Elmo's Wonderful Life

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I forgot to mention in my story that instead of Grover trainign Elmo to deliver singing telegrams, he was training the Two-Headed Monster.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 4

"Well", said Jim, "Here's Elmo's World, or.... uh, just watch and see the altered title."

Instead of siging, Honking was heard, although the same tune of the Elmo's World theme, with the green honker honking the tune and it being called Honker's World.

"Oh, Honker's World", said Elmo, "You know, them, I can't understand what this Honker is saying."

"I'll translate for you", said Jim, who proceeded to translate, "Guess what I am thinking about today? Honk Honk Honk Honk!"

The Honker opened a door, which led to some ceiling fans. The Honker honked while Jim translatted, "Fans! You know, fans!"

"Elmo knows about fans, alright", said Elmo, "Elmo doesn't have any fans."

"Hmmm", thought Jim, "Oh, there's more to translate". he translated for the Honker. "My mail always had to do with what I;m thinkign about, so let's see what this letter akss. it asks, 'how do you turn on a fan?', good question! Let's see Sully show us!"

"Sully? Why not Mr. Noodle?", asked Elmo.

"What's the difference?", asked Jim, "Neither of them talk."

Sully climbed a latter and turned a fan on.

"Hey!", said Elmo, "Mr. Noodle usually needs help from the kids before he accomplishes something, but Sully doens't need to be told what to do."

"Yeah, Sully isn't incompetant enough", said Jim.

"Elmo want's to go back to his world", said Elmo.

"Have you learned your lesson?", asked Jim.

"Elmo sure did", said Elmo, "Elmo learns that just because a small group of people don't like you, doesn't mean that the whole world doesn't like you. Why, Elmo's friends still like him, and so do the kids, and that's good enough for Elmo."

"That's the spirit", said Jim.

"Everyone matters, so Elmo will sing", said Elmo, "Can you give Elmo a piano?"

Jim gave him a piano and Elmo started to sing, to the tune of jingle bells, "Ev-ry-one matters, ev-ry-one matters, ev-ry-one mat-ers!"

"Uh, Elmo", said Jim, "I don't think that song matters, and I think I hear some friends coming, so I'll just leave now and take this piano away."

Jim took the piano, turned into a ray of light, and vanished. Gordon, Bob, Big Bird, and Zoe all showed up.

"There you are, Elmo", said Gordon.

"We were worried sick about you", said Bob.

"Yeah, I know how you feel", said Zoe, "Those fans don't like me, either."

"Well, Elmo's okay with it now", said Elmo.

"But why?", asked Big Bird.

"Well, you wouldn't believe Elmo, but Elmo has realized that all of his friends, with the possible exception of oscar, do like him, and that's more important then what some adult fans think", explained Elmo.

They all went back to Sesame Street. Cookie Monster then showed up, shouting "Elmo! You no believe this! It miracle!"

Elmo went to see what was going on, and many of the fans had picked up their children and brought them to Sesame Street.

"These are our kids", said the fan who told Elmo that Elmo ruined Sesame Street, "Most of us might care more about everyone else, but our kids all like you, Zoe, Telly, and Baby Bear!"

"OH, boy", said Elmo.

"It's Elmo!", cheered one of the kids, "Can I have your autograph?"

And so, everyone was happy. The adult fans were happy for gettign to meet all of their long-time favorites, the kids were happy for meeting their favorites, and Elmo was happy because there are people who do like Elmo.

"it's a wonderful life!", exclaimed Elmo.

The End.

BEAR

Reaction score
This is a really neat idea. I have only read a bit of it so far, but I already know I am gonna like it! Very clever what you come up with!! I will keep reading when I get more time.:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow! That's it? Bummer. I really liked it a lot. Great way of writing Jim Henson in the story as someone who really cared about Elmo. I feel really bad for him in the beginning. Those fans were such jerks, man! They made it so personal. "You ruined Sesame Street!" What an awfully harsh thing for anyone to say to him, especially since he did no such thing. Elmo was the new blood that was brought in to keep SS fresh and alive and they made good use of him. He may get an awful lot of attention these days but he helps the show tremendously. Thank you for writing that wonderful story. I am sure it has made some people around here think a bit more.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
deleted concepts

There are some ideas that I did plan, but didn't include. Here is one scene that I thought about doing but didn't:

"Our next stop is Grouchland", said Jim.

