Emergency! Selling all my Muppet/Henson stuff (and more)

muppfozz

Reaction score
Sorry you are having a bad time

I am so sorry you have to sale all your wonderful mupper stuff. you even have things with autographs WOW! Thanks to a hospital screw up, I now have a bad heart and so my world has been turned upside down so I know how it can be . Hang in there and things will turn around for you. Wow ! autographed items. I bought a Sesame Street Chatters Elmo today and I had a good laught today. Must be 18months or older Ya !

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Some help is on the way, DW, and I'm sorry to hear about the medical screwup, Muppfozz.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Am on umemployment now - and it's a very (pretty insulting) small amount - not enough to cover my rent even if i don't use it for anything else. Job market is so bad right now that for the last few weeks the help wanted section of the paper has been in large print to fill up the page! Major bills soon coming up with no way to pay them...

,and personally, not doing all that well - since the Amazon job fell through, i've sunk into a very deep depression that's really pretty much paralized me recently...and this is coming from someone who's struggled with depression most his life! This current bout is nothing like what i've gone through before and it's really scaring me. I spend a lot of free time in bed since i'm just numb and emotionally drained and yet still hardly ever get any sleep because of continual horrific nightmares. I'm really not sure how long i can go on like this.

STILL AVAILABLE:
PM me or email dw_m@webtv.net if you're interested in any of the following.
(*) = new item listed in this posting
---------------------------
Books:

- Street Gang hardback (SST)
- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Bert and the Broken Teapot
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Jim Henson The Works
- One Frog Can Make a Difference
- Miss Piggy's Guide to Life (no jacket)
- Rainbow Connection - Richard Hunt, Gay Muppeteer
- Jim Henson's Muppet Stories #1
- No Strings Attached - the Inside Story of Jim Henson's Creature Shop
- The Alchemy of Mirrormask

Muppet Magazine:
- Summer 1985 - Kermit Greensteen Summer in the USA
- Spring 1986 - Muppet Awards (two copies)
- Summer 1986 - Labyrinth/Jennifer Connelly

- Return to Labyrinth volumes 3 & 4
- Best Friends (Fraggle) (some ink on back cover)
- What Do Doozers Do?
- Mokey's Birthday Present
- All three issues of Archaia's Fraggle Rock comic plus the Free Comic Book Day issue

Muppet Babies Comic Books:
- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper
- #9 Cleopiggy (two of these)
- Harvey Classics #5 Go to Camp

- The Puppetry Journal Winter 2005 - A Master Class at Studio Roser cover story (Puppeteers of America magazine)
- Puppetry Journal Spring 2005 - Strings film cover
- Puppetry Journal Fall 2005 - Celebrating 50 Years of The Muppets cover story; includes one of Jerry Juhl's last interviews

- All issues of all Boom!'s Muppet and Farscape comic books. If anyone needs to see a list, let me know.
------------------------------
Videotapes:

- Saturday Night Live episode #1
- Muppet Classic Theatre
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

-----------------------------
DVDs:

- Farscape season 1 set

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Best of TMS: Alice Cooper/Vincent Price (includes song cut from TMS Season 1)/Marty Feldman

- Kermit's Swamp Years

- Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

- The Muppet Movie (Columbia with camera test and Muppetisms extras)

Miscellaneous:

- Valerie Harper and James Coburn Muppet Show scripts

- Muppet Babies pilot Noisy Neighbors script (missing last page) autographed by Jeffrey Scott

- TMS Harvey Korman script/transcript
- TMS Vincent Price script/transcript
- TMS Valerie Harper script/transcript
- TMS Kaye Ballard script/transcript

- Labyrinth script

- Empire Strikes Back script

- Fearing Mind Episode 1 script

- Large video collection of Henson/Muppet items (url to tape trade page available upon request)

- the original Muppet Monopoly (slight water damage to the bottom of the box from when my apartment was flooded)

- huge plush Cookie Monster

- small Kermit plush - don't know manufacturer since tag is removed, but it was the one they were giving out as trivia prizes at MuppetFest

- a personally autographed photo of Farscape's Virginia Hay (Zhaan)

- Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit program
- Jim Henson's Fantastic World Mesa AZ oversized-postcard-style flyer personally autographed by Fran Brill (and Zoe), Dave Goelz (and Gonzo), and Karen Falk

- Letter from Jeff Marx and Bobby Lopez (before they were famous via Avenue Q) dated 7-15-99 describing their unsuccessful attempts to sell their script for Kermit, Prince of Denmark and asking for my critique/feedback. Second page is an outline of KPoD story and song list. Autographed (i.e. signed by) Jeff Marx

- The "cream of the crop" of my collection is a sheet of Muppet stationary (unofficial fan art border by Chris Smigliano) chockful of autographs from a whole slew of Muppeteers and crew members from the set of Muppets From Space (including Brian Henson and Frank Oz). This was given to me as a special gift so due to both the inherent value and the sentimental value, i will only sell it for a high price. (Yes, i'm that desperate to get rid of the #1 thing i never thought i'd sell if the asking price is right!)

--------------------------
Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- Muppet Movie Parodies 1998
- TMS Official Calendar 2004
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

Palisades/Action Figures:

- Kermit (camera accessory is broken in half due to fall of shelf)
- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (glasses are broken off - they stay in place for me fine displayed on my shelf but you may wish to fix with glue)
- Muppet Labs Playset with Beaker
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Electric Mayhem Playset with Animal
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Swedish Kitchen Playset with the Swedish Chef
- Sam Arrow (bottom half broke off due to fall off shelf, snaps back together and stays in place for shelf display but you may wish to glue together)
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Swinetrek Playset with First Mate Piggy
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:
- Sam the Eagle with book / Mahna Mahna /Thog with flower

- Kermit as Bob Cratchit with Robin the Frog as Tiny Tim / Statler as Jacob Marley / Two ice skating Penguins

- Fozzie Bear as Fozziwig / Waldorf as Robert Marley / Ghost of Christmas Present

Also:
- Jack in the Box kids meal figures: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Chef

- Kermit on a log playing banjo with banner saying "50th anniversary" with button that plays Rainbow Connection when pressed. Can be used as either a stand alone shelf display item or has a small hook to hang as Christmas tree ornament

-------------------------------------
Records (all with sleeves):

- The Muppet Show (UK version with gatefold sleeve, different back cover and extra tracks)

- Mahna Mahna/Halfway Down the Stairs 7"

(Sesame Street:smile:
- Sing-Along! (with paper inner sleeve with lyrics slightly torn)
- Big Bird Presents Hans Christian Andersen (gatefold sleeve)
- The Sesame Street Record (pen marks on front cover, paper peels on back cover)
- 10th Anniversary Album (marker marks on front cover)
- Bert & Ernie Sing-Along
- Monsters!
- The People In Your Neighborhood

-----------------
CD's:

-Kermit Unpigged
-Great Muppet Caper soundtrack
-Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack
-Muppet Treasue Island soundtrack
-Muppet Hits Take 2 (crack on underside which doesn't affect playability or sound quality and cover personally autographed by Jerry Juhl)

..and as a reminder as per non Muppet/Henson stuff includes a large collection of Simpsons Comic Books, Alpha Flight comics (from volumes 1, 2, and 3) though many of these were water damaged from the SECOND(!) time my apartment was flooded, a large collection of old issues of The Advocate, Out, Genre, and Echo Magazines, not-as-old but still not all that recent issues of The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, and The American Prospect, most issues of Wrapped In Plastic (a Twin Peaks/David Lynch fanzine which also included quite a bit of X-Files content because of David Duchovny's involvement), lots of Archie comics (comic books and digests), several Doonesbury books, a huge collection of One Life to Live episodes (mostly from 2003-present but also some older stuff), and a large collection of mostly 80s cds and vinyl albums, 7" and 12" singles (including pretty much anything/everything Pet Shop Boys and Eurythmics/Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart related), various collection books of comic strips.

Since it wasn't mentioned anywhere above, i also have a humongous Muppet/Henson video collection.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Am on umemployment now - and it's a very (pretty insulting) small amount - not enough to cover my rent even if i don't use it for anything else. Job market is so bad right now that for the last few weeks the help wanted section of the paper has been in large print to fill up the page! Major bills soon coming up with no way to pay them...

,and personally, not doing all that well - since the Amazon job fell through, i've sunk into a very deep depression that's really pretty much paralized me recently...and this is coming from someone who's struggled with depression most his life! This current bout is nothing like what i've gone through before and it's really scaring me. I spend a lot of free time in bed since i'm just numb and emotionally drained and yet still hardly ever get any sleep because of continual horrific nightmares. I'm really not sure how long i can go on like this.
I'm in much the same boat myself, save for the aid (however small it might be) of unemployment, so I can certainly relate to the paralizing depressive state. Wish I could afford to help you out and buy something, but I've been scrounging of things of my own to sell just to pay the bills. Best of luck my friend...

zns

Reaction score

STILL AVAILABLE:
Books:

- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Jim Henson The Works
- Rainbow Connection - Richard Hunt, Gay Muppeteer

Muppet Magazine:

- What Do Doozers Do?
- All three issues of Archaia's Fraggle Rock comic plus the Free Comic Book Day issue

- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper

- The Puppetry Journal Winter 2005 - A Master Class at Studio Roser cover story (Puppeteers of America magazine)
- Puppetry Journal Fall 2005 - Celebrating 50 Years of The Muppets cover story; includes one of Jerry Juhl's last interviews

- All issues of all Boom!'s Muppet and Farscape comic books. If anyone needs to see a list, let me know.
Videotapes:

- Muppet Classic Theatre

DVDs:

- Farscape season 1 set

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Best of TMS: Alice Cooper/Vincent Price (includes song cut from TMS Season 1)/Marty Feldman

- Kermit's Swamp Years

Miscellaneous:

- Muppet Babies pilot Noisy Neighbors script (missing last page) autographed by Jeffrey Scott

- Labyrinth script

- Large video collection of Henson/Muppet items (url to tape trade page available upon request)

- the original Muppet Monopoly (slight water damage to the bottom of the box from when my apartment was flooded)

- small Kermit plush - don't know manufacturer since tag is removed, but it was the one they were giving out as trivia prizes at MuppetFest

- Jim Henson's Fantastic World Mesa AZ oversized-postcard-style flyer personally autographed by Fran Brill (and Zoe), Dave Goelz (and Gonzo), and Karen Falk

- Letter from Jeff Marx and Bobby Lopez (before they were famous via Avenue Q) dated 7-15-99 describing their unsuccessful attempts to sell their script for Kermit, Prince of Denmark and asking for my critique/feedback. Second page is an outline of KPoD story and song list. Autographed (i.e. signed by) Jeff Marx

- The "cream of the crop" of my collection is a sheet of Muppet stationary (unofficial fan art border by Chris Smigliano) chockful of autographs from a whole slew of Muppeteers and crew members from the set of Muppets From Space (including Brian Henson and Frank Oz). This was given to me as a special gift so due to both the inherent value and the sentimental value, i will only sell it for a high price. (Yes, i'm that desperate to get rid of the #1 thing i never thought i'd sell if the asking price is right!)

Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (glasses are broken off - they stay in place for me fine displayed on my shelf but you may wish to fix with glue)
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Sam Arrow (bottom half broke off due to fall off shelf, snaps back together and stays in place for shelf display but you may wish to glue together)
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:

- Kermit as Bob Cratchit with Robin the Frog as Tiny Tim / Statler as Jacob Marley / Two ice skating Penguins

- Fozzie Bear as Fozziwig / Waldorf as Robert Marley / Ghost of Christmas Present

Also:
- Jack in the Box kids meal figures: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Chef

- Kermit on a log playing banjo with banner saying "50th anniversary" with button that plays Rainbow Connection when pressed. Can be used as either a stand alone shelf display item or has a small hook to hang as Christmas tree ornament

- The Muppet Show (UK version with gatefold sleeve, different back cover and extra tracks)

- The Sesame Street Record (pen marks on front cover, paper peels on back cover)
- Monsters!

-----------------
CD's:

-Kermit Unpigged
-Great Muppet Caper soundtrack
-Muppet Hits Take 2 (crack on underside which doesn't affect playability or sound quality and cover personally autographed by Jerry Juhl)

..and as a reminder as per non Muppet/Henson stuff includes a large collection of Simpsons Comic Books, Alpha Flight comics (from volumes 1, 2, and 3) though many of these were water damaged from the SECOND(!) time my apartment was flooded, a large collection of old issues of The Advocate, Out, Genre, and Echo Magazines, not-as-old but still not all that recent issues of The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, and The American Prospect, most issues of Wrapped In Plastic (a Twin Peaks/David Lynch fanzine which also included quite a bit of X-Files content because of David Duchovny's involvement), lots of Archie comics (comic books and digests), several Doonesbury books, a huge collection of One Life to Live episodes (mostly from 2003-present but also some older stuff), and a large collection of mostly 80s cds and vinyl albums, 7" and 12" singles (including pretty much anything/everything Pet Shop Boys and Eurythmics/Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart related), various collection books of comic strips.

Since it wasn't mentioned anywhere above, i also have a humongous Muppet/Henson video collection.
I certainly hope more people will see this thread and want to buy from you. I don't know if you can still send the four records you have for me, but more importantly, I just want everything to at least be okay for you. We all hope that you will make it one way or another.

P.S.
If you still need my address, feel free to send me a message.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Walls are closing in!

Have only had a couple of small orders and i have very large important bills coming up that i can't currently meet. I've also been dealing with a more-severe-than-ever-before seasonal allergy attack for over a week now that not only has left me sick, achy, and irritable but also semi-disabled (ears plug up leaving me half-deaf - not only hugely annoying but makes job hunting all the more impossible) Between the stress levels, malnutrition and the illness, i've had the most horrifying nightmares i've ever experienced in my life - i'm literally scared to go to sleep these days. Whatever fates control my life sure enjoy kicking the stuffing out of me with stiletto heels when i'm down! I really think this may end up a losing battle.

STILL AVAILABLE:
Books:

- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Jim Henson The Works

Muppet Magazine:

- What Do Doozers Do?

- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper

Videotapes:

- Muppet Classic Theatre

DVDs:

- Farscape season 1 set

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Kermit's Swamp Years

Miscellaneous:

- Labyrinth script

Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:

Also:

- Monsters!

-----------------
CD's:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I just sent you an e-mail inquiring about a few things. :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Doing quite a bit of interviews/applications but still nothing yet. Unemployment benefits soon running out and lots of bills coming up fast (and a tire set to blow any day now which will be a $200 repair when it does) - things very tight - can't see well since i can't afford a new eye exam to get new contact lenses - really needing help!

(In addition to some new items, you'll also note a few previously removed items added back due to the last TWO people who committed to buying something never followed through! UNbelievable!)

STILL AVAILABLE:
Books:

- Sesame Street Unpaved
- Ernie Gets Lost

- Richard Hunt: Gay Muppeteer zine
- Jim Henson The Works

Muppet Magazine:

- What Do Doozers Do?

- #1 Haunted Nursery
- #8 The Storyland Caper

Videotapes:

- Muppet Classic Theatre
- Don't Eat the Pictures
- Basil Hears a Noise
- BMG professional promo compilation of music videos including The Muppets Kokomo

DVDs:

- Farscape season 1 set

- Muppets From Space

- Muppets Take Manhattan

- Kermit's Swamp Years

Miscellaneous:

- Set of Muppet postage stamps
- Set of Muppet postage stamps (still sealed)

- Labyrinth script

Calandars:

- Muppet Parody 1997
- SST 2005
- Muppets 2006

- Miss Piggy
- Dr. Teeth
- Koozebane Kermit
- Stuntman Gonzo
- Floyd Pepper
- Crazy Harry
- Rowlf
- Scooter
- Rizzo
- Link Hogthrob
- Julius Strangepork
- Gonzo
- Pepe
- Newsman
- Clifford
- Patrol Bear Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Captain Smollett
- Frog Scout Robin
- Johnny Fiama
- Beauregard
- Usher Scooter
- Sam the Eagle
- Phil Van Neuter
- Marvin Suggs

Pvc sets:

Also:

- Monsters!

-----------------
CD's:

-Muppet Treasure Island soundtrack
- Kermit Unpigged
- Great Muppet Caper soundtrack