Elmo's Wonderful Life

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am going to write a short fan fiction called Elmo's Wonderful Life. it wont have as many chapters as Grover On Vacation or The Return of The Dodos (my other Sesame Street fan fictions). I know that it might be too early to write a christmas story, but this won't really be about christmas. I will start the first chapter after I make this first post.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 1

It was a very special day on Sesame Street. Elmo came to the street, where he saw Big Bird, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Ernie, Bert, Herry Monster, maria, Luis, Bob, Susan, and Gordon all togetehr next to the Sesame Street sign.

"I am so excited!", said Mr. Snuffleupagus.

"Me too!", said Big Bird.

"My rubber duckie is happy", said Ernie as he squeeked his duckie.

"And I have even prepared my best shirt!", said Bert.

"Uh, Bert", said ernie, "You always wear the same shirt".

"Actually", said Bert, "I have many shirts in the same pattern, just like you do. But I number my shirts. This is shirt number 13, one of my lucky numbers".

"What;s going on?", asked Elmo.

"Oh, Elmo", said Maria, "A bus full of Sesame Street fans are coming over any minute", said Maria.

"What do you mean Sesame Street fans?", asked Elmo.

"You know how we always act like we are talking to thin air?", said Luis.

"Oh, yeah", said Elmo, "Elmo does that all the time at Elmo's World".

"Well", said Gordon, "We aren't really talkign to thin air. We are talking to people who watch us on television."

"And the people who watch us are coming over soon", said Herry.

"oh, yayyyy!!!", cheered Elmo, "Lot's of kids, huh?"

"No", said Susan, "These are not kids. These are adults who watch us on television."

"But why not kids?", asked Elmo.

"They're all in school", said Bert.

"Oh", said Elmo.

The bus came. Everybody got off. There were twenty fans. The Count showed up and counted them all.

"Oh, what a happy day", said prarie dawn.

"Yeah", said Herry, "lately I have been playign in a storage room, but today I came out of storage just for this, and so have Rosevelt Franklin, Biff, Sully, and Proffessor Hastings".

"I just hope that I don't fall asleep", said Proffessor Hastings.

The fans greeted the cast.

"I like your stripes", said one fan to bert.

"Why, thank you", said bert.

"I have always wanted to meet you", said one fan to Big Bird.

A fan even banged on Oscar's trash can, wanting to meet him.

"What's all the racket?", growled Oscar.

"We are big fans of yours", said Oscar.

"OH, great, I've got fans", moaned oscar, "Well if you are BIG fans of mine, then you'll SCRAM AND GET LOST!"

Yes, the cast and fans were happy, but there was one person who wasn't feeling right.

"What's all this?", thought Elmo, "All of these fans are talking to everybody else, but none of them are even coming near me." Elmo decided to talk to soem fans himself.

"Hey, Elmos over here", said Elmo.

"So?", said a fan, who then went back to talking to Maria.

Elmo walked to another fan. "Hey, don't you want to talk to Elmo?', asked Elmo.

"Oh, no", said one fan. "We have a life", said another fan.

"Hmm", thought Elmo, "these fans must be like Oscar".

Elmo decided to shout. "WHY WON"T ANYBODY CHAT WITH ELMO?!!!"

One fan gave Elmo an answer. "Well, Elmo, we are longtime fans, we like Ernie and Bert and Herry and Grover and Cookie Monster..."

Another fan contineud, "..We liked Mr. Hooper, and and he adore Maria, but the truth is.... you ruined Sesame Street". Five of the fans gave each other high fives, while the others laughed.

"Heh heh heh", laughed Oscar, "These fans aren't so bad after all."

"That was very rude of you", said Bob.

"yeah, you should be ashamed of yourself", said Herry.

"We know", said a fan, "We're ashamed of ourselves for wacthing the show when Elmo moved here". The fans all laughed again. Elmo cried and ran away.

"Elmo, come back...", said Gordon, who went chasing after Elmo, but Elmo ran so fast that Gordon lost track of him.

Elmo ran to an alley. "Nobody likes Elmo", he thought, "Everybody likes all of Elmos friends, but not Elmo". Elmo sniffed some tears, and then shouted, "Elmo wishes he had never been born!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 2

Elmo was crying and shouting. "Elmo wishes he had never been born!"

The, a glow of light suddenly appeared. It formed a man, with a brown beard and brown hair, wearing a white suit and with angel wings.

"Hello, there, Elmo", said the angel.

"Who are you, somebody else who hates Elmo?", asked Elmo.

"I am Jim, your guardian angel", said Jim, "Now what is your problem?"

"Well, if you had been paying attention to Elmo", explained Elmo, "Lots of Sesame Street fans came to Sesame Street just a few minutes ago, and they all said that Elmo ruined Sesame Street. Therefore, Elmo wishes he hadn't been born."

"Hmm...", said Jim, "You know, you shouldn't wish to have never been born just because some hard-core fans don't like you. In fact, I will show you what life would be like if you hadn't been born."

"How are you going to do that?", asked Elmo.

"I will use magic", said Jim.

"well, you'd better be careful", said Elmo, "Elmo's friend Mumford always uses magic, but his magic always backfires."

"Well, I won't mess up", said Jim, "I am not a magician. I am an angel. Now, hold my hand, and we will go to an alternate world... the world where you were never born."

"Elmo could use a vacation as well", said Elmo.

BEAR

Reaction score
Thats a neat idea. Remember when Sesame Street parodied It's a Wonderful Life when they made Elmo Saves Christmas?

