Extreme Muppet Makeovers

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Gonzo was manic-depressive in the first couple of seasons on TMS, then (when Dave built in moving eyelids) his wide-eyed weirdness really started to take form and Gonzo went from shy to unabridged. Starting in the early 90's; he stayed weird but mellowed out and took on a seriousness about his weirdness and became a romantic as well. I love who Gonzo has become, he's really grown into himself... *sniff* they grow up so fast! *sniff* :concern:

BEAR

Reaction score
They do! Our little...er...umm...whatever...is growing up!

unclematt

Reaction score
Great thread here guys. Another Muppet I have seen numerous changes in is Fozzie. His head seems to be very round now adays and I also think he has an overbite going on. Mabe I am just imagining it. :embarrassed:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Good catch, I ansolutely agree. He's looking more dumb rather then innocent, it's almost like his "look" is back firing.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've also noticed a change in Fozzie, his head is rounder, and his eyes are closer together.

MWoO

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Great thread here guys. Another Muppet I have seen numerous changes in is Fozzie. His head seems to be very round now adays and I also think he has an overbite going on. Mabe I am just imagining it. :embarrassed:
Starting in MTM, or around that time, Fozzie started to look too goofy. We have had this same design for decades now. His ears no longer stick out which really makes him look poorly constructed and stupid. At the end of MWoO we saw his ears sticking out again though and it really made an huge improvment. Now he looks younger, but not stupid. Hopefully this new puppet will stay around and not revert to the goofy looking Fozzie.

Personally, I owuld like to see Fozzie return to his GMC days. Best Fozzie, Piggy, and Gonzo puppets ever.