Flippersteps in the Sand

Java

Reaction score
Now, doesn't it feel better to be out from under the rock?

Very enjoyable chapter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, how do I love this chapter... Let me count the ways!

The Benny Vandergast Memorial Theater... Yaey!
The legend of how the theater was destroyed in a fire and the phantom that roams inside... Great nod to Sadie's Stories.
The legends that bound in confusion... Seeing the phantom up on the roof and hearing him muttering something about "lasagna" on the third Wednesday in March... Great nods to Prawny.
And of course... Scooter! Finally! The bit with the keys was funny, not to mention no need of matching the other set of doors.

The theater's slowly but surely becoming the Muppets' Theater. You don't know how comforting that makes me feel. They're getting their home in order, one of those homes at least, the boarding house's still missing but that'll come in time I'm sure.

The ballat Midnight's Moon.
Very much like that name for the new club. The incident with Piggy and Kermit's former dates was amusing, on both fronts...
Good thing you dealt with Zaack and guess Kermit had not choice but to walk away from his own arguing date. So the pig and frog found each other again.
Loved how they were competing against each other on the dance floor instead of dancing with each other.
You get points for using "Rock Around The Clock" by Bill Hayley and The Comets.
The slow dance and conversation afterwards only add to the overall scene. Looking forward to Robin's arrival in town. And of course whenever we should happen to welcome a certain phantom into the fold.

Great stuff Lisa... More please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Reference McReferencer said:
It was an old, abandoned theater. It stood on Market Central Road, proud of its state of disrepair. According to the local legend, there had been a fire many years ago, destroying everything inside. Some said that the theater’s resident phantom had started that fateful blaze, in accordance to his vow that no one would ever succeed in that theater. Some said that on dark nights, they had seen the phantom on the theater’s roof. Once a man had claimed that on the third Wednesday of March, he had seen the phantom on the roof and heard him muttering something about lasagna. But no one believed that man.
*jumping up and down and pointing* SQUEE!!!!!!! PHANTOM ON THE THEATER'S ROOF! THIRD WEDNESDAY IN MARCH!!! OH SUPER SQUEE!!!!!

Super Squee: Yes?

Not the time S.S.

YOU!!!!!!!! said:
The kid came to a stop in front of them. “I’m Scooter,” he said. “My uncle, J. P. Grosse sent me here. He said he can’t come because he’s trying to buy a high school or something. But anyways-“ He opened his palms and revealed one key in each. “He said this is for Mr. Henson and this is for Mr. Kermit.” He jerked forward his right hand, and then his left. “Or wait no- this is for Mr. Henson and this is for Mr. Kermit.” He jerked forward his left hand, and then his right. “Well wait.” He looked at his left hand. “Maybe this one was for Mr. Kermit and that one was-“
Okay, first of all: SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTER!!! Second of all: HIGH SCHOOL OR SOMETHING!!! AH!!!!!!!!!! (((((HUGS))))) Third of all: Fun-ny stuff!

And I loved loved loved the dancing bit! Especcially the last line about not being able to tell the difference *snicker* Very funny, hokay?

And now a brief word from the Swedish Chef:

Chef: Ya ya ya! Sooda hip hip hoopity doo, OOSHY GOOSHY!

That is all.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Mmm...ushy gushy goodness! Great chapter Lisa, I think I can pretty much just echo what everyone else has to say. Love the references to Ryan's stories, love the ushy gushyness...love it ALL!

christyb

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Time to confess-

Yes. I am ushy-gushy.
Okay I haven't read the chapter...yet....but I wanna say....Welcome to the realm of the ushy gushy! It's about time you admitted it. :wink:

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, how I have waited for this day! <straps a party hat on ushy gushy girl>
Did ya hear that girl? Lisa's let her ushy gushy girl out of the closet!! You've got a new sister... who's finally willing to admit it! <much rejoicing from the ushy gushy girl>

<<<<<<BIIIIIIIIGGGG HUUUUUUUUUUUGGS!!!!!>>>>>>

Alright, so I knew she'd admit to it eventually... I had no idea it would be today!!! September the 6th... well, I guess it's sort of like an ushy gushy birthday, isn't it? Hmm... I should track down mine. Anyway, bravo, Lisa!!! And being a fellow, non-closet dwelling ushy gushy girl, you can well imagine my reaction to this loooooovely chapter.

SQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy sheer unadulterated joy>

And now that I've got that out of my system... reviewing!

My wonderful mentor said:
It was an old, abandoned theater. It stood on Market Central Road, proud of its state of disrepair. According to the local legend, there had been a fire many years ago, destroying everything inside. Some said that the theater’s resident phantom had started that fateful blaze, in accordance to his vow that no one would ever succeed in that theater. Some said that on dark nights, they had seen the phantom on the theater’s roof. Once a man had claimed that on the third Wednesday of March, he had seen the phantom on the roof and heard him muttering something about lasagna. But no one believed that man.
Oh my goodness... the theatre. Oh, this is so exciting! I can't wait to see all the marvelous things you're gonna be doing in this battered, burned, old building. Loved the reference to Prawnie's stories, and one of the absolutely funniest running gags flying around this place, of which there are plenty. I'm actually really touched by your description of the theatre, used up and all alone, and just waiting for someone to make something special of it... assuming it doesn't crumble to pieces first. <grin>

Kermit had heard the legends. He didn’t believe them.
See, and now you've got me all affectionate about Uncle Deadly!

“We’ve got a lot of work to do,” Jerry Nelson observed.
<giggles> It's really the kind of work that doesn't end.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Gonzo asked eagerly.

“The key,” Kermit said.
<grins> I love that entirely reasonable, pragmatic response from Kermit. So like him, and so unlike everyone else.

A redheaded yellowish kid with glasses was running towards them. “Mr. Jim Henson?” he called out. “Mr. Kermit the Frog?”

“That’s us,” Jim said as he and Kermit stepped forward.

The kid came to a stop in front of them. “I’m Scooter,” he said. “My uncle, J. P. Grosse sent me here. He said he can’t come because he’s trying to buy a high school or something. But anyways-“ He opened his palms and revealed one key in each. “He said this is for Mr. Henson and this is for Mr. Kermit.” He jerked forward his right hand, and then his left. “Or wait no- this is for Mr. Henson and this is for Mr. Kermit.” He jerked forward his left hand, and then his right. “Well wait.” He looked at his left hand. “Maybe this one was for Mr. Kermit and that one was-“
SQUEE!!! Oh, what a cute introduction to Scooter!! I love how young he is, and all the key swapping... and his determination to make sure things are done right, even if it doesn't matter.

“Oh for Pete’s sake!” Kermit scrunched up his face and switched keys with Jim.
You can tell Scooter's already a part of the family, or well on his way anyway, because of his marvelously efficient Kermit irritating skills. I still think it would be absolutely hilarious to have some sort of competition about who can frazzle him first... hmm... I might have to write something like that someday.
They smiled back, eyes suddenly alight with excitement and anticipation.

He looked at the door, tried to put the key in the lock, then forced the key into the lock, turned it, and opened the door.

The door crumbled.

Kermit found himself standing in a pile of rubble, holding the doorknob with the key still in the lock. “Um…”
<giggles> This is such a muppety moment! The big dramatic pause when it's all looking up... and then... something crashes or blows up or crumbles or someone gets eaten.

Jim playfully kicked at a pile of rubble. “No need to match the old doors,” he said.
Sigh, and there's the muppet optimism right there. No one better to deliver that line than Jim.

The door guys were installing doors. The carpet guys were installing carpet. The light guys were installing lights. The seat guys were installing seats. The curtain guys were installing curtains. The paint guys were painting.
<giggles> Loved that! Structural repetition is such fun. You've gotten my diction seal of approval.

From his vantage point at upstage center, Kermit looked around, satisfied that the theater was turning into their theater. Slowly but surely, The Benny Vandergast Memorial Theater was becoming The Muppet Theater.
Sigh... <heart melt>

And, as he thought smugly to himself, there was no ghost in sight. So perhaps he was right and the legends were wrong.
<giggles> And then you cut the treacle brilliantly. I take way too much pleasure in Kermit getting set up like that.

One drink, and one drink only, as Miss Piggy was reluctantly discovering. Although, perhaps she would not have thought so if she had sipped at anything stronger than a pristine glass of water. Clearly, her companion was perfectly comfortable. Was this his fourth glass of wine, or his fifth?
Oh my... dating a classy guy there, aren't ya Piggy.

Kermit had made it perfectly clear to her that he had a date. She had demanded a name, and he had given one, but she couldn’t remember it now. Still, she was not about to go to the grand opening of Midnight’s Moon alone, and not going at all was unthinkable.
<grins> I love her sense of social obbligation there as well as the whole set to happiness and bliss. It just ends up being a completely accidental perfect date... and for crying out loud, it's actually not one sided!

Oh, this makes me so happy!!!

