Fan Art: Dave's Creative Muppet Visuals

Vic Romano

Reaction score
After a lot of thought, I've decided to nix the "weekly" Muppet visuals to start again this Christmas, and just post stuff as I have it and starting now with a brand new thread. So without any fanfare or schedule or anything, I present to you:

The WatchMuppets

You can see all my old Muppet fan art here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Davo startin' da visuals again!

I told you he was the coolest dude here!

Awesomeness visual Davo, can't wait to see what else you have in store in the future!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I've already squeeled at you tons Dave, but I have to say, I am so over the moon excited you are posting your visuals NOW! Squeel! This first one was awesome as usual! You just made my day! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHA! Oh WOW! Dave, man! Welcome BACK! And what a welcome! I LOVE it! I think Fozzie and Kermit are my favorites--but Miss Piggy's legs... like, wow. Gorgeous. Animal's pose is hilarious, and I love that Fozzie is the comedian. Eh, who am I kidding? It's all phenomenal! I'm SO glad this is back! You're the man, Dave! This is JUST what MC needs right now! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erm... If you could Dave, please remember to add descripts. Also, would you be available to do a special commission Muppet/SST illustration? Please reply via PM or here, hope to hear from you here. No, that's the wrong here! Well, how will he know which one is the right here? He'll know when we point to him! Okay.

:embarrassed: A funny thing happened to me the other day. On my way to the forums, I passed a bunch of MC fans and I hear...
*Points to Vic.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic, aka 'da man' is back! Since you're trying to sneak in without fanfair, I shan't run about blowing trumpets and banging drums, BUT, this is a stunning piece of artwork.

Let alone that fact it's Watchmen. And it's Muppets. And it's MUPPETS as the WATCHMEN! It's a gorgeous piece of computerised artwork in itself. I've missed the Hulteen style Muppets in absence of the Visuals. Lighting, colouring, shapes...It all POPS. For a moment I forgot it was fanart and thought, "Ooh, I wonder where he found these Muppet pictures to mix into a Watchmen poster..." before realising they were all you!

On to the characters! The first thing that struck me was Kermit as "the'naked'blue'guy" (Atomic man? What WAS his name?). It's so utterly hilarious because Kermit has ALWAYS been the naked Muppet -- and here, he is covered! Talk about dramatic irony. His eyeballs are creeping me out. All hallows Muppets anyone?

Fozzie as the Comedian. Aside from all the murdering, and liciviousness, what a perfect casting! Not only is he a Comedian, but he has name-tags on his scarf-strings! (See, nothing passes me by.) One comment: I'd have liked to see a Rubber Chicken in place of the Gun.

Animal! A classic Animal picture even if he weren't the "awesome'one'with'the'shifty'mask" The legs, the raggedy pants and the pose is ALL classic Animal. And matched with that Coat...Now I was to sit down and write "Ace Ventura: Animal Detective"

Piggy! Whaa-hubba-hub! The hair -- long and silky. The eyelashes -- long and silky. The legs -- long and silky. *ahem*

Gonzo as the Niteowl II (Nite-chicken?) is a casting of grand scale. The goggles are B-E-A-utiful, and the 'swagger' of his jawline is making me laugh out-loud (in an academic library, no less.)

No one can make Beaker look Villainous, but as Charming-yet-Evil-scientists go, Beaker has to be way up there. I can see him now, putting together a giant squid piece by piece ...if only so that it can squid to death a certain melon-headed Muppet that bullied him for years. Loving the tallness of Beaker, and the way he's holding his hands as well. Awesome beyond awesomeness.

One thing I'd have loved to see is a Kermit-as-Henson-logo version of the classic smiley-face icon somewhere in there.

I'm giving this piece 7 Kermit-as-Henson-logo heads for class and style, and 4 Fozzie-as-murderous-anti-hero-guns for humour, as well as 7 sultry-Piggy-eyelashes for sexiness.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. In all honesty, I'm not really sure what kind of response this is going to get, so that's why I dropped the fanfare and just decided to toss stuff up as I do it, but your kind reviews in particular really warm my heart, and I appreciate the feedback. :smile::big_grin::stick_out_tongue:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
YEA! This is awesome! I'm kind of a new guy here but before I joined, I looked at all your artwork and I just have one thing to say. You are an amazing artist and very creative. Thanks for your amazing work! Can't wait for more!

unclematt

Reaction score
Dude, I cant see any of the art. What is going on?