Favorite Peanuts Special ( Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the Gang)

superfan

Reaction score
(taps finger on forehead...) I should get the DVD....:smirk:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I loved its the great pumpking charlie brown, a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and a Charlie Brown Christmas. But I mostly just love holiday specials.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My dad use to have a caset whit music form all the different specials on it. I think was for the fortieth anaversaty beacuas it has that version of Linus and Lucy on it. He aloso havd on with two jazz musitions playing music from the peanuts, but I forget their names. He also has the vense Vanguard CD with him playing some of the origanal music from the specials. the first one I accidently made all the tape come out of because I like playing it so much. I really liked History Lesson on that one, and I remember whachting the specail too.

BEAR

Reaction score
I haven't seen most of these but I can say that I love "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown" with the raft racing. I really enjoyed the latter one when they used to air it on TV a lot. So classic. I've always enjoyed the Peanuts specials.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah the first Chrismas one always gets to me. Thay just dont do that on television anymore. It's amazing.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Definately the holiday specials. Hands down.

For movies I have always loved Snoopy Come Home even though it makes me sad.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
My dad use to have a caset whit music form all the different specials on it. I think was for the fortieth anaversaty beacuas it has that version of Linus and Lucy on it. He aloso havd on with two jazz musitions playing music from the peanuts, but I forget their names. He also has the vense Vanguard CD with him playing some of the origanal music from the specials. the first one I accidently made all the tape come out of because I like playing it so much. I really liked History Lesson on that one, and I remember whachting the specail too.
I know what you're talking about; we've got the 40th anniversary special tunes on CD; it's got renditions by David Benoit, B.B. King, Kenny G. and Dave Brubeck, among others.
And the Peanuts specials introduced a whole generation to Vince Guaraldi's tunes.

My favorites are A Charlie Brown Christmas (in my house, it's a tradition to watch that at least once during the holidays), This is America, Charlie Brown and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (which aired on CBS the night I was born, Mom said - so she had Dad tape it).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's right Muppet News girl!:excited:

"Race For Your Life Charlie Brown" was just on Cartoon Network a couple of hours ago.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
As far as specials go, my faves are:
"It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown"
"A Charlie Brown Christmas"
"It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown"
"You're A Good Sport, Charlie Brown"
and "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown"

My least faves are:
"Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"
"This is America, Charlie Brown"
"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"
and "Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown"

My favorite movies are:
"A Boy Named Charlie Brown"
and "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown"

My least favorite movies are:
"Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown", "Snoopy Come Home", and too many more to count.

BJ

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
My favorites are A Charlie Brown Christmas (in my house, it's a tradition to watch that at least once during the holidays)
My family used to have this tape that had A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (one of those semi-anime cartoons, about a mouse family and a human family living together). That was a very important tradition every year!