So here she was, in a red dress made for dancing, sitting at the bar with a dark-haired, well-dressed man named Zack, who had not looked at her since he sat down at the bar. It was not the evening she had hoped for. At least the bartender was cute. Still, she couldn’t dance with the bartender.
<giggles> I like her frustration and thought process here.

“Zack?” she tried again. “Vous promised to dance with moi.” Nothing. “You could at least buy me a drink,” she grumbled.

He glared at her. “Shut up, pig,” he muttered.
Oh, Zack, have you any idea who you're talking to? Well, obviously not I suppose. What a creep! Just you wait til Piggy's career takes off!

She leaned menacingly close to him. “What did you say?”

“I said, shut up!” His hand snapped across her snout, tossing her back, but not hard enough to knock her off her stool.
<gasp> But she didn't even have a chance to hit him first!

She slowly turned to glare at him. “HI-YA!” A well-aimed karate chop knocked him off of his stool.
There we go! Get that jerk, Piggy!!

He stumbled, regained his balance, and leveled his furious eyes on her. “You-“ His hand swung at her again, but it was stopped by another hand.

“Don’t you know better than to hit a lady?” the voice that owned the hand scolded.

Zack turned to the voice and found himself looking at a short green figure. “What’s it to you?” he snarled.
KERMIT!! OH you sweet, wonderful brave darling frog, you! <sigh> And honestly... Piggy's so much more likely to be able to handle this guy, at least if it comes to something physical, but Kermit's got chivalry and courage enough to defend her all the same. I like that so much about him... and I know Piggy appreciates that!

The frog was unfazed. “Oh I was just saying that if you hit her again, you’ll be in a lot more trouble than you’re bargaining for.”
<ushy gushy girl swoons> Oops, out like a light... a light that is off. You've got quite a knack for that Lisa.

Miss Piggy allowed her anger to cool slightly before turning her critical eyes to the figure who had stopped Zack’s hand.
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. She's not overly thrilled with the frog anyway.

He was watching her apprehensively. “If you’re expecting a thank you, don’t,” she said. “One, I could have handled him. Two, now there’s no one to buy me a drink. And three, I thought vous had a date.”
I like his apprehension.

Kermit the Frog somewhat sheepishly slid onto the stool next to her. “I did,” he said. He gestured half-heartedly to a table below. “But we ran into her ex-boyfriend, and apparently she would rather argue with him than dance with me.”
Well, at least you didn't get hit, Kermit... and besides... wouldn't you MUCH rather spend some quality time with Piggy? (What, I've read ahead. Tell me he didn't enjoy the dancing with Piggy a lot more than he would have with the other girl? I dare ya!)

“She walked out on you,” Miss Piggy observed.

“Technically she didn’t do any walking,” Kermit teased. “I did that for her.”

“So you walked out on her,” she turned away in a light snub.
Wow... now THAT is a VERY interesting reaction out of Piggy. I'm 100% certain she's happy he's not merrily dancing with another woman right now... but Piggy clearly doesn't approve of Kermit walking out on people... interesting character development there.

“Well she kind of asked me to,” Kermit said.

She whirled around to face him, suddenly sympathetic- or at least pretending to be. “She kicked you out?”

“Well-“

“Oh, Kermie, you can’t let her treat you like that!”
<giggles> Ah, I LOVE the irony of that!

He scrunched up his face. “Well, what was I supposed to do? Stand there and listen to them argue?”

“No, silly, show her what she’s missing! Get a new dance partner and go tear up the floor!”
You know of course, that I am SQUEEin up and down the block over all of this, but I want you to know how much I appreciate the depth in this scene. Clearly, that's EXACTLY what Piggy does, or tries to do, when she gets snubbed... unless she hits them of course. But showing people that you're fine, that being snubbed doesn't bother you, that you aren't hurt, that they're the ones who lost out... very, very Piggy.

He propped his elbow up on the bar. “And just where might I find a new dance partner?” he said. “I suppose you wouldn’t be interested, since I already ruined your evening with that- whatever his name was.”
<grins> I LOVE that Kermit brought up that possibility first... not that I'm not sure it's running through Piggy's head as well.

“Zack,” she said. “But if you buy me a drink, I’ll dance with you, and you can show that girl what she’s missing. Deal?” She spoke and acted as calmly as if she were discussing the price of cream cheese.
<giggles> Oh, how I love seeing it all couched as almost a business exchange. Piggy doing that non-chalant thing right to the hilt.

“I guess,” Kermit said. “But she’ll probably be leaving soon, anyways.”

