First appearances?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Gonzo first appeared on The Great Santa Claus Switch, and I'm pretty sure Kermit first appeared on Sam and Friends(please tell me if I'm wrong). What did the following characters first appear on?-

Miss Piggy
Rowlf
Fozzie
The Electric Mayhems(spelling?)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Electric Mayhem debuted in Sex and Viloence (released on TMS season 1)

BEAR

Reaction score
Rowlf used to be on the Jimmy Dean show (right?) before The Muppet Show ever started. And yes, Kermit was on Sam & Friends and then Sesame Street before hosting The Muppet Show.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wasnt Rowlf :sympathy: going to be a Sesame Street Muppet at 1st after the JDS?

unclematt

Reaction score
I do remember Rowlf in one Sesame Street skit ehre his head was in a cicle and the number were areound his head and he counted. I think that is the only Sesame Street skit Rowlf was ever in.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Miss Piggy
Piggy was first seen in a Muppet apperance on "Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass" in 1974. At the time, she was performed by Jerry Nelson. In 1975 she was seen again in "The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence" performed by Fran Brill. In 1976, Frank Oz and Richard Hunt tag-teamed the role throughout the first season of "The Muppet Show". Frank took over and continued her throught the Muppet Show and films untill 2002 (Frank's last Piggy role was a guest spot on "The Today Show" in 2002). Eric Jacobson transitioned into the role in 2001 (with his first apperance of Piggy at "MuppetFest" in 2001)

Rowlf
Rowlf was built in 1962 for several Purina Dog Chow commercials. Rowlf rose to stardom as Jimmy Dean's sidekick on "The Jimmy Dean Show". Rowlf continued to be star on variety shows, appearing on "Our Place" and several episodes of "The Mike Douglas Show". In 1976, Rowlf joined the cast of "The Muppet Show". Rowlf was performed by Jim Henson up until 1990 when Henson died. Bill Barretta took over the role starting in 1996 in "Muppets Tonight" and continues the character today.

Fozzie
Fozzie first appearance was on "The Muppet Show" in 1976. Frank Oz performed the character and continued the role until 2002. In 2002 Eric Jacobson took over the role of Fozzie.

The Electric Mayhem
The Electric Mayhem band first appeared in 1975 in "The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence". The band consisted of Dr. Teeth (Jim Henson), Floyd (Jerry Nelson), Janice (Richard Hunt), Zoot (Dave Goelz) and Animal (Frank Oz). Lips (Steve Whitmire) joined the band in the fifth season of "The Muppet Show" in 1980 and lasted until "The Muppets Christmas Carol" in 1992.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I thought that the Electric Mayhem first appeared in one of the Julie Andrews specials, but I may be in-correct. :sing::big_grin:

unclematt

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I do remember Rowlf in one Sesame Street skit ehre his head was in a cicle and the number were areound his head and he counted. I think that is the only Sesame Street skit Rowlf was ever in.
Does anyone else remember this skit?

superboober

Reaction score
Absolutely. In fact, it was the Baker sketch I remember the most. Rowlf was in the third nine piece, surrounded by 9 nights.