EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Everyone thinks this is over. I'm not so sure.
well you gotta admit, this is more hope than we've ever had before.....a looot more...I think it is going to go through..cause this is the classic muppet way....ya know? I mean the muppets got the theatre back at the end of IAVMMC (aww whatever the christmas special's forever long name was) and some people are using it as a comparison, and the strange thing was....it is...we had disney (bitterman) come through, and now the most unthinkable thing happened, by the person who sort of cause all the trouble in the first place....

Sarah

think about it......

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it wasn't going to go through. I implied that Henson might sell their shares at a later date and be able engineer a better deal with Disney or another company than they would have under EMTV. Guess you missed that part of my post. :confused:

Originally posted by frogboy4
But...you never know. This could just be another chapter. Maybe there still will be a merger. ---> And now, with total Henson ownership, Henson can make whatever demands they would like in any such businesss transaction. Everyone thinks this is over. I'm not so sure.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
What the ****........

YAY FOR THE HENSON KIDS!!!!!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :wink: :halo: LOL never thought i'd say this too Screw u Eisner u had me fooled there for 2 years there pal!!! Mickey and the Gang I STILL love ya but Eisner i just hate!!!:mad: :YEY FOR THE HENSON KIDS!!!!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oops sorry I wasn't clearer....that's kinda the problems with forums your point can be read the wrong way, or due to local ways of wording things you can say one thing and some people understand it as another.....

yes I get what your saying....(I think...no...I do..) I think there is a renewed sense of hope, and we haven't stopped to think of that, yet...there were just so many bad things that could have happened if EMTV went down with the muppets...I'm not up on all the exact laws and stuff...(especially not in Germany:embarrassed: ), but I know that the family has a little bit more interest in the well being of the company, so hopefully even if they do sell later, the terms are a little more friendlier, than what EMTV was doing....more negotiations...making sure the Muppets as a whole kept their Muppet-y-ness....

Sarah

ok i am on the same topic as you, right Jamie?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
When I saw the headline on CNN.com today I kept hearing Kermit doing his happy yell, you know, the one he does after he introduces the guest on the Muppet Show.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm so happy to hear that the Muppets are back with their father's family, right where they belong.

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
WOW

All I can say is amazing. This is the best news for the company I believe out of any possible outcome. The Muppets stay there own entity away from the pocking eyes of a much bigger entity. Great news totally made my day, now the Wild Win and I will be even happier. Talk to you all soon.

Jennifer12

Reaction score
YAY!!!

YES!!!! Had to scream out loud at work when I read the news clip this morning!!!! Considering we're not supposed to use the internet for personal entertainment, I wouldn't have minded getting in some trouble over it today! But nobody said anything..... This is the best thing that could have happened....hmm....maybe a MuppetFest 2 is in the works to celebrate....:halo:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I just want to look at the good right now as this sale looks finial! I don't think the Henson family would buy back the Muppets if they didn't have plans for them. All the new merchandise should help and has helped get the muppets back into the public, we've got classic charcters back with new puppetiers, a bigger fan base, more merchandise in the works, and hopefuly the new Muppet show as well, it should all work out. The Henson family is older and more expericed now, I think they know what to do and how to keep the fans happy.

Nothings ever over...it's life! LOL, good, bad, lucky, sad, we just gotta take it day by day.:smile:

Zachary,

Tera

Reaction score
Praise the Lord and pass the Penguins! yes, Yes, YES!!!

So...when do you think they'll FINALLY have MuppetFest part Deux?

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
Well...all I can say is - YAHOOOOOO!!! FINALLY! :excited:

My only wish for the Henson company now is that the company and the Muppets not only get back to where they rightfully belong - but go above and beyond it.
I would also like to see the Fraggles back on the air sometime in the future...or at the very least, released on DVD. The fans have waited long enough - and the number of signatures on the petition for it are continually growing. If that's not enough of a sign to the company that something needs to be done to bring this wonderful show back into homes across the US and around the world, for the old generation of fans, and a new one - someone out there is just plain blind. :smirk:
But then, that's just my opinion... :big_grin: