Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

What is your favorite Muppet Christmas production?

• A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa (2008)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas Together (1979)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Great poll idea!

MFC is far and away the best IMHO because of all the Muppet universes being in one special together. Plus, it's just funny and filled with heart. Second best is MCC, because it's everyone's tribute to Jim and Richard.

A Christmas Together is more of a John Denver special with Muppets tossed in there as an afterthought. There's some great stuff in it, but it's very spotty. "12 Days of Christmas" is better than anything in Very Merry or LtS, but I have to fast-forward through too much boring nonsense.

Meanwhile, Very Merry tries too hard to be "hip" and "edgy." Letters to Santa goes to the opposite extreme and is too cute and cloying.

Ranked from 1 to 5:

1. MFC
2. MCC
3. Very Merry
4. Letters to Santa
5. A Christmas Together

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If we are considering "classic" Muppet productions then shouldn't:
The Christmas Toy
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
and
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
be in this list?
We'll have a seperate thread to discuss these later this week. This one is focusing on the Muppet Show characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is nothing topping Muppet Family Christmas. Trying to take out the nostalgia factor and the wow and wonder of seeing Henson's Big 3 come together... it's still a great special. I have to say, Sesame Street's specials should be considered too... because basically tied for first place for me would be Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. it was nice and organically like an episode of Sesame Street without the letter and number cut scenes.

Then I gotta lump MCC, Elmo Saves Christmas, VMX, and LTS together in a big pile... I love them all. Though, I find VMX more interesting than MCC...

Then near the bottom... Elmo's World Happy Holidays. I really dig it and it actually gives Elmo SOME character... a real step up from the source material. Plus, I LOVE the novelty of something that says Happy Holidays that actually INCLUDES other holidays... then Elmo's Christmas Count Down (it had its moments) and dead last, the dreadfully 1970's A Very Special Sesame Street Christmas, featuring random 197-'s celebrities singing not Christmas songs and Michale Jackson as the very special guest star that doesn't actually sing anything. At least Oscar's subplot was kinda fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, there goes next week's Weekly Poll theme. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nothing compares to Muppet Family Christmas; it's every Muppet fan's dream! :smile:

superboober

Reaction score
A Muppet Family Christmas for me as well; as has been said before, along with the thrill of having every major character in every universe together, it's just beautifully put together, as if they were trying to make it the ultimate Muppet magnum opus of them all (and in many ways, it very much is).

Puckrox

Reaction score
I love MFC, but I grew up with MCC and nothing will beat it for me. Plus MCC is really what spun me into my Muppet obsession, so, yeah, it's number one in my heart.

But I love all the other specials so very much!

turkishproverb

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas is the Favorite, even if Muppet Christmas Carol is probably the better Crafted.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, even though I voted for Muppet Family Christmas, I'm glad the John Denver special got a little bit of love as well, it's always getting made fun of, lol.