“Well then, we’ll dance first.” Miss Piggy gracefully stood up, and Kermit followed suit. He took her hand and led her down the stairs to the dance floor.
<happy sigh> I love her being graceful, and him leading her... lovely...

Miss Piggy had to admit she was excited, but she was also nervous. She had never danced with Kermit before, or even seen him dance.
Oooh! The very first time! <bounces>

She hoped he was good, because she was not about to make a fool of herself. But if he was wondering the same thing about her, he had the harder position. He had to guess how to lead.

He was, in fact, wondering that exactly, and hoping he wasn’t about to get his flippers smashed. What kind of dancer was she? He decided he would start simple, and proceed to more advanced moves until he got hurt.
Oh, I can't say how squeey all this makes me! I love them wondering about each other's dancing skills, and worrying that they're each total lummoxes when it comes to dancing. I love Kermit's having to decide how to lead. Oh, I'm trying not to be immersed in a total gush fest here... but you don't' make it easy, Lisa!

They took their places in the center of the floor as the next song began. “One two three o’clock, four o’clock rock. Five six seven o’clock, eight o’clock rock. Nine ten eleven o’clock, twelve o’clock rock we’re gonna rock, around, the clock tonight…”
Hah! Good song choice! <giggles>

The most basic of steps was vaguely entertaining to Miss Piggy, if it was the best her partner could do. But judging by the proficiency with which Kermit executed the steps, he could do a lot better. In fact, he was bored. She met his eyes and, still following his lead, did a more complicated form of the same step.
Oh, I love the way she sizes him up, decides he can do better, sees that he's bored... I love that perception she has where he's concerned, already, still so early in their relationship. I love that she doesn't break from his lead, but still manages to challenge him.

It was a direct challenge. Without saying a word, she had declared herself the better dancer.

Yeah, right, he thought. He accepted the challenge.
Sigh... people wonder why I think they're so good together, what with all the conflict, but honestly... they both care about each other so much, when it comes down to it, and they're so good a pushing each other. Sure, Piggy pushes his buttons, but goodness knows Kermit is perfectly capable of pushing back.

They transformed from dance partners to dance competitors. They dominated the floor with spins, twists, twirls, and increasingly difficult steps. Each time he introduced a harder step, she perfected it, and the look in her eye asked, Is that all you’ve got?
Oooh! Love that transformation "from dance partners to dance competitors." And Love Love Love, how you tie that together at the end... but I'll get to that later.

You wish it was, his eyes answered. But in reality, he was running out of skill to match with hers, and she was wondering if he would in fact dance beyond her ability.
Oh, gosh, they're so evenly matched... oh, I love this!

At last, she thought, A dance partner who can actually dance.

Finally, he thought, Someone who can actually be a challenge to dance with.

The competition had reached a stalemate, but they both refused to give up. They danced aggressively at the highest skill they could imitate, each determined to show the other who was the better dancer.
<grins> I really love the whole competitive aspect of this... partly because I like it in their relationship too. I think it's positively brilliant how you've got this almost metaphorical dance going on with them... I'm probably reading way too much into this, but oh, it's so much a part of what their relationship is going to be over the coming years.

As the song spun to an end, Kermit took a risk and flung the pig into a dip. She felt herself fall a little too far, and gasped, but he grabbed her close at the last second- a little closer than he had intended, and she noticed. They could both feel something change. But no one on the floor noticed that the dip had almost been fumbled.
Ooohhhhh... they both felt something change! <is soo melty and giddy>

He caught her gaze and tried to fight off the trance that was starting to overwhelm him. “Um- did you want me to buy you that drink now?”

She stared at him, entranced. “What drink?” she whispered.
<squeee!!!> I will never, never get tired of seeing Kermit have actual reciprocal feelings for Piggy. Never. He may not WANT to have them.... but he does, and boy, does it get to me. Oh, and I LOVE and ADORE and HUG Piggy's "What drink?" All that cool bargaining just went sailing out the window!

He gulped, surrendered to her mesmerizing eyes. Then they were holding hands, her arm was around his neck, his hand was on her waist, and they were slow dancing. Simple steps sufficed them now. They obliviously pulled closer to each other.
Ooh, lovely... Love his surrendering, love her mesmerizing eyes, love them obliviously pulling closer to each other.

She resisted one temptation by surrendering to another- she put her head on his shoulder instead of kissing him.
<ushy gushy girl regains consciousness and runs around in circles until she falls down.>

Her silky gold curls brushed his collar first. He straightened up some more as tingles ran over his spine. Then her cheek touched, and he caught his breath as the scent of her skin conquered that of her perfume. Irresistible… He lightly pressed his face into her hair, letting her scent overwhelm him.
AHHHH!!!! The perfume thing again!!! WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Love your descriptions of the way her touch feels to him, love the "irresistable...", love the language and the tingles, oh! (Hey, I made it THIS far without falling to pieces... that's pretty good. Look what she's throwing at me!)

They pulled each other unbelievably close. It was a slice of paradise. Neither of them wanted the feeling to end, but the song was drawing to a close. By some silent, unwritten rule, they were certain to spend the rest of the night together on the dance floor, embraced in the magic of each song.
Mmmmmm.... <gurgles happily and slides to the floor> Gorgeous.

But it was not to be so. Kermit gave her a small squeeze. “Piggy?” he murmured.

“Mm?”

“I… I can’t stay out late tonight,” he said.

She tilted her head to look at him without losing the pillow of his shoulder. “No?” she whispered sadly.
Oh! <heart breaks> Oh, he's gotta go... but it's so perfect, and he's happy too and awww.... <pouts> Love the "pillow of his shoulder".

“Well, I- I’m going back to the swamp tomorrow,” he quietly explained. “You see I promised my little nephew Robin that he could come in town- he visits sometimes. So I have to go pick him up from the swamp. The train leaves early tomorrow morning, so… I’d like to get to bed early.”
Well, since it's Robin... and it IS important... sigh...

She listened with mournful eyes. “So you’re going home now?” she whispered.

“Oh I’m not going home for a while,” he said with a smile. “I just thought you should know that I can’t stay out all night.”
Oh! That's so sweet!!!! Love her listening with mournful eyes... and Kermit's smile, and him wanting to stay for a while!!

He tucked his face close to hers and let their cheeks brush. Then a new song began, he spun her away and back, and they relished a faster tempo. This time, they danced with each other instead of against each other- not that anyone else could tell the difference.
SQUEEE!!! Okay, boy have I been waiting for this! Oh, Lisa!! Keeping in mind it's really really late and I'm half out of my mind, you've gotta know how touching and wonderful I found this! Wow... I just can't help but see so much of their relationship in this dance... the challenges, the tenderness, the playfulness. Dancing WITH each other, instead of AGAINST each other... and what a difference that makes! They can really take chunks out of each other when they're fighting, but when they're working together, when they're really in sync, well, what a team they make... and <grins> no one else can tell the difference!!! <giggles> Not everyone can see, or wants to see all of the underlying stuff... that they still love each other so very much, even when the fur is flying, so to speak... that the competitiveness between them is all a part of the spark, the fire in their relationship.

Sigh... I'm not sure I'm really making my point here... which is a pity, but, on the other hand... Lisa's made the point for me and far more succinctly than I could.

Bed time for me! Thanks Lisa, thanks so very much!

Hugs, Leyla,
the hopelessly ushy gushy.

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Once a man had claimed that on the third Wednesday of March, he had seen the phantom on the roof and heard him muttering something about lasagna. But no one believed that man.
What can I comment on that the others havnt caught? Oh...I'm sure I can find something...

I love this line: "But no one believed that man." - It made me giggle. I like to have an occasional giggle.

No one remembered who Benny Vandergast was, or why a theater had been named for him. Some thought Benny Vandergast might be the phantom, but no one was sure why a phantom wouldn’t want a theater to succeed when it had been named for him.
And there's another one. Ok, I have GOT to point out how Muppety this writing is here, all this elaborate confusing twisty ranbling discription that no one knows who the heck the ghost who may or may not exist is..

And I love that you decided to write the theatre entrance from the Phantom perspective, rather than a totally discriptive POV.

I like. Great decision.

I also like: Kermit had heard the legends. He didn’t believe them.

Nice, neat, short sentence.

Another good line: “Baw…” Camilla breathed.

Exactly! That sums it all up Camilla.

“Cool!”

“Uh oh.”

“Oh, brother…”

“Now that’s what I call a shattering entrance.”
Gonzo. Random Human. Fozzie. ROWLF!

Scooter followed behind the group. “Hey guys?” he called. “Uh, Mr. Henson? Mr. Kermit? Wait! There’s more keys…”
How very...Scooterish.

*chuckles at this: The light guys were installing lights.* Just becuase I am wondering how long those lights are going to last.

It was the grand opening of Midnight’s Moon
THE LINE!!!!! THE LOCATION! THE LINE! TOGA! IT'S THE LINE!!! THEEEEE LINEEEEE!

