold locks, her fingers moving effortlessly. She'd forgone skirts today and instead wore formfitting jeans and a beige blouse which showed just enough skin to be interesting. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun with hair coming loose effortlessly around her face. Beside Janice, Annie Sue snorted delicately.
"Yes, hot and cold flashes. Either you're sick, pregnant, or you've hit menopause. Pick your choice, sweetie." Piggy glared at the other pig, wishing for a sharp object to take to Annie's curls. See how confident you are without your precious ringlets. Instead she smiled saccharine at Annie. "Oh no, I'd much rather leave the choosing to you, though I'd offer one more addition to your choices." Annie looked up from her magazine coolly,
"And what would that be?" Piggy finished Janice's hair with a quick twist before grounding out, "To shut. Your. Trap. Sweetie." Turning on her heel, Piggy marched away, leaving Annie Sue's spluttering and Janice's laughter behind. Her march of indignant self-righteousness was cut short however by none other than Scooter, the go-fer of everything. "Oh, hiya Miss Piggy, you're just the lady I was looking for!" The youngster dodged under the arm of Sweetums as he passed by, carrying what looked to be a large glowing beach ball made of glass and Christmas lights. She wasn't sure what the heck that was supposed to be for, but didn't pay much attention to it. It was hard for anyone to remain sour when around the go-fer, his brightness was contagious and it was a disease worthy of catching. Piggy however noticed that his mood was dimmed lightly and is smile was wobbly. She frowned instantly and rested a hand on his shoulder in comfort. "What's wrong, Scooter? Is everything alright?" Scooter shuffled his feet and looked down briefly, his normally yellow skin turned a fascinating shade of pink on his cheeks."Well Miss Piggy...You're a girl right?" He looked up at her with wide eyes. Piggy looked back dumbfounded and a little amused.
"Well, the correct term would be woman, but yes, moi has been known as a girl her entire life. Last time I checked at least." Her eyes sparkled teasingly when Scooter stuttered in response.
"I'm sorry, that's not what I meant! I-I mean obviously you're a girl, I didn't mean you were a guy! Aw, geez what am I saying?" He hid behind his hands miserably. Piggy giggled before pulling his hands away gently and patting his hair soothingly, something she distantly remembered her mother doing when she was a wee piglet. Scooter, why don't you take a deep breath and start over?" She offered. The frazzled P.A. nodded and tried again.
"There's this girl, I bumped into recently. Well, knocked over completely would be a better description." His mouth twisted sardonically before he continued. "Anyways, we sort of hit it off and she gave me her number." Scooter finished his confession and Piggy clapped her hands together happily.
"Oh, Scooter that is wonderful! Moi is so happy for vous!" He looked at her and smiled slightly. "Yeah, it is. But the thing is, she gave me her number over a week ago and...well, I haven't called her back yet." Piggy's smile fell, "Why not? If you like her and she likes you then there should be no problem. Right?" Scooter grimaced, "It's just...what if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm weird or-or I don't know. I-I'm scared, Miss Piggy." Said diva felt her heart ache at the despondent tone Scooter had.
"Oh, Scooter. From moi's point of view, I think you should still call her. She gave you a number and that means something to a girl. Moi thinks that since vous haven't called her she's thinking that vous doesn't like her." Scooter looked up startled. "B-but I do like her and I want to see her again!" Piggy smiled, "Then call her and tell her. You'll regret it if you don't."
"You mean like living without regrets and I'll regret it forever if I don't?"
"No, Scooter," Piggy looked deeply into his eyes with a promising grin, "I'll kill you if you don't call her." Scooter gulped nervously and nodded. "You got it!" He sped off and Piggy laughed. "All in a day's work." She started to march off again, no destination in thought, though her work had been completed for the moment. At least until the next shot was needed.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"Is it true you turned down Julie Andrews for a part?"
"Will Frank Oz be returning to help with the film or has he completely quit the Muppets team and Henson Studios as it stands?"
"Our readers would like to know-"
Kermit sighed inwardly as more cameras flashed and even more questions were shot rapid fire. He avoided swallowing a mic that was shoved dangerously close to his face and made to duck for his office door again, but was blocked by an unsavory character.
"Are you afraid that the rather unsettling fact that your movies have flopped the last few years will reoccur with this new film?" Fleet Scribbler held out a recorder right under Kermit's mouth and grinned oily at the amphibian. The other reporters had fallen deathly silent. Kermit tried his best not to scowl at the appalling reporter. He did not hate easily, but Fleet was anything but easy.
"No, Fleet, we are not concerned. In fact we all have high hopes for this movie here at Henson Studios. As always, we are looking to make people happy, though not everyone is so easily appeased." He looked pointedly at Fleet before sliding past him to his door and managed to open it before another jibe could be tossed.
"You were close friends with Mr. Jim Henson, weren't you?" Fleet called casually, just before the door could shut. Kermit stood stalk still, his back turned to the reporters.
"I just wondered if you think he'd be proud of your work here at the studio. How you're...shall we say, continuing his legacy? His name?" Kermit's fingers gripped the door tightly, enough that his knuckles turned near white.
"I'm amazed you even know the word 'friend', Scribbler, seeing as you don't seem to have any." Kermit replied curtly, he didn't need to turn around to see that Scribbler was smug that he'd hit a nerve. Releasing a breath, Kermit faced the reporters as more cameras flashed. "Yes, Jim was a dear friend, not just to me but to many. It's my job and my honor to continue his dream, not just his legacy. I don't know if he would be proud, but I know he would be happy. And that is enough." He closed the door while many more questions were raised again and locked it before resting his back against the wood and sinking to the floor. That was enough, wasn't it?

Okay, not the happiest chapter and not much action between Kermit and Piggy, but this story is going to be angst, fluff, and a whole lot of other things before we're through! Next chapter is going to be so chalk full of ushy-gushy I might just squee the entire time. So sit back, relax and get buckled in because we've got a bumpy ride. :smile: Also I'm really sorry for the short hiatus, I had a new job, stupid computer, and college classes to sign up for. But it will get better. I promise and I won't be leaving you hanging. This story will be completed.
Love,
Figgie

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
*Shows face* H-hey guys? So yeah I'm working on the next update! My computer keeps crashing so it's a little difficult. But fear not! Before this day is through an update shall appear!

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
*Shows face* H-hey guys? So yeah I'm working on the next update! My computer keeps crashing so it's a little difficult. But fear not! Before this day is through an update shall appear!
I shall be watching. *Evil laughing*