F

furryredmonster

Great story!!! I was hoping this would not be a bad elmo story where Elmo is the devil in the story.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Jim successfully took Elmo to the world where he was never born. Sesame Street doesn't look too different from how it currently looks. The mail-It shop didn't remain a fix-it shop, and Big Bird still had the new doors that were built because of the hurricane. But there were still differences.

"Now, Elmo", said Jim, "Nobody can see, hear, or feel us. You remember that, okay?"

"okay", said Elmo.

Elmo and Jim observed Big Bird talking to people about Mr. Snuffleupagus.

"My best friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus, says he is coming over today", said Big Bird.

"Mr. Snuffleupagus, your imaginary friend?", said Alan.

"I can't believe that you still have that imaginary friend of yours", said Gordon.

"Neither can I", said Gina.

"But he is real", said Big Bird.

"No, he is not!", said Gina.

They walked away. Mr. Snuffleupagus then entered when nobody was looking.

"Hello, Bird", said Mr. Snuffleupagus.

"Hi, Snuffy!", said Big Bird, "I'm ready to play, I'll just have to get somebody to see you. You just wait right here."

Big Bird went to the mail-it shop.

"Hey, Maria, mr. Snuffleupagus is here", said Big Bird.

Maria, who was busy looking over inventory, was too busy to look. "No he isn't", said maria.

Mr. Snuffleupagus was looking through the window of Hooper's Store, where Alan was too bust counting his money to see Mr. Snuffleupagus.

"I wonder why nobody in Hooper's Store ever sees me", thought mr. Snuffleupagus. Then, after waiting for Big Bird to come back, thought, "Hmm, maybe Big Bird can't play today, but I;ve gotta go home now". Snuffy left, walking past Telly, who was wearing a blindfold. Telly took off his blindfold as soon as Snuffy was away from the street, which is also when Big Bird got maria to come see Snuffy and when Alan was finished coiunting his money. He was just missed by all of them.

"Why don't they believe in Mr. Snuffleupagus?", asked Elmo.

"Well, it was you who helped all the grown-ups see Snuffy for the first time", said Jim, "And if you weren't born, then they wouldn't have seen him."

"well, what's next?", said Elmo.

"Well, let's see who ends up being Zoe's best friend if you are not alive to be her best friend", said Jim.

They witnessed Zoe bringing her pet rock, Rocco, to her alternate best friend, Frazzle.

"Hey, Frazzle, Rocco wants to play", said Zoe.

"AAarrghh!", growled Frazzled.

"What do you mean he is not real?", asked Zoe.

"AAARRGGGHHHHH!", shouted Frazzle, who then went to uncontrollably chew up on Zoe.

"Oh, that's terrible", said Elmo.

"And what happens to Grover is worse",s aid Jim.

They saw Grover walking down the street, weary.

"Oh, I still can't find a job, and my mommy can't support me", said Grover.

"What's wrong with Grover?", asked Elmo.

"Do you remember the time when grover trained you to be a singing telegram delivery monster?", asked Jim.

"yes", said Elmo, "When it turned out that he deliverd the wrong telegram, I sang the telegram again, making a small change, which caused the blue man to be happy."

"Well, he was calmer because of that, but here's a little video showing what would have happened if you weren't there to make him feel better", said Jim.

They watched the video. After the door was shut, Fat Blue remarked, "He always get's my servivce wrong! Well, I have had it!"

Fat Blue then went to the phone, "Hello, singing telegram company, tehres this blue monster, Grover, who always gets my stuff wrong. I want you to fire him, and call all of his other employers and tell them the same." Fat Blue hung up, then took the phone, "But just in case he doens't call them....", he dialed, "Hello, Charlie!"

"So, he was so mad at Grover that day, that he called all of Grovers employers, they all heard enough bad compaining that he was fired, and he could never get a job again", said Jim, "And now we will go to a toy store."

"yayyyyyy!!!", shouted Elmo.

They went.

"Now", said Jim, "Do you see anything unusual?"

"No", said Elmo.

"Well, none of your friends are toys in this store, or any other store", said Jim.

"I wasn't aware that we were toys", said Elmo.

"Well, some toy companies make toys based on Sesame Street residents. If you were alive, this would have been made", said Jim, who showed Elmo a Tickle Me Elmo, "Go ahead, squeeze it."

Elmo squeezed the toy. "ha ha ha, that tickles!", said the Tickle Me Elmo doll.

"That's a fun toy", said Elmo.

"And if you weren't born, this is what we would have gotten", said Jim, who showed Elmo a Tickle Me Oscar doll.

Elmo squeezed the tickle me oscar, which growled, "Stop touching me, you stupid menace!"

"Oh, Elmo wouldn;t want a doll like that", said Elmo.

"Nobody would", said Jim, "That doll wouldn't have sold, and that would be the end of Sesame Street toys. Palisades wouldn't even want to make action figures after that. Tickle me Elmo sold millions, though."

"Well", said Elmo, "Can you take Elmo back to the world where Elmo was born?"

"Sure", said Jim, "But I have one more thing to show you. it's how Elmo's World would turn out without you."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Great story!!! I was hoping this would not be a bad elmo story where Elmo is the devil in the story.
No, Elmo is not the devil. It is a way of showing what life might have been like if Elmo wasn't created. it has a happy ending.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Good Stuff! The Palisades joke was good..and true. They still havent made the figures, and it's, what, October now? Is this not fall 2005? Oh well...