Elmo Replica

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Yeah, Just like every one else the eyes should be closer and the pupile higher

batjimi

Reaction score
that looks great! now is that the 1.5 inch pile length shaggy red fur? that is in the link? thanks

eing6888

Reaction score
I had fixed the eyes and it looks superb! Thank you for the feedback guys:smile:

eing6888

Reaction score
that looks great! now is that the 1.5 inch pile length shaggy red fur? that is in the link? thanks
yes, that's where I bought the fur. It is the longest fur I found that has Elmo red color.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I just finished mine last night. I found that the Red Shaggy Mongolian fur from Mendel's was an almost exact match. I boiled it for 20 seconds then dried it for 27 minutes in the dryer. I had to trim the fur down some and I added some hair mouse to areas of the face to give it some extra texture. I do feel like I made his hands a little bit too big though.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
I used the methods of boiling the fur as you described here to make my Elmo that is my avatar. Your help was so appreciated. I really appreciate the sharing that goes on here. My puppet came out as good as it did because of all of you here. I also followed your method for tying the fleece. I was very happy with the color. Thanks again.

allie vital

Reaction score
I just finished with my first replica, Elmo. I used Mostro pattern from Projectpuppet.com . I bought the faux fur from Fabric Empire (http://www.fabricempire.com/faux-fur-shaggy-red.aspx) , one yard is more than enough for Elmo. For the nose, I used 4 inches styrofoam ball and sculpted it with coarse sand paper and cover it with dyed Antron fleece. For the eyes, I bought 50mm Christmas ornaments from Amazon.com and then sprayed it with white spray paint and use black felt as pupils.

Hi i have a mega huge question my daughters 1st birthday is in oct and she loves elmo i have all the supplies i need but my question is how do i donhis body and wash him? I was thinking of making his head solid but im clueless how can you please help thank u

CowbellaPiggy

Reaction score
all these Elmo replicas are so adorable! you guys are very talented!
anyone selling an Elmo? I want a soft, huggable authentic-sized Elmo to love