Finally: My Pepe figure pictures!

beaker

Reaction score
Well folks, finally at about 3am I finished up my Pepe figure!
Let me know what you think, an dI hope I can inspire other people to make their own custom figures!

Here is the front view:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xlogik90...ik909/lst?&.dir=/muppet+stuff&.src=ph&.view=t

and the side view:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/xlogik909

I wish the scan was better, as he actually has little orange fur on his head and neck, has the hooded sweater, and that porous technique on his fur for texture.

I hope this doesnt get relocated to On the Web as I really want you guys to see this.

I know, where do I find the time?(making figures, comics, poster parody graphics, zines, music, etc) hehe

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey Cory, those are pretty sweet! I especially like the Mahna Mahna and Snowths!

uncleduke

Reaction score
There is also a nifty Matrix take off with Honeydew and Beaker.

All good stuff, you have every right to be proud of your work. Very nice

Luke

Reaction score
Well done Corey, great stuff !!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kool with a capital "Q"!!! Was one of those made out of the Monsters Inc. Happy Meal toys? The desk looks like Celia's only repainted. I like that color better! Great Manah Manah and Snowths, too!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Kool with a capital "Q"!!! Was one of those made out of the Monsters Inc. Happy Meal toys? The desk looks like Celia's only repainted. I like that color better! Great Manah Manah and Snowths, too!<<<

Thanx! good eye! Yes, both the newsman's desk and
Behemoth's feet(sully's feet) are from Monsters Inc. As you can see its pretty hard to make 3"-5" hard figurines, but Im trying to get better at it. The Newsman didnt turn out at all on purpose(I was trying to have a clay cow smooshed on his face, but it didnt turn out right) I Really wish I could figure out how to make professional resin sculpts and ball joints, etc. The Monsters Inc and some other Disney stuff is perfect sometimes for spare parts.

Really, I think my best custom Muppet figurines have been the birthday customs I made for people, as I seemed to put more time on those(scred, MT nigel, etc)

But fully articulated non crappy looking plastic as possible Muppet customs are my goal one of these days! And yeah, they are all super sculpey and acrulic paints. (Pepe looks so much better than the scan, but you get the idea...I want a PEpe figure or keychain or something made soon!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tried making Cuckoo Man from the Mighty Heroes out of clay, but the whole thing fell apart. And I didn't get to pAINT IT!! I have the worst luck with stuff like that!

I wish I could make new toys out of old ones, though. I wanted to make a "Red Scare" figure out of an old Tick figure, but I couldn't figure out how.

I once made the two robots from sonic the Hegehog (the stupid one with the wonky animation) out of wax, but they got too soft and collected dust. The Chicken got all broken, too.