Fanfiction.net

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am really bad at saving files, but it is terribly important. I sent my computer to get fixed once and I had no idea they would wipe the entire hard drive! I should have saved my files on a separate disk, but I didn't know.

I do agree that banning a user is a bit harsh. Or at least, if they are going to ban someone, they should warn the user that the stories will be removed before they do it (of course, that might be written in their guidelines, I'm not sure.)

christyb

Reaction score
Wow...didn't mean to spawn a debate about it. I was just curious. I disagree with banning you Snowthy. I read fics on there all the time that are close to Script format nothing but line after line of dialogue. I'm a recent member and put my pieces up for fun because I write sproadically.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I have an account over there. Use the same name I do here.

A lot of the stories I encounter are usually romance driven from different shows, movies, etc. and I personally get tired of those.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more about the "shipping"! Very annoying! Also, most of it is of very poor quality. Not all of it though; I've seen very good work there, and the best of what I've found is in my favorites list, sometimes just by virtue of it being the first good one I've found that day!
:smirk: Slight exageration, but not too far off.
I have an account there, but have never put anything up. Maybe sometime in the not-too-distant future, though!
:wink:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Mmm, I remember when the site was full of scripts--some years ago.
I still see them!

So it's odd that they've deleted some!

Then again, I'm not exactly active in that site.

EDIT:
I was never really cut out for writing--that's truth.
Call me shallow, but I love seeing how some stories appear effortless.
It makes me feel better...

:confused:;;

Oof, I sound horrid. XD

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
A lot people people write there. It is too bad that 90% of fanfics over there are mediocre to crappy at best.
Hence its...*ahem* "affectionate" nickname of "The Pit of Voles" or just "The Pit".

I have an account there, under Lady Iapetus the Roving Wanderer. Haven't posted anything since 2005, though.

-Kim

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A lot people people write there. It is too bad that 90% of fanfics over there are mediocre to crappy at best.
Yeah, get this, along with my fanfics being written in script format, another reason they deleted my stories was that they claimed I was simply making fun of everyone else's crappy fanfics (they said I was being MST, which everyone told me that means they're saying I giving everyone the Mystery Science Theater treatment), but I NEVER did that!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, get this, along with my fanfics being written in script format, another reason they deleted my stories was that they claimed I was simply making fun of everyone else's crappy fanfics (they said I was being MST, which everyone told me that means they're saying I giving everyone the Mystery Science Theater treatment), but I NEVER did that!
lol, what's wrong with that? I like MST. But anyways, I see where they would get ticked I mean, I would too because if I had all that hard work putting a sucky story together, I would be a little mad too if somebody put together something to make fun of my stories. But they probably should be made fun of cause they suck. But that's just MY opinion.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
lol, what's wrong with that? I like MST. But anyways, I see where they would get ticked I mean, I would too because if I had all that hard work putting a sucky story together, I would be a little mad too if somebody put together something to make fun of my stories. But they probably should be made fun of cause they suck. But that's just MY opinion.

Daniel
But what I was saying is that I DIDN'T do that, they claimed I did, but I didn't.