Episodes that Have Stuck with You

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm reminded of another one, I'm pretty sure it was from Season 32, I know I could look at Muppet Wiki, but I don't want to fool with it at the moment.

It definitely was about the community garden: the Water Song sung by Jerry served as the setup for the story, and anytime someone (I think it was Luis) would water one of the plants, Telly and Elmo would burst into song.

TELLY: Cleeeeeaaannn...
ELMO: WATER!
TELLY: Cleeeeeaaarrr...
ELMO: WATER!
TELLY: Waaaateerrrr!
ELMO: WATER-WATER-WATER-WATER-WATER!

cjd874

Reaction score
I remember a lot of these episodes mentioned here, because I was a kid in the 1990s. But here are some that might not have been mentioned that I remember pretty well:
  • Two episodes where certain letters on the Street go missing. In one, all the T's go missing, so that Telly becomes Elly and Tarah becomes Arah. Big Bird and the gang search for them and discover a "T" party, and they join in. In the other, Elmo find that the S's are missing, so the show is Eame Treet, and Oscar's pet worm becomes Limey. Elmo, Oscar, and Alan look for them, and if I recall, the S's were in a trunk that the Amazing Mumford had, probably as a result of one of his tricks. Soon, Mumford restores all the S's.
  • Ernie wants Rubber Duckie to be bigger, so he asks Mumford for help. Bad decision, because Mumford makes the duck about twelve feet tall. Every time Ernie squeezes it, it lets out an unnervingly deep sound. While Mumford tries to fix it, Maria consoles Ernie until the duck is back to its normal size.
  • I LOVED the one where Telly wants to get to Big Bird's playdate quicker, so Mumford "helps" him, but instead transports him to Oscar's can, the Wild West, and even Maria's bathroom where she's TAKING A SHOWER!!! Edgy stuff…maybe there were some other places I forgot…it's been almost ten years since I saw these episodes. Anyone else remember these?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Did anyone see the episode where Zoe & Elmo go on an adventure to find 7 squares before a mouse reaches the top of a grandfather clock, and the episode where Elmo plays games with a really weird character named Mr. Pattern (who was Mr. Square at one point)?

Any time there's some kind of music involved in an episode and you hear a short burst of it, and one of the adults, or one of the Muppets asks where the music is coming from is hilarious!

ISNorden

Reaction score
A few memories from the early 90s:

• Rosita (who still had wings back then) is upset that she can't fly; the adults on the street comfort her, showing Rosita other things her wings were good for. The show ended with Rosita giving Maria a big wing-hug... (Where's an "awww" smiley when you need one?)
  • Joey and Davey (two monkey brothers) have trouble getting along because one of them ate the other monkey's banana. The guilty one (I forget which!) apologizes to his brother by making a handwritten greeting card and singing an I'm-sorry song. The innocent monkey remains angry, however, until the guilty one produces a bunch of bananas and lets him eat some. Ironically, the show ends with the remorseful monkey becoming an angry victim; his brother refuses to share the bunch!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that first one may actually be from the late 90s; I think I know which one you're talking about, and I seem to recall one of the things she used her wings for was to fan off Alan who had worked up a sweat over carrying a bunch of heavy boxes in and out of Hooper's Store.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I (barely) remember one about Placido Flamingo teaching Olivia to sing Opera. I swear I remember that they used that one twice and changed the number and letter sponsors in the rest of the episode, but not at the end of the show when Olivia sang the sponsors.

Unless it's a very fuzzy recollection of that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just remembered one, definitely Season 30, where the very existence of the letter 'V' was like football down here in TN. I even remember Big Bird and Elmo dancing around in 'V' jerseys, and singing the letter 'V' over and over again to the tune, "On Wisconsin".

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot the shallow parody of 2001:A Space Odyssey episode. The one where the number 11 appears and plays the same music as the monolith appearing... I know the composition, I just couldn't name it for you. And then Telly and the kids are compelled to perform that song with kazoos every time it pops up.

That was a weird one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I actually had looked up the name of that composition not too long ago, but I forget again already. ><