Favorite Muppet Puns

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Tera,

The cd I got with "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" on it is "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes: Are a Drag". I got it because someone on these boards said that they re-did "Rainbow Connection" (which they did). There's a bunch of other great songs on it, but there's one yucky part too... yuck.

"Scary" Larry Wolf

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always liked the one on the Muppet Movie when Kermit tells Telly Savalas that the Frogs giving warts thing is just a Myth. "Yeah, but she's my myth!!" Kermit repeats "Myth! Myth" and a Lisping woman goes "Yeth?" What was really funny is it became sort of a running gag. In one scene Kermit says Myth again, and for no reason, the woman pops out from behind a billboard and says "Yeth" The fast paced humor of this movie reminded me of the old Jay Ward cartoons:
Rocky asks Bullwinkle what an A bomb means, and Bullwinkle answers "A Bomb is what they think of our program," "I don't think that's very funny!" "Neither do they, apparently!"

But as for the Schwinn joke, it was another pun in the Jim Henson Tribute. Fozzie wanted a biking number and Scooter misheard him, thinking he said a VIKING number. He brings in a Viking long boat and Fozzie asks, "what about the Schwinn?" and Scooter replies, "we don't have a Schwinn, but we have a Sven!"

But my favorite was the other running gag pun, "we've got to catch the theives red handed, " What color are their hands now" from Great Muppet Caper

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I think my favorite is the part in the Muppets from Space movie, where that big evil guy (don't know his name) is examining Gonzo and they say:
Evil Guy: No nostrils...how do you smell?
Rizzo: Terrible, believe me, I'm his roommate!

lol! I also like in the Muppet caper movie when Gonzo throws himself in front of a taxi & Kermit says "That's very..effective." And Gonzo says, "yeah, it's GREAT when it works!!"

Hahahahaha! I loooove Muppet Caper!!! =D

~fluff~

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
According to the script for "The Muppet Movie" before Kermit gets to the El Sleezo Cafe, there's letters across the bottom of the screen that say LATER. Kermit kind of walks by it and says, "Later!" and the word fades away.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
And must we forget:

Good greif, the comedian's a bear.

No he's-a not! He's-a wearin' a neck-a tie!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Byron and I were voice-chatting last night and I made a very brief reference to that "Comedian's a bear!" sketch.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it's funny when he says don't cry for me Bengimina, because she goes WHAT! She wasn't crying for him!!!

Joggy

Reaction score
In my opinion the Dog City special had some of the best puns ever ('but you used to be me!'). Mostly by Rowlf:

(everybody running away scared) "I think that's body language for 'Yipes'."

"Bugsy Them is such a big criminal that they print the same article in the paper every day and just fill in the crimes."

"Aherm! Welcome to family viewing, folks!" (interrupting Colleen's song at the line "I will be his..." - rhymes with 'rich')

contour

Reaction score
My favorite...

"who's The Good Lookin' Pig? If You Were A Chicken, You'd Be Impeccable"

Lol!