Fanfic - "We Need A Little Christmas"

Beth C

Reaction score
Is this soon enough? :wink:

The sun rose slowly the next morning as if reluctant to shine its warming rays upon all the snow that had fallen the night before. As it peeked over the horizon, it laid streaks of golden yellow on the pristine white landscape making it look as if the ground was covered in liquid gold.

Kermit awoke first after a restless nights sleep in which he kept tossing and turning with nightmares of what could possibly have happened to Gonzo. No sooner than one had ended than another had begun. He now found himself tired upon waking, and it was sure to be a long day.

He dressed warmly, knowing it was cold outside, then made his way to the kitchen where he fixed himself a pot of coffee and then poured himself a cup. He sipped at it slowly, allowing the warm brew to wake him up fully. If he couldn’t rest his body then he would have to plug it full of caffeine to keep going today.

Soon the other muppets woke, and the ones Scooter had picked quickly had breakfast before leaving to go on the search for Gonzo. Scooter had patted Kermit on the back and told him he would report any results back as soon as he could. Kermit had thanked him again and wished him luck on the search. He would have gone with them, but he had to meet the insurance adjustor today to see what compensation he could get from the policy the theater had.

Piggy woke soon thereafter, coming down the stairs in such a disheveled state that Kermit had to do a double take upon seeing her. He had never seen her looking this tired and worn out. Her hair was mussed and she was wearing a bathrobe over a nightgown that was far from anything she normally wore. Her makeup was missing and her eyes seemed bloodshot and droopy.

He poured her a cup of coffee and handed it to her with a small smile. “Here you go, Piggy.”

“Thanks,” she said as she accepted the hot brew. She had to stifle a yawn with one hand before taking a small sip. “Mmm. Just what I needed.”

Kermit nodded. “You’re welcome.” He sipped at his own cup again. “What time did you and Rowlf get back?”

“Somewhere after midnight.” She said after swallowing another sip. “Fozzie finally went into a restful sleep at that time and we felt that we could at last leave him for a while.” She stifled another yawn. “Excuse me.”

“So he’s doing okay now?” Kermit asked as he finished his second cup of coffee. He placed the cup down on the counter as he hopped up on one of the chairs near the counter.

She nodded. “Yeah, he’s doing better. He’s still in a lot of pain from the burns though.” She took another long sip of the coffee and sighed. “We are supposed to go back later today to check on him. Are you coming with us?” She rubbed sleepily at one eye with a bare hand.

Kermit shook his head. “I have to meet with the insurance adjustor. I shouldn’t have any problems but I need to get the paperwork started if we are to get the theater rebuilt soon. As much as I’d like to help with the search for Gonzo, or go visit Fozzie, this must come first.”

“Of course, Kermie, you do what you have to do.” She finally drained her cup and placed it in the sink.

“Please, Piggy, tell him I’ll stop by later after the meeting to say hello. Give him my regards.”

She nodded as she turned to leave. “I will, Kermie. Now I have to go wake Rowlf and get dressed if you will excuse me?”

He nodded. “See you later.”

She walked slowly out of the kitchen with none of her usual flair for the dramatic. What surprised Kermit more was the fact that she hadn’t been hanging all over him, nor bugging him for her normal morning kiss. It was so unlike her that he actually felt a bit of a pang for the normal routine they normally shared.

As if things could ever be normal again, Kermit mused. With Gonzo missing, the theater in ruins, Fozzie still hospitalized and Christmas coming in 13 days, how could things go back to normal now?

Well he was going to do the best he could. He placed his cup in the sink and turned off the coffeepot. He was going to go meet with the adjustor and get the ball rolling to put normal back into their lives. If they could get the theater back, then they would have the foundation for normal again. He hadn’t realized it before, but so much of their normal day to day lives rested upon their work there.

With a small sigh, he went to get his coat. The meeting was in an hour and he sure wasn’t going to be late.

A/N - Just a bit part to wake everyone up. Enjoy!

~Beth C (who can't sleep- she wants to write!)

Beth C

Reaction score
More will be coming tonight if everything goes right! I'm on a roll now!!!

~Beth C

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ahem---

HELLOOOOO BETH!! WHERE'S THE REST OF THE STORY?!?!!

Don't make me start pulling some switches off the tree branch!

Beth C

Reaction score
Sorry to leave you guys hanging for the moment.

I've had a couple of real-life problems tying up my free time lately. I haven't even posted much because I've been so busy trying to fix them.

One problem will take until February to fix, and it isn't even the kind of problem that can be posted on a family oriented board.

On the up-side, I did get my main computer back working so I won't be forever stuck on my laptop. Now I just gotta find a place to set the darn thing up so I can finally write in piece.

Gotta love real-life crises. I promise I won't make you wait too much longer, but it helps if I can sit up to write as writing while laying down just makes the problem worse.

I haven't forgotten. Believe me, I want nothing more than to write again.

~Beth C

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay, okay. I won't whoop you with switches. Maybe I'll only throw some rocks or something.