"OH, yay!!!", exclaimed Elmo, "Elmo would like to go to Grouchland again."

They went to Grouchland, where Huxley was terrorizing everything and everybody.

"What's happening?", asked Elmo.

"Huxley is stealing toys", said Jim.

They watched some of the mayhem.

"Gimme that!", said Huxley, who was trying to take a toy snake from a grouch kid.

"That's mine", said the grouch kid.

"Well, not anymore!", said Huxley, "It's mine, now!"

Huxley then pulled it away, without tearing it.

"But I thought the Grouches knew how to stop him", said Elmo.

"That was when you went into grouchland", said Jim, "After you went looking for your blanket, some of your friends wetn lookign for you, but they ended up in jail because Big Bird and Zoe asked for help, and once Oscar found out that your blanket was stolen by Huxley, Oscar got all of the grouches to work together and co-operate for the first time. If not for that, Huxley would still be evil and the Grouches would still be pathetic."

"Well, we can stop him now!", said Elmo.

"No, we can't", said Jim.

"Why not?", asked Elmo.

"Remember, no one can see us or hear us or feel us", said Jim.

This was to happen after Elmo sees that Frazzle is Zoe's best friend. I'll write another abandoned concept soon. This will be an alternate version of what happens to Elmo's World.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Alternate World

I had originally planned for the alternate version of Elmo's World to turn into something different than Honker's World. However, I don't think many fans would have objected to this "world", even though Elmo might. Heck, I don't know if they would object to Honker's World. Befor we get to that other world, let's see how Honker's World ended.

Jim and Elmo continued to watch Honker's World, and Jim continued to translate for Elmo. Then it got to the end....

"And now, I am going to sing The Fan Song!", Jim translated from the Honker, who now got to his piano and played by hitting his nose at the piano keys.

"Fan Fan Fan, Fan Fan fan...", Jim translated for the Honker, who otherwise would have been singing "Honk honk honk, honk honk honk, honk honk honk honk honk..."

"This is really creepy", said Elmo, "But at least Elmo knows what he will think about for the next Elmo's World: Fans, the kind that hate Elmo."

Don Music then showed up. "Hey, Honker, quit banging your head on the piano", said Don Music, "It'll only encourage kids, and then their parents will send lots of angry letters, just like those parents did becasue I banged my head on the piano."

"Oh, so if Elmo were born, Don Music wouldn't be fired", said Elmo.

"No", said Jim, "You're not responsible for the disapearance of Don Music."

And now, here is the alternate way that Elmo's World got altered....

The backgroudns were still in crayon, but the backgrounds resembled a dark alleyway. Elmo's World became Lefty's World. The opening music was just mysterious music as Lefty The Salesman introduced the show.

"Guess what I'm thinking about today?", asked Lefty, who then opened a door, revealing a loud, noisy fan. The Fan was so loud, Lefty let out a "SHHHHH!", and the fan quieted down.

"Fans. You know, fans", said Lefty, "And now, let's ask Sully if he knows how to turn on a fan."

"Wait a minute, Sully doens't demosntrate, Mr. Noodle does", said Elmo.

"Well, the world is different", said Jim.

"You said it", said Elmo.

Sully turned the fan on without any problems.

"And now, I will ask a customer", said Lefty, who went to Ernie, "psst! hey, bud!"

"Who, me?", said Ernie.

"Shhhhhh", said Lefty.

"Who, me?", said Ernie.

"RRRiiight", said Lefty, "How do you turn on a fan?"

"Oh, that's easy", said Ernie, "You get real cute and pretend you're lost or have somethign wrong with you, and then that fan will be turned on and attracted to you", said Ernie.

"that's not how you turn on a fan", said Elmo.

"I know", said Jim, "Ernie's just making a joke."

The show got to an end.

"And now, I will sing The Fan Song", said Lefty, who began to sing, to the tune of Would You Like To Buy An O?

"Oh, would you like to
buy a fan,
round and sweet,
spins aroudn the corners,
blowing in your feet,
you can sing the same old song if you like so...
oooooh, oooh, oooh,
isn't that catchy?
Now buy my fan and take it home tonight,
don't ask any questions,
just... buy the fan and take it home tonight!"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Great story!!! I was hoping this would not be a bad elmo story where Elmo is the devil in the story.
Ha! Who would write a story like that?

Oh...he he...ri-ght...:wink:

But anyway, cool story liked this story, sorry I didn't jump in and say that earlier.