Five Years, and Still Snowthing: A Retrospective

Redsonga

Reaction score
At least you're not living off the government for no reason, I mean you have a real disability, not like some of those schmucks who have 18 kids JUST to live off Uncle Sam. But that's neither here nor there.

Daniel
It is true :smile:. And many times having a disability is hard and downright scary so I really don't think that it is one of those no effort things...I can't really explain it but the good days are very good, and the bad days are very bad :\. I am very lucky though mine is only mild to medium and I'm not in a wheelchair or anything, and the economy is so bad right now that if I didn't get help I would not be able to live by myself even if I worked at a normal job where I live...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dunno, I've been a member of one online forum for...11 years now?
Wow, thats amazing. Generally I post for maybe a month and then vanish...go poof. I dont know what makes MC differrent. I've been here for 2 years (ok...so maybe a bit on and off) but even when I left I always came back. Its got this magnetic pull or something :stick_out_tongue:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wow, thats amazing. Generally I post for maybe a month and then vanish...go poof. I dont know what makes MC differrent. I've been here for 2 years (ok...so maybe a bit on and off) but even when I left I always came back. Its got this magnetic pull or something :stick_out_tongue:
I've done that before, but here, it began by posting a parody of mine, then became some sort of crazy obsession. This site is attractive, but I'm not gonna marry it(I'm WAY out of it's league lol)

Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think because of how friendly it is. In reality, theres only a small group of people you see practuically every day that come here, even though theres thousands of members. Many other forums I've "tried out", I found the members to be really rude or have thier own little cliques. Some forums will downright ignore you if you joined after a certain date

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Many other forums I've "tried out", I found the members to be really rude or have thier own little cliques.
Well, MC's got its share of cliques, like Prawnie, Toga, and Layla's little clique, or the whole MopFam... I don't think T*K*O ever had a chance to become its own clique because it mainly had members from these other cliques, lol.

But I agree, with the exception of two others, most other forums I've been to are like Nazi camps; I'm sure just about all of them consider me to be the "village idiot". Even Colin Mochrie's forum became one of those, and I was HOPING it'd be a friendlier forum, but nope. Everybody's there's so touchy and overly sensitive about everything, no matter what I say, everybody's offended.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
when I say cliques, I mean people who will gang up on you if you do something wrong or a group of people that dont welcome other peoples opinions, ect.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
when I say cliques, I mean people who will gang up on you if you do something wrong or a group of people that dont welcome other peoples opinions, ect.
Well, that's not exactly what cliques are, but okay. Been there, done that. Like I said, it's that same story at most other places I've been to; in the past, some of those same people have even come over here to try to get people to gang up on me here as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well cliques do sometimes gang up on people not in the group and be bias that way. Not always but I've seen it often enough in life.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
*nudge*

Hullo everyone! Yes, I have actually escaped from the bottom of the pile of work to come here and congratulate our king of kings, our champion of champions, our Snowth of Snowths. :wink:

Yes, our good friend Snowth has actually been here for five years, and they truly have been spectacular. I remember the first time I was here at MC, just strolling in (was looking for some Sesame dolls at the time, if I remember correctly) and seeing his traditional pink "Do-do-do-do" avatar with the two Snowths dancing about jocularly. Lol, I even remember private messaging him about what T*K*O was and how the name bore similarity to that of M*A*S*H. I remember then becoming all excited about it, and how neat it was, and how I grew to love it all.

That is only but one of the numerous wonderful memories I share with ya, pal. I wanted to thank you so much for being yourself, for being a great friend, for being Steve, for being an all-around wonderful person. Thanks man. :crazy: