Elmo's World: Hugging!

ISNorden

Reaction score
[Standard opening animation and music for EW episodes...]

ELMO: Hi! Welcome to Elmo's World!...Elmo's so happy to see you, and so is Dorothy...[turns to DOROTHY's fishbowl] Say hello, Dorothy!... Guess what Elmo is thinking about today? [Standard kazoo fanfare plays, then ELMO's doorbell rings; he walks over and struggles with the doorknob...] Silly door...UMPH! [The door opens to reveal Rosita and Grover, who put their arms around ELMO.] Awwww...that's right, Elmo is thinking about hugging. You know--hugging!

[CUT to a montage of various children hugging friends, family, pets, and stuffed animals; standard kazoo theme for the topic montage plays.]

[CUT to ELMO, still standing beside DOROTHY's fishbowl--which now has a figurine of two hugging children in it.] Dorothy's been thinking about hugging, too...and she has a question. How do you hug a friend? I know...let's ask Mr. Noodle. [ELMO walks up to the window shade, which tries to wrap itself around him.] Hee-hee-hee...Shade wants to give Elmo a hug! Come on, shade, please let go now...[It does so, with the usual sound effects. ELMO pulls up the shade, revealing MR. and MS. NOODLE.] There's Mr. Noodle and his sister, Ms. Noodle.... Oh, hi! Elmo here... Dorothy wants to know, how do you hug a friend?

[MR. NOODLE hesitates for a moment, then slaps MS. NOODLE a "high-five".]

That's friendly of you, Mr. Noodle, but that isn't a hug...Think harder! How do you hug a friend?

[MR. NOODLE scratches his head, then appears to understand...until square-dance music plays, and he begins do-si-do'ing around the room with MS. NOODLE.]

Ha-ha-ha...Dancing with a friend is fun, and good exercise too. But it's not the same as a hug. Here, let Elmo show you... [The music stops abruptly; MR. and MS. NOODLE come close enough to reach through ELMO's window.] See? When Elmo puts his arms around Mr. Noodle like this and holds him like this [ELMO demonstrates]...that's called a hug!

[MR. and MS. NOODLE nod, smile, and group-hug ELMO back.]

To be continued...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very good so far Inga.
Here's a hug for you as well. :big_grin:

Looking forward to the next installment.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Aww.

I dislike Elmo but boy this small story makes me feel all warm inside. :3 <3 I love that feeling so I'm gonna check you out for the next story!

update soon <3

ISNorden

Reaction score
Part 2

ELMO: Awwww...you learn really fast! Elmo loves it when you hug Elmo--thank you, Mr. and Ms. Noodle! [The two of them smile, disengage, and back away as ELMO's shade goes down again.] Now Elmo will ask a baby: How do you hug a friend? [ELMO walks up to a BABY, who is seated in a stroller and cuddling a rag doll. He looks at the BABY for a moment, then chuckles...] Ha-ha-ha! Great answer, Baby! Now Elmo will ask someone else: How do you hug a friend? [SFX: Bubble animation, with standard music; CUT to two children, against a background pattern of stylized figures hugging each other.]

CHILD #1 [standing next to CHILD #2]: Elmo, I put just one arm around my friend's shoulders, like this...[The two children demonstrate; CUT to two other children against the same background.]

CHILD #3 [standing behind CHILD #4]: Elmo, I put both arms around my friend from the back, like this...[The two of them demonstrate; CUT to two other children, one of whom sits in a wheelchair, against the same background.]

CHILD #5 [reaching up and out to CHILD #6]: My legs don't work, Elmo, so my friend and I hug like this... [CHILD #6 moves closer and leans forward to #5's level; then they hug.]

