Erm...Hello Again? (And: the Continuing Adventures of Manda)

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Wow, all the old schoolers are coming back, lol

Hey there! I'm Nick, I have heard alot about you. hehe Anyways, welcome back! :big_grin:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Actually, we're not yet officially engaged...We're just discussing it. Very seriously. I haven't even got a ring, yet! However, possibly sometime this year I'll be sending yall an actual "Squee! I'm engaged!" message. It just amazes me sometimes to hear him talk about WHEN we're married, and, as I said, think: "Holy flying iguanas! He wants to marry me!" After all, I was basically the one among my friends whom no one ever though was gonna get married. Not that I'm hideously ugly, or horribly socially backward, it's just that I never maintained a relationship for particularly long, nor did I have a lot of them. Most people assumed that I was just not that interested in getting involved with people. After all, I was a bookworm and a fairly fanatically dedicated student. They figured Manda'd never have time for twue wuv.
Nice to meet some new peeps! (For me, anyways.) Again, thanks for the welcomes!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... At least you've found someone Manda. And that's the most important thing. Some of us haven't even started looking, then again we're not trying that hard to begin with.

Oh, the ping you hear is Sarah Y leaping back in. That, and the muffins are done.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
They figured Manda'd never have time for twue wuv.
See??? Even she calls herself Manda D!!!

Congrats on the possible, not quite, but sorta, almost, nearly, very likely, but not official engagement!

Ahhhh, love! :sing: :flirt: hehe! I talk like I know what it's like or somethin'! :stick_out_tongue:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I pulled this off of the "relationships" thread I hunteddown. Behold...Much changes in...What? A year?

Manda:-D said:
\'m w/ya on EVERYTHING, there, Erin. I, too, am more used to unrequited love, as it were, and am actually uncomfortable sometimes when a guy is interested in me. (Generally b/c I usually manage to attract just the sort of fella I REALLY DON'T want.)
Also like you, I'm extremely devoted to my family, and therefore can't imagine having to have someone in my life more imporrtant to me than them. (And, I just plain like being solitary, sometimes.)
Cory, ya know I love ya; I really think you're a great guy. But the fact is, I think you're a lil' bitter. I'm not saying you don't have any right to be, but the truth is, there ARE girls out there who like good guys. A LOT. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but I feel that if there's someone out there who's meant for you, you'll find her, and everyone else just won't work out. Just don't rush it; I'm sure she's out there, Cor. Same goes for you all, I believe. But then, I AM a hopeless romantic who believes true love and things that are meant to be and all other such things my cynical side of me insists is crap. I just don't listen to my cynical side when it comes to this.
The fact of the matter is, that I don't think relationships are overrated, if it's w/the right person. However, relationships that JUST DON'T WORK, no matter HOW hard you try, or relationships just for the sake of relationships, are definitely overrated. I know you can't just stumble onto the right person for you, whatever the movies say, but I do believe that there's a right time and a right place for a relationship, and maybe a lot of us just haven't gotten to that point yet. I don't believe everybody has to go according to the same timeline when it comes to this stuff.

(The convoluted thought processes and run-on sentences makes this English major cringe.)
The fact o' the matter is, boys 'n' gels, I, in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM saw this relationship coming a year ago. I hoped for it, wished for it, but figured, y'know, all chances are pretty much GONE when you say "no" and laugh at the idea, like I did 5 years ago. (Not to be hurtful, I just honestly thought he was NUTS to see us together like that. Back then, he was just my best friend.)
The moral: Good Lord, people! If this happens to ME, then NOTHING is impossible.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
See??? Even she calls herself Manda D!!!
Oh! I ALWAYS call her Manda D! Dispite the fact it is blatantly a smilie in her name...

Bea:zany:{Can something smile blatantly???}regard

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I run it all together...I like the sound of Mandad.

I think it's amazing you're all gushy gushy in love, Manda. Makes me realize that there's a guy out there somewhere for me, I just need to find him!

Beauregard

Reaction score
*passes you the glasses and scope*

Lemme know when you're done and I'll try and get me a girl. *turns into a backwoodsman*