Favorite Muppet Show Guest Star

Barbarella

Reaction score
I liked a ton of them- but I think the one that stands out as my favorite guest star is Rita Moreno.

aimeram

Reaction score
I have too many favorites to think of them all.
Off the top of my head:

The Star Wars
Lynn Redgrave (I've always loved the Robin Hood episode)
Brooke Shields
John Cleese (I love British comedy)

I know that there several more that are on my list, but I can't think of them right now.

Blind Peeeeew

Reaction score
The best performance by a guest stars working with The Muppets in anything were:

Peirce Brosnan; his episode of Muppets Tonight is the best half hour of Muppet anything ever

Tim Curry; one of the only two humans to practically steal the show from his Muppet co-stars (although we all knew that film belonged to Blind Pew)

Steve Martin; for his gut-busting waiter in The Muppet Movie, and for the unique Muppet Show episode with the auditions, the only one without a laugh track to my knowledge

travellingpat

Reaction score
My favorite has always been Peter Sellers on the muppet show..his episode always cracked me up......also vincent price was awesome

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
In no order:

John Cleese
Marty Feldman
Peter Sellers
Dudley Moore
Pearl Bailey
Beverly Sills
Senor Wences
John Denver
Mark Hamill (both he and John Denver seemed like they were having a great time)
Harry Belafonte
Carol Burnett (especially her scenes with Animal)
Rita Moreno
Harvey Korman
Connie Stevens (particularly her backstage scene with Kermit and her number with Bert)
Florence Henderson

Stuffed Frog

Reaction score
My favourite Guests are Marty Feldman, John Denver, Harry Belafonte and Mark Hamill and the other Star Wars guys.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved the Stars of Star Wars episode. It's much more than novelty to me.

Anyway, My favorite Guest star would proably have to be John Cleese, just because he worked well in that same field of inspired comic weirdness that his works (including Monty Python) were famous for. Plus he did write some of the episode. I mean, that bit at the end with Dream the Impossible dream is pure python... pure Cleese.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved the Stars of Star Wars episode. It's much more than novelty to me.

Anyway, My favorite Guest star would proably have to be John Cleese, just because he worked well in that same field of inspired comic weirdness that his works (including Monty Python) were famous for. Plus he did write some of the episode. I mean, that bit at the end with Dream the Impossible dream is pure python... pure Cleese.
How 'bout in "Pigs in Space" when Cleese asks the parrot on his shoulder, "how would you like to be an ex-parrot?"

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The episodes I love and whyyyy:

John Cleese: I for one am a Python fan, and this episode is so wacky, and so crazy, its just genius. I love the Pigs in Space bit. Plus Gonzo's subplot is very great as well, annnd Sweetums and Robin together. I just simply love everything about this episode. Also, when Jim was doing Sam & Friends he did an act lip synching a Stan Freberg skit that is very similar to the closing number of this episode.

Rudolph Nuryev: For some odd reason I looove this episode, and I hate ballet. It brings a little class to the show, notice I say "little." Also the UK spot is seriously genius.

Harry Belafonte': Everything about this episode is fantastic, and pure muppets. Turn the World Around makes me just feel great, and Harry is just a great performer. Everything from the Cold Opening with Crazy Harry to the ending of the show is just wonderful.

John Denver: Okay, who wouldnt love singing plants singing? And who wouldnt love the Muppets singing "Why Can't We Be Friends." And the interactions between Piggy and Kermit are fantastically clever and genius.

Raquel Welch: I just like this episode because she is a very sexy woman, but, she can sing!

Paul Simon: With every song by Paul, this episode is really great, and Gonzo is just hillarious in this as well.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Okay. I think that my favorite of all of the guest stars that appeared on the show, as far as my admiration for them as performers... that'd be Steve Martin. And I do love his episode.

But I have to say, I don't think you'll find a singular episode full of more fantastic sketches and songs than the Madeline Kahn episode.

-Kermit singing Happy Feet - even though his feet are never shown.
-The Swedish Chef's encounter with the Lobster Banditos.
-Floyd's rendition of New York State of Mind.
-And, of course, Gonzo's Wishing Song.

There's more than all that, of course, but those are some of my favorite moments with those particular characters, and I never get tired of them.

Oh, and Madeline Kahn is cool, too.