[SFX: bubble animation with standard music; ELMO is still standing in his crayon-drawn room, facing the viewer.] Thank you, everybody! Now Elmo has a question [sing-song voice] fo-o-o-r you: [normal voice] How many Twiddlebugs can hug this kitty cat together? Let's count and see... [SFX: Animation of a smiling, purring tabby cat pops onto the screen, followed by animated Twiddlebugs in assorted colors. Each one softly chants, "Twiddle-twiddle-hug!" as it puts two front legs around part of the cat's body; as each bug walks onscreen, a chorus of children count the total.] 1...2...3...4...5...6! Six cute little Twiddlebugs! Great counting, everyone...and great hugging, Twiddlebugs!

TWIDDLEBUGS [in chorus]: Thank you, Elmo! [The six of them fly off in different directions as the cat, still purring, walks away.]

ELMO: You can hug people, and monsters, and dolls, and cats...Elmo wonders, what else can you hug? [ELMO walks over to his dresser drawer, which resists being opened until the last second and then flings itself open spontaneously.] Maybe drawer knoooooows...

To be continued...

ISNorden

Reaction score
Aww.

I dislike Elmo but boy this small story makes me feel all warm inside. :3 <3 I love that feeling so I'm gonna check you out for the next story!

update soon <3
Thank you...I am not a big fan of "Elmo's World" either, but it seemed like the perfect place to do a Sesame Street segment about hugs. Glad you're enjoying this!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You're doing a wonderful job Inga. It reads just like a real Elmo's World segment. :big_grin:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Part 3

You're doing a wonderful job Inga. It reads just like a real Elmo's World segment. :big_grin:
Thank you so much; I knew that watching the recent Sesame Street episodes would pay off somehow. Feast your eyes on tonight's installment!

========

[CUT to a birthday cake, against a backdrop of stylized hugging figures. MUSIC: instrumental "Happy Birthday to You".]

ELMO [voice-over]: Can you hug a birthday cake?

CHORUS OF KIDS [voice-over]: No! [CUT to photo of kids at a birthday party--with the guest of honor receiving a hug--against the same backdrop.]

ELMO [voice-over]: But your friends can hug you at a birthday party...

[CUT to OSCAR--halfway out of his can, his fur smeared with mud-colored frosting and crumbs--against the same backdrop.]

OSCAR: Ding-dong, you're wrong... Fluffy and I had a lot of fun hugging the cake at her birthday party! Right, Fluffy? [SFX: trumpeting elephant, apparently coming from inside OSCAR's can.]

ELMO [voice-over]: Silly Oscar... Can you hug a tree? [CUT to photo of BIG BIRD, joining various KIDS as they group-hug a large tree in a park. MUSIC: instrumental "While Strolling Through the Park One Day".]

CHORUS OF KIDS [voice-over]: Yes!

ELMO [voice-over]: But the tree can't hug you back...that makes Elmo sad! [MUSIC: descending, bluesy notes on muted trumpet.]

[CUT to photo of a bear in a zoo, against the same hugging-figures backdrop. MUSIC: instrumental "Teddy Bears' Picnic".]

ELMO [voice-over]: Can you hug a bear?

CHORUS OF KIDS [voice-over]: Yes!

ELMO [voice-over]: Elmo doesn't think that bear's safe to hug...

RANDOM KID [voice-over]: True, but what about Baby Bear... [CUT to BABY BEAR, who is being hugged by BIG BIRD again.]

BABY BEAR: Awww, I weally like it when we hug, Big Biwd...

BIG BIRD: Radar's a bear too--a teddy bear!--and I hug him when I'm alone. [CUT to BIG BIRD in his nest, with Radar tucked under one wing.]

ELMO [voice-over]: Right! You can't hug a live bear, but other bears are OK...

[CUT to photo of a mailbox against the hugging-figures backdrop. MUSIC: Instrumental "Postcard from Amy".]

ELMO [voice-over]: Can you hug a mailbox?

CHORUS OF KIDS [voice-over]: No!

ELMO: But you can send someone a hug in the mail...a picture of a hug! [Mailbox opens to reveal an envelope, with a child's drawing of a hugging family inside.] Hee-hee-hee!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Sorry I was grounded. GREAT STORY :3 <3

hug hug hug! *HUGGLES NORDEN*