Fic: Muppets from Earth

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, not those Billies. Someone Gonzo and Camilla are much more likely to be aware of.

Be forewarned, this isn't the only TMS we're going to "see." However, I'm not going to go into anywhere near as much detail in the future. We saw enough of this one to get the idea. However, some acts will change, heh heh.

I still wonder what kind of Daddy Gonzo will be. If Billie decides to take him as her role model, she'd better be as tough as he is. I hope his genes are dominant.

Next chapter is in the works. I've been looking forward to it, as I think it's about time to bring the puppeteer back and start answering some questions.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Great job with the update! All the acts in the show were good ( I could definitely picture them as I was reading the chapter). The birth of Billie was adorable and I love how you portray Piggy's apprehensiveness to go over and look at the new little addition to the Muppet family. It was a great way to show her mixed emotions-somewhat happy for Gonzo and Camilla but very sad and depressed at not having to chance to be a mom or a wife yet. Definitely getting better and better each time with your character accuracy and the overall flow of the story.

Great work and I can't wait to read more! Not sure where the story is going to turn to next, but I'm definitely looking forward to it! :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm glad you liked the story! (I do repeat myself, don't I?) :smile:

I'm glad the bit with Piggy is getting across the way I intended it to. She's been tricky to write, as her character is more subtle than you expect at first. And from the way she's been written for the past 10 years, I'm not the only one who's had problems with her. I'm so tired of seeing her portrayed as an arrogant, abrasive lady dog. Er, sorry, Rowlf.

...Oops, did I go off on a rant?

Heh. Piggy only recently came into full focus for me. When I write, I like to crawl around inside the characters' heads. Method writing, which is like method acting, but on paper. Er, electrons. Anyway, when I feel like I can think as that character, I can write competently for them. Certain characters are hard--there's not a lot of data on Dr. Teeth!

For those who are interested, I did a quick pic of Billie and posted it to my DA account. I'm not completely satisfied with the colors; I'll tighten up details and post a better pic when I get off these cold meds.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Muppetfan44: Thanks! Will Bean Bunny see her as competition, or will he decide to mentor her in the art of adorableness?

WhiteRabbit: I'll check out your story. My backstory for Dr. Teeth is based on something mentioned in Before You Leap. Kermit wrote that Teeth was originally a concert musician, but changed careers because you just can't rock out to tunes hundreds of years old. I liked that notion: that he's classically trained, and decided to change his persona because he enjoyed more energetic music. As I come from a family of concert musicians--my father plays oboe & English horn with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra--I can appreciate that!

On a random note, a friend recently gave me some Spike Jones DVDs. Fozzie would love those old shows, I think.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Now that Billie's been hatched, I wonder what Brian the Sandwich and the rest of Gonzo's alien brothers/sisters think of this cause you know they had to be watching everything that's been going on, just like us readers.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The Alien Gonzos are not omniscient. Billie's existence has been kept out of the media, and they only know what they can get from the broadcasts they intercept with that satellite they placed decades ago. Brian the Sandwich has indeed been monitoring, but he can't say nothin' if Gonzo refuses to pick up the phone.

This series is called "Muppets from Earth," and that would be a pretty pointless title if I didn't plan to bring back the Gontinuum. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, it's okay... Just random plotpoints us people reading pick up on.
You make a good point as it's possible Brian might not have survived the encounter with the trashcan. :shifty:
Just waiting for the next chapter and whatever happens.

Slackbot

Reaction score
*laughs* Brian is not the sandwich itself, silly, he's the guy who speaks through the sandwich. He looks a lot like Gonzo, but with a pointier schnoz, purple fur, and a dark crest that he usually braids to hold it in check.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Sorry, blind batty eyes and character confusion abound. See, since Brian Henson voiced the sandwich, I thought you were naming the sandwich after him here, since it doesn't have a character name other than just "The Talking Sandwich". As for the Alien Gonzo controlling/talking through the sandwich, he's popped up under the name Des Filmer in theprawncracker's Old Friends Who've Just Met, but one fic universe doesn't necessarily overrule another here nor do all fics have to take place within the same controlled ficverse.

So yeah, sorry for the mix-up. :embarrassed: