EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

Deadwall

Reaction score
Wow!

I am absolutely stunned! Way to go Henson Kids!

In my opinion, it's better to have a group of people that own the muppets who really care about the muppets, more so than a group of people who see the muppets more as a marketing "toy" or just another way to make money. As we know, the Henson Kids care about the legacy of their father and what their father stood for.

Yes, the "muscle" that Disney has would have been nice, but recently there has been a Muppet Explosion! The made for TV Muppet Christmas movie got great ratings... the toys are selling well... marketing deals with Nascar and more... etc... this should allow the Henson Kids to propell themselves into some pretty sweet TV and merchandising deals.

Please, oh, Please bring the muppets back to TV!!!!!!!!!!!

-deadwall:smile:

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
I wish them the best of luck and hope they will have the ability to go forward with a varitey of projects. They must have done a lot of soul searching over the past few years and didn't like the idea of coporate American draining every bit of life out of these characters. I know I didn't. I always wanted Kermit to be more than a Corporate logo and to remain in front of the camera. Here's to a green future.

Chad Kermit

Benedict

Reaction score
Back where it belongs

Finally! The Muppets are back in the family where they belong. I hope this is the start of a renaissance for the Muppets, they're such powerful characters that could have so much more made of them, it's been a shame seeing so little of them the past few years.

There really should be a new series at some point, and there's so much old material that needs repeating. There's a whole generation of people that grew up on the Muppets who are going to be having kids themselves soon, and we're going to want them to grow up with the Muppets too.

Bring the Muppets back to TV anyway, even if it's only the old material, and if you're making new material, I'd certainly like to see a lot more of Pepe the King Prawn

matleo

Reaction score
"look at us, here we are, right where we belong!! The curtain's up and the lights are broght and they're laying our old song!!! What better pplace could anyone be...casue you're here with me.....so everyone here we go let's start the show!!!!"

Wanna know somethign crazy??? At Carroll Spinney's booksigning last night someon asked about how the company dealt with the loss of Jim Henson and Carroll bascially gave a brief history of the last 13 years including the EMTV sale the sale of the SS characters to Sesame workshop, and ended it by saying "and the rest of the comany has just been absorbed by..someone else." As we were leaving the bookstore, I said to Jamie (Pezbalubah), "We're going ot hear something in the next week or so. ths has come to an end." Was NOT expecting it to be THIS soon or to be THIS news!!! I think we can all agree THIS is the best place for the Muppets to be!!!

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo

Wanna know somethign crazy??? At Carroll Spinney's booksigning last night someon asked about how the company dealt with the loss of Jim Henson and Carroll bascially gave a brief history of the last 13 years including the EMTV sale the sale of the SS characters to Sesame workshop, and ended it by saying "and the rest of the comany has just been absorbed by..someone else." As we were leaving the bookstore, I said to Jamie (Pezbalubah), "We're going ot hear something in the next week or so. ths has come to an end." Was NOT expecting it to be THIS soon or to be THIS news!!! I think we can all agree THIS is the best place for the Muppets to be!!!
I'm going to the one in Harvard Square tonight. I wonder if he's going to say anything about this.

I am on pins an needles, man!

Muppets1985

Reaction score
I just have ONE question b4 i leave....

Is there n e chance Disney could offer MORE Money to EM.TV or Henson now??!!:frown: :frown: :cry: