Elmo's World: Hugging!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Sorry I was grounded. GREAT STORY :3 <3

hug hug hug! *HUGGLES NORDEN*
Awwww! *hugs hugs hugs BeakerSqueedom back* Now for the two hardest parts...the Hugging Channel clip, and the interview with someone/something related to hugging. Any suggestions?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I just got ideas for the "topic channel" part of this fanfic, even if I don't have it in proper screenplay style:

• The announcer's tagline: "Welcome to the Hugging Channel...Let's just cuddle!" :flirt:
  • The Hug Lady's appearance: Cozy flannel robe, teddy bear in her arms.
  • The animated segment: a cartoon remake (with lyrics altered if necessary) of "Papa Gives a Big Bear Hug".
  • Coming Next announcement: Still having trouble finding a couple of TV/movie titles that could be turned into hug puns; any suggestions?
I was also thinking about the "interview" part: Grover and Rosita return to talk about different reasons people (or monsters!) hug each other; Dorothy would imagine Elmo in each situation. The other Muppets would explain that you should ask someone first before you give a hug.

Of course, this "Elmo's World" would end like most of the others: Elmo sings and plays "The Hugging Song" to the tune of the "Jingle Bells" refrain. (I imagine the lyrics a little less monotonous, like this...

"Hug hug hug, hug hug hug,
snuggle cuddle hug..." [repeat three more times])

Elmo would say goodbye while group-hugging Grover and Rosita: "Doo-doo-doo-DOO-doo...Elmo loves to hug!...That's Elmo's Worlllld!" :smile:

DTF

Reaction score
Thank you...I am not a big fan of "Elmo's World" either, but it seemed like the perfect place to do a Sesame Street segment about hugs. Glad you're enjoying this!
Sa,e here; I had to pop in since you mentioned it on the other board. As you may recall, I love to to light, comical parodies of Elmo's World, but this is a really great read, too.

ISNorden

Reaction score
A very late update...how does this sound as an ending for the "topic channel" section?

"Coming up next on the Hugging Channel: A Hug's Life, followed by The Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly." (A friend of mine offsite suggested the second title when I showed him the fanscript.)