Ehhhh. . . . I'll Bite

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude, if anything, you're anti-woke . . . not sleep, of course, but you so anti-woke, you practically asleep.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On a scale from 1 to 10, how much of a boss does this seem like the kind of one I’d be at a fast food resteraunt?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd say 5 . . . he's definitely got that ******** tone you have if somebody was really difficult to deal with, but I feel like you wouldn't be so compliant with him shooting up the restaurant like that, you'd be more like, "Oh Elmo no, muthafucka!"

Any Del

Reaction score
Thread bump.

I don't know if anyone ever asked you this but since I know you love COURAGE; what were opinions on each season of the series and which season was personally your favorite and the one you DESPISED the most?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh, great question! So, to break it down season by season. . . .

• Season 1 is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned; because the show was still so new, and so unlike other Cartoon Network shows before it, it really stood out in terms of the writing, the characters, the animation, those photo-realistic backgrounds, and the like. Courage actually talking regularly that season was certainly a big plus as well, not to mention the fact that John R. Dilworth himself actually wrote a number of the episodes for this season helped set the stage. I would say, most things considered, this is my personal favorite season, so I rate it 1 out of 4.
  • Season 2 was tough to adjust to, mainly because of the sudden drop in Courage talking, so that made it rather difficult to enjoy, not to mention with some exceptions ("The Magic Tree of Nowhere," "Robot Randy," and "The Tower of Dr. Zalost" every single episode of this season was written by David Steven Cohen, so the season as whole kind of has a "one-note" feel to it. Also, that four-month hiatus the show went through was not very fun at all. Some enjoyable episodes, but I would say that this is the weakest season of the series and my least favorite (though, I wouldn't say I despise it); I rate it 4 out of 4.
  • Season 3 was a mixed bag. By now, it had become clear that Courage would never talk as much as he did in Season 1, so that an adjustment I had made by then, and for the most part, I would say that the stories were a step up from the previous season, however, there were some negative points about this season, such as the loss of Lionel Wilson, and it clearly took Arthur Anderson a few episodes to really find his way as Eustace; I also didn't care for how Ma Bagge was turned into a full-blown villain this season. Another thing I also like about this season is how it made more use of lighting and coloring, which gave the overall look of the show even more of a surreal realism that was somewhat lacking in previous season. I rate it 3 out of 4.
  • Season 4 was another step up: Arthur Anderson, while still no Lionel Wilson, had finally made Eustace his own, and even though Courage still didn't talk much, he seemed to get more occasional zingers and one-liners this season. The overall look of the show continues to make more use of lighting and coloring like the last season, which makes it such a visually stunning season, and many of the stories in this season were so incredibly deep, such as the infamous episode "The Mask," which has to be the most gutsy episode of the entire series. Plus, we also got other memorable episodes, such as "Ball of Revenge," which brought together many of the previous villains in a battle royale against Courage, and "Remembrance of Courage Past," which finally gave us the full scoop on Courage's backstory as to what happened to his doggy parents, and why he ended up abandoned and found by Muriel. Definitely my second favorite season; I rate it 2 out of 4.

Any Del

Reaction score
Nice! The reason why I said despised is due to the fact that in the later seasons I didn't like what they did to Courage's dialogue. But as for the other components you've mentioned I agree with you 100%.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I meant to ask Marty Grabstein what he knows about the decrease in Courage's dialogue when I meant him last Halloween, but I totally forgot. I was going to ask because different parties have said different things: I know Linda Simensky from Cartoon Network said it was because they felt Courage "talked too much" in Season 1 and asked Dilly to change that; meanwhile, Dilly has said it was because it was meant to be an underlying message that the true intimacy of family isn't always comprehensible (verbally speaking, that is), so it would've been nice to get a third opinion on the matter.