Fanfiction.net

christyb

Reaction score
Hi guys! Now that I'm back...ish I've been wondering. I'm active and writing on a website called Fanfiction.net. Is anyone else writing over there? (Along with here of course. :wink:)

wwfpooh

Reaction score
A lot people people write there. It is too bad that 90% of fanfics over there are mediocre to crappy at best.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, I'm a member on the site!
I'm just one of those terrible writers.
I'm 1930SilentFilm...I think!
I forget, LOL!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to be a member there, and I used to write a lot of Courage the Cowardly Dog and Bewitched stories, but one day, they banned me and deleted every single one of my story because I had written them all in script format (like I do T*K*O), and apparently that's the same a "chat format" which they don't allow, so because of that, I was banned, and all my stories that I worked very hard on were deleted.

Why didn't anyone tell me script and "chat" format were the same thing?

Xerus

Reaction score
I used to be a member there, and I used to write a lot of Courage the Cowardly Dog and Bewitched stories, but one day, they banned me and deleted every single one of my story because I had written them all in script format (like I do T*K*O), and apparently that's the same a "chat format" which they don't allow, so because of that, I was banned, and all my stories that I worked very hard on were deleted.

Why didn't anyone tell me script and "chat" format were the same thing?
I have my own fanfiction.net account and I've written a few fanfics that are mostly Muppets, anime, Hanna-Barbera, and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/66885/

I'm really sorry your fanfics got deleted, Snowthy. I wanted to post my old Battle of the Muppet All-Stars fanfic on fanfiction.net, but when I posted my first chapter, someone e-mailed me saying that it was in script form and wouldn't accept it. So I had to take my story down. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have my own fanfiction.net account and I've written a few fanfics that are mostly Muppets, anime, Hanna-Barbera, and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/66885/

I'm really sorry your fanfics got deleted, Snowthy. I wanted to post my old Battle of the Muppet All-Stars fanfic on fanfiction.net, but when I posted my first chapter, someone e-mailed me saying that it was in script form and wouldn't accept it. So I had to take my story down. :cry:
It's kind of a double-standard if you ask me... I mean, when I was first introduced to the art of fan-fiction at Edtropolis (which I have about eight or nine stories there still for LO-O-O-O-O-NG ago), most of them WERE in script format, and that's the easiest way for me to write, hence why I always write something like it's a script. But still, they should've said something about chat format and script being the same thing, because some of the stories I had written were long, involved, had a lot of content, that had a lot of time and effort put into them (one story took me a month to finish).

And not only that, but doesn't banning someone for that seem a little harsh?

Xerus

Reaction score
It's kind of a double-standard if you ask me... I mean, when I was first introduced to the art of fan-fiction at Edtropolis (which I have about eight or nine stories there still for LO-O-O-O-O-NG ago), most of them WERE in script format, and that's the easiest way for me to write, hence why I always write something like it's a script. But still, they should've said something about chat format and script being the same thing, because some of the stories I had written were long, involved, had a lot of content, that had a lot of time and effort put into them (one story took me a month to finish).

And not only that, but doesn't banning someone for that seem a little harsh?
Yes, I agree. All that work to make great stories and to have them disappear like that is heartbreaking. :cry: Do you have your stories saved in your computer? Maybe you can find another fanfic site.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. All that work to make great stories and to have them disappear like that is heartbreaking. :cry: Do you have your stories saved in your computer? Maybe you can find another fanfic site.
Nope... after I finish a story, or chapter, I'd delete it and re-write a new story/chapter in the same document to keep my computer from being cluttered with too many files, thus bogging it down (besides, I didn't think I'd need to save backups... boy was I wrong)!

Xerus

Reaction score
Nope... after I finish a story, or chapter, I'd delete it and re-write a new story/chapter in the same document to keep my computer from being cluttered with too many files, thus bogging it down (besides, I didn't think I'd need to save backups... boy was I wrong)!
I'm really sorry to hear that. Yes, I learned that it's important to save. One time, Dad took the computer to the shop to get it upgraded and I lost the chapters to one of the very first fanfics I've written because I didn't know about saving and had to start all over again. I was thankful I printed my stories and kept them in a ring binder. But it was a pain to retype everything again though.

I hope things will go better for you in the future.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I always save the stories that I write on the computer, mostly for just that reason. Because I know that once the computer blows up or something happens, that it's good for it to be there. I used to put my Cheeseman stories on FanFiction. Apparently, I commented on a friend of mines story and after I commented that I did the same thing, they got ticked at me and deleted some of my stuff. Some of it's still there, but the stuff I can't replace is gone. Oh well, FictionPress is a little better than FanFiction on stuff like that.

Daniel