Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

What is your favorite Muppet Christmas production?

• A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa (2008)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas Together (1979)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I cannot tell you how much I love Muppet Family Christmas. I've watched it every Christmas since finding it on YouTube. It's one of the best things ever in the Muppets' history. But Muppet Christmas Carol, is probably my favorite thing Muppet Christmas ever. The songs are glorious, the story was retold fantastically, and despite the Muppets not playing themselves, they have that same sense of Muppety mayhem. Plus we see ice-skating penguins! :concern::shifty::smile:

Reaction score
I cannot tell you how much I love Muppet Family Christmas. I've watched it every Christmas since finding it on YouTube. It's one of the best things ever in the Muppets' history. But Muppet Christmas Carol, is probably my favorite thing Muppet Christmas ever. The songs are glorious, the story was retold fantastically, and despite the Muppets not playing themselves, they have that same sense of Muppety mayhem. Plus we see ice-skating penguins! :concern::shifty::smile:
Maybe so. But I definately think John Denver and the Muppets is better. Maybe because it aired so long ago people have forgotten how good it was. I look forward to listening to the album every christmas. Unfortunately its never been on dvd. I think John Denvers family owns the rights. My favorite part is John singing Silent Night. And the first christmas protrayed by the muppets beautiful. I'll have to check and see if its on youtube. Some of the songs are not your typical christmas music but so beautiful. Give it a try. Merry Christmas!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I voted for MFC because of the beauty of all the Muppets being together, but I had to give a little shout out of love for Letters to Santa - I know not everyone enjoyed that one, but I adored it, I watch it every year.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My favorite part is John singing Silent Night. And the first christmas protrayed by the muppets beautiful. I'll have to check and see if its on youtube. Some of the songs are not your typical christmas music but so beautiful.
Oh absolutely that's one reason I like the John Denver special and the soundtrack so much; I was introduced to Christmas songs I'd never heard before or new twists on old ones. Plus I think the Nativity scene was very tastefully done. :smile:

djspurlin

Reaction score
I wonder that the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Together is polling so far down the list. I wonder if it is because it has been so long since you could see it in it's full version on television?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wonder that the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Together is polling so far down the list. I wonder if it is because it has been so long since you could see it in it's full version on television?
Yeah I think it's mainly the lack of exposure. I was too young to see on TV; I only got to see the whole thing from visiting The Museum of TV & Radio a few years ago.

Tough Pigs did do a humorous review on it awhile back, lol:

http://www.toughpigs.com/myweekxmasvacation01.htm

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
MFC for me, hands down. It has Kermit/Piggy love, it had Robin bonding with his uncle Kermit, and the Fraggles, Sesame Street gang and the Muppets all come together and you just can't beat that!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
God but do I adore Muppet Family Christmas. That Jerry Juhl script is just perfection.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
1. MFC
2. IaVMMCM
3. John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together (I still tearjerk, okay?! <3)
4. MCC
5. LTS