Music floated through the air. “I’ve gotten used to hearing you say, ‘good morning’ every day…”
Nice song choice...one of my favorites...athough I would have liked "The first time it happens..." But I suppose that was written for GMC. Also, is this scene supposed to parallel the GMC dance? Becuase in some ways, it does. The out doing of the dancing (athough here Pig and Frog stay linked for it all), and also the head on shoulder thing.

Bea:zany:{Zack the[Yeah, I know it wasn't a references]dog}regard

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
THE LINE!!!!! THE LOCATION! THE LINE! TOGA! IT'S THE LINE!!! THEEEEE LINEEEEE!
Gee Bo...could that be "the line?" *innocent look*

:big_grin:

-Kim

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
Okay, now I'm happy.
Hi happy, I'm Insane A. Sylum... Really, though, I told you this stuff was coming! Thrilled that you like it so.

Java said:
Now, doesn't it feel better to be out from under the rock?
I like my rock. The closet was getting stuffy, though.

The Count said:
The legend of how the theater was destroyed in a fire and the phantom that roams inside... Great nod to Sadie's Stories.
Ah, Ed, thank you so much for catching the reference that... wasn't there. <Blush> To be perfectly honest, I really wasn't thinking of it at all... More than one person has (attempted to) set flame to that theater, after all. But over all, thank you ever so muchly for the lovely review, I'm so glad you enjoyed, and as I'm sure you would have expected... I also look forward to Robin's arrival.

theprawncracker said:
And I loved loved loved the dancing bit! Especcially the last line about not being able to tell the difference *snicker* Very funny, hokay?

And now a brief word from the Swedish Chef:
Now just what do you think you're doing with my roomie? ...Kidding, kidding... Glad you liked it.

redBoobergurl said:
Mmm...ushy gushy goodness! Great chapter Lisa, I think I can pretty much just echo what everyone else has to say. Love the references to Ryan's stories, love the ushy gushyness...love it ALL!
YAAAAAY!

christyb said:
Okay I haven't read the chapter...yet....but I wanna say....Welcome to the realm of the ushy gushy! It's about time you admitted it.
Thanks for the welcome! Now read the chapter. Better yet, write one of your own. ...Fine, I won't nag you right after entering Ushy Gushy Land...

Leyla said:
Oh, how I have waited for this day! <straps a party hat on ushy gushy girl>
Did ya hear that girl? Lisa's let her ushy gushy girl out of the closet!! You've got a new sister... who's finally willing to admit it! <much rejoicing from the ushy gushy girl>

<<<<<<BIIIIIIIIGGGG HUUUUUUUUUUUGGS!!!!!>>>>>>

Alright, so I knew she'd admit to it eventually... I had no idea it would be today!!! September the 6th... well, I guess it's sort of like an ushy gushy birthday, isn't it? Hmm... I should track down mine. Anyway, bravo, Lisa!!! And being a fellow, non-closet dwelling ushy gushy girl, you can well imagine my reaction to this loooooovely chapter.
Yup. I can. But even if I couldn't, I'd be able to now. Have I ever mentioned to you how much I LOVE your reviews? (Even if it takes you forever and a day...?)Hugs back to you, Leyla. Thanks for handing that lock pick to the Ushy-gushy-girl. You think I didn't know about that?

Beauregard said:
Ok, I have GOT to point out how Muppety this writing is here, all this elaborate confusing twisty ranbling discription that no one knows who the heck the ghost who may or may not exist is..
Danke sehr! I was thinking a little too much and got to thinking that it reminded me of what my last year's English teacher complained about with the Romantic writing style, that it was pages and pages of description with absolutely no plot... and I thought to myself, that's not what this is, though, this is funny. But I kinda wanted to hear it from someone other than VIM. So thank you! So glad you agree with Camilla, and the lights won't last long I'm sure... And yes, "The First Time it Happens" would have been appropriate, if it had been written yet, and either I had that in mind when I wrote it, or they'll have this in mind when they film it... don't remember which anymore. The scene itself wasn't meant to be parallel, but Midnight's Moon was definitely based on the Dubonnet Club. Different architecture, but...

Skeeter Muppet said:
Gee Bo...could that be "the line?" *innocent look*
<Giggles> Maybe that's "the line." Good to see you here!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how soon I'll have more up. I got a whole bunch typed up on my calculator yesterday... and this morning I accidently deleted all of it. <Sigh.> So we'll see.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Two things...

Where are you?

And, nag nag nag <poke>