EM silent no more!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay, if you haven't watched MWoO on DVD yet, sorry, but I can't contain it anymore, the Electric Mayhem had an actual speaking line!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's what they said:

Dr. Teeth: Nice gigs.

Wicked Witch: You're late!

Janice: Sorry, but like all of us don't have cool flying motorcycles.

Floyd: Yeah, we've been in the same bus since 1978!

It was wonderful!!!!! And Floyd sounded great!!!

That Announcer

Reaction score
I was watching it today, and I've got to agree with you! Floyd in particular sounded about 95% like Nelson's Floyd. Mark my words, John Kennedy will become the next big Muppeteer.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well.. now I REALLY want Muppets' Wizard of Oz on DVD!

(Of course, I wanted to own it in the first place, but now I REALLY do!)

Who does Janice's voice? Brian Henson?

That Announcer

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Well.. now I REALLY want Muppets' Wizard of Oz on DVD!

(Of course, I wanted to own it in the first place, but now I REALLY do!)

Who does Janice's voice? Brian Henson?
Nope, a guy called Tyler Bunch. You can view his IMDb profile here. According to the Tough Pigs Oz Performer FAQ, he also performed Old Tom. I was a little disappointed by his Janice, and Eric's Animal is still a little too high. But other than that, the performances were stellar.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
How was Dr. Teeth's voice?

I thought Brian Henson was now the performer of Janice like he was back in the christmas movie. I hate it when performers don't stick with a character and let it pass around to other performers. (That kind of sounded dirty!)

ryan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I thought Brian Henson was now the performer of Janice like he was back in the christmas movie. I hate it when performers don't stick with a character and let it pass around to other performers. (That kind of sounded dirty!)
Yeah, I thought it was weird that brian henson only had one character, Sal, in the movie. I think he might have originally planned on dubbing Scooter and janices lines, but probably thought it wasn't neccessary after hearing that Rickey Boyd could do a better scooter, and with janices lines being cut, he probably didn't bother to record lines.

i wonder how active Brian Henson will be in future Muppet productions now that the muppets are owned by Disney? I guess he will probably work on some productions for at least as long as the current deal with The Jim Henson Company lasts, but after the contract expire and Disney decides to start having other companies make the Muppets, i wonder if brian henson will still be involved as a performer?

After all, it seems like Brian Henson didn't really perform that much before the Disney deal. He had many characters on Muppets Tonight, but Sal is the only one who is constantly used. I don't think Nigel The Director or Seymour The Elephant have been used at all since Muppets Tonight ended (which is a shame, since I like them better than sal), and Dr. Phil Van Neuter has hardly been in any new productions since Muppets From Space. It seems like brian henson currently only performs in big productions and not small productions like the pizza hut commercials. I wonder if he will continue to perform The newsman if The newsman gets used again.

I hope that more of brian hensons characters get used again soon. I am sure that sal will appear in the upcoming christmas special and maybe the 50th anniversary roast, and i am unsure of the reality series, but I hope that Seymour, Nigel, Dr. Phil Van Neuter and The Newsman get used more.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I am going to cry. (of happiness)

I still haven't watched the extended edition yet. Well, only about the first 15 minutes.

**cry cry cry cry cry cry** :sing: :flirt: :big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
How was Dr. Teeth's voice?

ryan
To tell the truth I thought Brian's Janice was a bit off. Since I haven't heard Tyler's I can't comment on that one. I have the movie on tape and I don't think I want to spend money on the DVD just to hear a few lines of dialog that weren't in the TV version. Hopefully, we'll hear the EM speak again in future projects.